Comments page 2 / 8

Comments: 226   Visited by: 1560 users
05.04.2012 - 01:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by hexmoth on 05.04.2012 at 01:01

Hey guys
come on release it , we are ready to hear a new brilliant work in doom metal world once more.
I hope you have kept your way on melodies:banger2:

I am not even sure they have finished recording it. BUt will ask it for you on May 12 when they headline Dordrecht Doom Day
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.04.2012 - 15:10
Rating: 9
InnerSelf
proofread free
"Tomorrow we start the recordings for the new album, again it is Flemming Rasmussen behind the mixer, we are looking so much forward to this.
Bass and drums are the first things to be recorded the coming days, we will keep you posted on the development"

Hopefully it'll be out before the Fall
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
12.04.2012 - 23:58
InnerSelf
proofread free
Studio report 1 ...
----
is not bold enough
13.07.2012 - 21:55
Glabrezu
Written by InnerSelf on 12.04.2012 at 23:58

Studio report 1 ...

Thank you for the report and the songs!! I listened to Wind Torn live in Italy, but not to Father's Prudence Amazing song!!
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
13.07.2012 - 22:16
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Glabrezu on 13.07.2012 at 21:55

Written by InnerSelf on 12.04.2012 at 23:58

Studio report 1 ...

Thank you for the report and the songs!! I listened to Wind Torn live in Italy, but not to Father's Prudence Amazing song!!

Oh, you're most welcome
I just hope they don't delay it any further, really eager to hear the end result and judging by the four songs from those YT videos it could be massive.
----
is not bold enough
29.07.2012 - 20:58
MechanisT
Account deleted
Just get it out already.
30.07.2012 - 07:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 29.07.2012 at 20:58

Just get it out already.

how is that possible when they haven't evenr ecorded it all yet?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.09.2012 - 16:33
black sorrow
Oh finally forsaken god a new album
they sound very nice
i hope they full of sorrow
15.09.2012 - 16:42
PocketMetal
Man I can't wait for this one .
on a side note , isn't Laurie the most humble vocalist EVER ?! she messaged me and told me "thanks a lot for the invite " when I invited her on FaceBook .. I was like wtf ? I should say thank you
15.09.2012 - 22:07
Rating: 3
Rawand
Still 3 Months Remain
I can Wait
30.09.2012 - 22:42
Erik M.
I'm checking MS almost every day for news regarding this album and I'm disappointed every time.

They promised me the album will be released this year (at Dordrecht Doom Day II), so I guess it's not that bad, but I'd like to see the tracklist and length of the songs... and the album art as well.

I have very high hopes for this album, as the 4 songs they already played live are amazing. I think this album is going to sound a lot like Paradise Belongs To You (long, slow tracks with more grunts than shouts), which is a good thing, because it's my favourite by far. Father's Providence (not Prudence, since I listened to Thomas how he pronounced it before playing the song) has more the style of Martyre though, and it's probably my favourite new song at the moment.
30.09.2012 - 22:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Erik M. on 30.09.2012 at 22:42

I'm checking MS almost every day for news regarding this album and I'm disappointed every time.

They promised me the album will be released this year (at Dordrecht Doom Day II),

Funny, cause Thomas told me that day that he wasn't sure if it would be released before the end of the day
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.09.2012 - 23:08
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2012 at 22:53

Written by Erik M. on 30.09.2012 at 22:42

They promised me the album will be released this year (at Dordrecht Doom Day II),

Funny, cause Thomas told me that day that he wasn't sure if it would be released before the end of the day

Surely you mean "year", hehe. Anyway, that's a little strange. I bought a t-shirt from Brian that day and asked him about the release date of new album. He then told me it was going to be released this year, but he didn't elaborate...
30.09.2012 - 23:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Erik M. on 30.09.2012 at 23:08

Surely you mean "year", hehe. Anyway, that's a little strange. I bought a t-shirt from Brian that day and asked him about the release date of new album. He then told me it was going to be released this year, but he didn't elaborate...

yeah I meant year and not day hahahaha.

SO it seems Brian and Thomas disagreed on when the album would be released I hope that isn't a reason for the band to split up.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2012 - 01:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2012 at 23:52

I hope that isn't a reason for the band to split up.

Shut up
----
is not bold enough
01.10.2012 - 01:06
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2012 at 23:52

Written by Erik M. on 30.09.2012 at 23:08

yeah I meant year and not day hahahaha.

SO it seems Brian and Thomas disagreed on when the album would be released I hope that isn't a reason for the band to split up.

Haha, let's hope not. Although I know them relatively short (1,5 year), I do know they've had a lot of bad luck with keeping the band members. I think that's now pretty much stabilised.

