Found in 46 lists
Top lists

Comments page 8 / 8

Comments: 226   Visited by: 1559 users
13.01.2013 - 22:15
Rating: 9
The Melting Snow

Quote:
I lack the permitions to delete votes but on behalf of those who do I'd like to say that while it's not hard, it's fucking tedious and not only that... It's waaaaay down on the priority list specially NOW with the Awards coming up. By this time of the year stuff like reviews and smaller things like votes and moderation end up getting lowered a lot because there's a shitload of stuff to do for the awards.

So basically: Patience and stuff.

That's pretty understandable...

looking forward to the awards, I hope they won't get polluted
14.01.2013 - 22:50
D.T. Metal

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.01.2013 at 15:21

.... Since Saturnus draws mostly older crowds that love life and party hard whereas kataonia has loads of those emo teens at their gigs

HOLY CRAP - apparently I lived under a rock. Dear god do I like this album - well, not each and every song, but the majority for sure. And after listening to the whole thing I can see the point with the "older crowds" compared to the Katatonia audience
09.02.2013 - 00:51
Saeed_p

Great melancholic and melodic doom I've ever heard!!!
11.02.2013 - 20:35
Rating: 10
saturnus

An oder best album from this band
03.03.2013 - 20:32
InnerSelf
proofread free
A win well deserved
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
28.03.2013 - 00:01
Rating: 3
Rawand

I donot know why peopl rate them 10 if we compare this album to older 1 this album is a fucking bad album
26.04.2013 - 00:55
Glabrezu

Nice, another classic album from these Gothic-Doom masters. A Lonely Passage is my favourite one
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
22.05.2013 - 19:08
IronArkadius666

Wow, being introduced to Saturnus through VDTD, which I understand is a classic of theirs, I thought that this album would probably be fairly disappointing (especially since 2012 seems to enjoy following that trend) However after about 5 listens of this I struck gold... just wow...

Fav song has to be either Wind Torn, Lonely Passage or Between, the cello part in Between just send shivers down my spine...
If i was feeling suicidal, I would be afraid to listen to this as its beautiful melancholy would probably remove all doubt such an action.
06.02.2014 - 09:57
desire

Forest of insomenia ... one of the greatest metal records ever!
25.05.2014 - 19:39
Kraterr
Account deleted
I love this album, I really do.. But I can't give it a 10, not in a million years. 'A Fathers Providence' makes me cringe, to see how far Saturnus has fallen, worst song of the album for sure, that chorus is a huge disappointment considering the caliber of death doom present in this record.

Also I get bored during the latter half of ' Call Of The Raven Moon '... 7 minutes is too long for this song, should have been cut to half at least.

Highlights: Litany Of Rain, Wind Torn, Forest Of Insomnia, Between. These four songs right here, yeah these four, are some of the best melodic death doom songs ever, the riffs, oh my god the riffs..
20.06.2014 - 17:13
MelancholiaC

Greatness has often generated divided opinions, but no matter.

Paradise Belongs To You was ahead of its time, and this one only builds on its legacy as an eternal classic!

This album is simply indescribable - its exquisite soul will live in me until death.
05.01.2015 - 06:04
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Even if I already loved doom in that moment. When I heard this album, I became a follower of the genre.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
19.11.2016 - 22:45
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
I'm not too familiar with their older stuff to compare this one to, but this is really good imo.
19.11.2016 - 22:57
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Written by Bloody Rain on 19.11.2016 at 22:45

I'm not too familiar with their older stuff to compare this one to, but this is really good imo.

Listen to the debut pal. It's among the best melodic death/doom albums out there.
----
05.02.2017 - 23:05
Rating: 8
Redel

Great album. Just such a pity that there is so much of a letdown after track 04.
Second half of the album is certainly not bad, but I cant find any highlights there.
Pretty looooong 40 min.
16.08.2018 - 08:05
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Hmm I forgot that I am a fan of this band. They need a new album NOW.
----

Hits total: 44969 | This month: 27