Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - Album Cover Art Revealed, Trailer Online, Audio Sample Medley Online

Original news, published on 06.08.2010

Kamelot have revealed the cover artwork for the upcoming Poetry For The Poisoned album. The album will be released next month. Everything you need to know about this album was previously reported over here and over here.

Poetry For The Poisoned will be available in three versions:
  • Regular CD edition
  • Digipak CD with bonus DVD
  • Two-LP gatefold vinyl edition

UPDATED on 25.08.2010 (thanks to Ellrohir)

A short video trailer for for Kamelot's forthcoming album, Poetry For The Poisoned, was posted online and can be viewed at this location.

UPDATE (thanks to *!*)

US metallers Kamelot have posted a medley of songs from their upcoming Poetry For The Poisoned album. Check it out at the band's MySpace page.

Source: kamelot.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 30.08.2010 by Dark Blood

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 424 users
06.08.2010 - 17:24
JÄY
Metal slave
So small! whats with this trend of releasing the lowest possible res cover art?!
just go for 1000x1000! i cant even see anything!

that said this cover is hilarious...kinda inna good way, kinda inna bad way hahaha robot love
06.08.2010 - 20:14
farfaramir
One of the worst cover made in story of music XD... (Nah, Im exagerating, but I can't like that).
06.08.2010 - 21:25
nb
Nice artwork.
07.08.2010 - 00:48
Reminds me of the artwork for Thy Kingdom Gone by Flowing Tears
07.08.2010 - 00:59
Farbsryche
I love it, it's a mixture of Gothic Romanticism, Lovecraft & Hellraiser, or is that the old art college student resurfacing?
07.08.2010 - 05:58
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Morphine Cloud on 07.08.2010 at 00:48

Reminds me of the artwork for Thy Kingdom Gone by Flowing Tears

Ya kinda! I like it, good artwork. Can't wait for the album!
07.08.2010 - 06:30
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I liked the cover art of the previous album, I thought this one could be greater than that one, but, oh gosh, this is kinda weird... oh well, let's wait for the finished job, music plus cover art can make an awesome combination.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
07.08.2010 - 17:56
Justicelust
A stunning cover art, but oh it's too small. It's so weird for a band like Kamelot to release a low quality cover art.
07.08.2010 - 19:30
ravendeath
Nice artwork! Reminds me to the cover artworks of Moonspell, Omega Lithium, Flowing Tears...I suppose it's the same author. Yes, it's Seth Siros job, who's also responsible for before mentioned and also Paradise Lost, The Foreshadowing and other great artworks..., but unfortunately it becomes kinda repetitive.
08.08.2010 - 01:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Looks a bit weird, i was hoping they changed their sound from the last album, but it seems they are sticking to the whole theatric style, from the cover anyway. I must say, i prefer the 'purple' traditional album covers they made.
09.08.2010 - 02:23
Opethian
Written by Guest on 07.08.2010 at 02:08

Pretty mediocre art cover.

can you fetch me a better album cover ? from this year that is ? haha
09.08.2010 - 03:30
RavenKing
Written by HolyandFallen on 06.08.2010 at 18:43

This looks like gothic-industrial xD

That was my first thought when I saw the cover. One of the ugliest artwork I've seen this year.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
09.08.2010 - 03:33
RavenKing
Written by ravendeath on 07.08.2010 at 19:30

Nice artwork! Reminds me to the cover artworks of Moonspell, Omega Lithium, Flowing Tears...I suppose it's the same author. Yes, it's Seth Siros job, who's also responsible for before mentioned and also Paradise Lost, The Foreshadowing and other great artworks..., but unfortunately it becomes kinda repetitive.

Yeah, it's kinda like this artist who made lots of covers for Powermetal albums this year (sorry, I don't remember the name but it's the guy who made the cover for Rhapsody's new album). He always uses the same colors (blue and orange).
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.08.2010 - 04:23
Wishmaster
Account deleted
I don't like it, hopefully the inside (songs) is more important than the outside.
26.08.2010 - 01:23
MeloDeathViking
It sounds amazing!! How can I preoorder?!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
26.08.2010 - 09:20
Zhao
The Arkaholic
Written by MeloDeathViking on 26.08.2010 at 01:23

It sounds amazing!! How can I preoorder?!

There's a number of links at kamelots site (kamelot.com)
26.08.2010 - 17:53
LHVL
Here some samples:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=MICP-10940
26.08.2010 - 19:35
Jon
I like the looks of the video, it's like the Matrix meets Romero.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
28.08.2010 - 09:55
Constantine
Sweet look.
30.08.2010 - 22:50
Dark Blood
The Avenger
The medley looks nice. Looks like they're sticking with the Ghost Opera style. I dont know if that's entirely good...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
31.08.2010 - 00:15
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Dark Blood on 30.08.2010 at 22:50

The medley looks nice. Looks like they're sticking with the Ghost Opera style. I dont know if that's entirely good...

No it's not necessarily good, I hope they try to move forward and don't stick to their formula. Kahn has an amazing voice but it needs interesting music to back it... listening to old Conception now.
31.08.2010 - 11:13
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Introspekrieg on 31.08.2010 at 00:15

Written by Dark Blood on 30.08.2010 at 22:50

No it's not necessarily good, I hope they try to move forward and don't stick to their formula. Kahn has an amazing voice but it needs interesting music to back it... listening to old Conception now.

You're right, he needs good musicians behind his voice (not that Kamelot aren't; quite the opposite, they're great) but I'm afraid popularity gets into their heads. They already changed a lot with Ghost Opera and left their traditional power style behind. Let's at least hope they don't lose their creativity and move forward, like you said.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
31.08.2010 - 12:22
BudDa
Elite
Kamelot, play it straight. Whats with the tease? U ought to know by now that internet suspense is lame. Don't post anymore updates until u are ready to have the entire album up for streaming!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
31.08.2010 - 17:21
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Well... the whole album leaked anyway
----
loves 小巫
01.09.2010 - 05:31
The Black Halo
Sounds like another great duet with Simone is coming. I cant wait for this album. The medley gave you just enough where you cant really form an opinion, it just makes you want to hear the rest.
----
~But I'll await my darkest hour
When the guilt doesn't get to me~
----------------------------------------
m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/ m/
----------------------------------------

Hits total: 7239 | This month: 4