If the line-up doesn't change anymore, maybe they'll release their next album sooner than 2018 (seeing as there's 6 years between most albums).
10.10.2012 - 17:01
Abattoir
staff
The release date is out, finally.
11.10.2012 - 00:33
InnerSelf
proofread free
Yey, it's real and we have proof that this will actually happen
----
is not bold enough
11.10.2012 - 12:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Good to see that apparently Thomas lied to me at Dordrecht Doom Day adn Brian spoke the truth to EMols86
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.10.2012 - 19:39
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Good late birthday present for myself! This will come out a week after I turn 19.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
12.10.2012 - 20:45
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.10.2012 at 12:05

Good to see that apparently Thomas lied to me at Dordrecht Doom Day adn Brian spoke the truth to EMols86

Hahaha, I'm happy that this is the case as well.

Anyway, this album is just 7 weeks away from being released. Veronica Decides To Die was very good, but somehow I like Paradise Belongs To You a lot more... I'm getting the feeling Saturn in Ascension will be more like their first from what I've heard so far. Though A Father's Providence (amazing song by the way) sounds more like songs on Martyre.
13.10.2012 - 01:36
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Erik M. on 12.10.2012 at 20:45

Anyway, this album is just 7 weeks away from being released. Veronica Decides To Die was very good, but somehow I like Paradise Belongs To You a lot more... I'm getting the feeling Saturn in Ascension will be more like their first from what I've heard so far. Though A Father's Providence (amazing song by the way) sounds more like songs on Martyre.

From the four songs that have been played live it sounds to me like a balance between Martyre and Veronica, although apparently a lot heavier and slower ... I really can't wait for this to come out.
----
is not bold enough
13.10.2012 - 01:57
Erik M.
Written by InnerSelf on 13.10.2012 at 01:36

Written by Erik M. on 12.10.2012 at 20:45

From the four songs that have been played live it sounds to me like a balance between Martyre and Veronica, although apparently a lot heavier and slower ... I really can't wait for this to come out.

The reason I think it resembles Paradise was more due to the length of the songs. Neither Martyre (longest track is 07:09) nor Veronica (only I Long and Descending) has such long tracks, but Paradise is full of them (6 out of 9 tracks). Also, Thomas seems to combine death growl with clean singing again like he did on Paradise. I didn't really dislike his "shouting growls", but I can't say I'm really fond of it either. Hopefully those aren't coming back on the new album. And yeah, the songs are really slow and heavy, but I like that a lot more than fast-paced songs like the ones on Martyre.
13.10.2012 - 02:13
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2012 at 01:57

The reason I think it resembles Paradise was more due to the length of the songs. Neither Martyre (longest track is 07:09) nor Veronica (only I Long and Descending) has such long tracks, but Paradise is full of them (6 out of 9 tracks). Also, Thomas seems to combine death growl with clean singing again like he did on Paradise. I didn't really dislike his "shouting growls", but I can't say I'm really fond of it either. Hopefully those aren't coming back on the new album. And yeah, the songs are really slow and heavy, but I like that a lot more than fast-paced songs like the ones on Martyre.

Well I don't think they can make another Paradise again since Kim is no longer a member and all those neo-folk influences that he used to incorporate are gone, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like the way Saturnus are heading and I believe this album can top Veronica.
btw Martyre is my favorite Saturnus LP I like Thomas's shouts in it and i like how gothic-y it is, it was like Lacrimas Profundere's Burning A Wish to the rest of the albums.
----
is not bold enough
13.10.2012 - 16:35
Erik M.
Written by InnerSelf on 13.10.2012 at 02:13

Written by Erik M. on 13.10.2012 at 01:57

Well I don't think they can make another Paradise again since Kim is no longer a member and all those neo-folk influences that he used to incorporate are gone, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like the way Saturnus are heading and I believe this album can top Veronica.
btw Martyre is my favorite Saturnus LP I like Thomas's shouts in it and i like how gothic-y it is, it was like Lacrimas Profundere's Burning A Wish to the rest of the albums.

Ah I see, you might be right (I didn't know Kim had that influence). I happen to like Paradise the most and Martyre the least, as I'm more fond of the longer tracks rather than the shorter tracks.

If the quality of the 4 remaining unheard songs is as great as the 4 songs we've already heard, then I think Saturn In Ascension might very well top every previous album. All in all, I can hardly wait for it.
16.10.2012 - 16:30
InnerSelf
proofread free
Not falling in love with the cover
----
is not bold enough
16.10.2012 - 17:40
Erik M.
I have to be honest... I don't like the album cover a lot. The Saturnus-logo is awesome though, and it's the music that counts anyway, so I don't think it's that big of a deal.
17.10.2012 - 14:43
Abattoir
staff
Not impressed either by this artwork. For example Veronika's is comparing to this one miles ahead for me personaly. And it was designed by Travis Smith, who has done some outstanding album artowrks for many bands in the past.
18.10.2012 - 06:31
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Hmm... yeah, everyone commenting about the artwork is right, it's not all that impressive, it's pretty bland really. However I am looking forward to the music itself at least. \m/
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
26.10.2012 - 22:46
With a whole new lineup, i'm having my doubts about the album :/

artwork seems okay to me, makes me feel the album will be spooky and dark.

Hits total: 44987 | This month: 45