Metal Storm logo
The god delusion

Original post

Posted by RockeRoy, 07.08.2010 - 17:07
I'm just finished reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and it's one hell of a book:) Loved it.. so Interesting, educational and funny.
I just can't see how any religious person can deny the facts in this book. He explains it so well.
Anyone else read the book?? any religious folks here who have any thoughts about it??
Discuss anthing related to the book i guess
19.08.2010 - 01:15
RockeRoy

[quote)

Fossils prove that the earth is over 6000 years witch the bible tells us if we do the math! and it tells us alot about evoltion.

We can look at DNA and commpare different animals DNA ,and the the DNA of two different animals looks more simmilar the more they look alike. A ratt and a mouse DNA is almoast identical, humans DNA looks close to chimpanzees, orangutan etc, etc. (actually there is possible that we can get offspring with an ape.)
Compare the DNA from an Goat and a Snake and you would see very different DNA codes, letters
So the closer two animals look the closer their DNA look, and visa versa. This tells us that Evolution is how it happend and that god didn't create us.

Humans invented many things, but not in the way you speak of mabe. anyway Electricity, DNA, almoast Every thing can be explained and god is not in any of the explinations. man can say ofcorse that god invented the things to make electrisity like a lightnig by saying that god created the negative charge and the cloud it is in and the positively charged ground it seeks, but lets be reasonable.

I'm not talking about human/ape missing links nessesarily, there is found a fossils witch shows different species with the exact same jaw and we know we humans looked different outside and inside the futher back in times we go. Missing links does not have to be one species giving birth to a different species. It happens through evolution

Yes i meant General Motors, Ford and Chrysler:)

I don't think for a second that you lacks common sense and reason in general but i think in this topic maybe.. i don't know what you belive in, so i can't say.
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
19.08.2010 - 01:40
Ernis
狼獾
Written by RockeRoy on 19.08.2010 at 01:15

Fossils prove that the earth is over 6000 years witch the bible tells us if we do the math! and it tells us alot about evoltion.

If this is your conception then it is as primitive as I thought and in fact there is no point in having this conversation here at all. Do you really think that for instance I (or any other of us in this conversation) really believe that earth is LITERALLY 6000 years old and created in 7 days LITERALLY...

This tells us that Evolution is how it happend and that god didn't create us.

Oh yes? As I said... the numbers and patterns in DNA and in the structure of organisms are indeed present but, once again, does not go against God, vice versa, it even makes the existence of a creative force even more logic. It is said numbers were a gift from gods... a mean to understand the creation and the universe and the laws better... But of course... let's just stop here and say that NUMBERS WERE INVENTED BY HUMANS... just like that, bingo and we started using numbers!

And about the evolution of species into another species... How can anyone be sure species x can possibly become into species y. Via digivolving or pokévolving? Ever thought bout that? Mayb we here digivolve into some bog-bogeys in some thousands of years then?

Copulation with apes? I don't even wish to think... How can any person even start thinking of it... but please... we'll legalise gay marriages, we'll legalise incest, we'll legalise bestiality too... that's the free-minded atheist model society...

almoast Every thing can be explained and god is not in any of the explinations. man can say ofcorse that god invented the things to make electrisity like a lightnig by saying that god created the negative charge and the cloud it is in and the positively charged ground it seeks, but lets be reasonable.

Yes... it's completely reasonable... why is it NOT reasonable... is it less reasonable than saying "It's just like that... it just happened by accident... like oops and stuff... now we have the chemical elements and time and space and stuff... like oops... it just popped out and oops... it even works according to some logical system..."

Once again... if a person does not have ANY kind of conception of God nor universe other than the conception of a Santa Claus look-alike from some Bible-tale then it is impossible to continue with any kind of constructive discussion.

Btw... mind the spelling... it not K7 style, luckily, but is noticeable and does contribute to the image you leave...
19.08.2010 - 02:29
RockeRoy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If this is your conception then it is as primitive as I thought and in fact there is no point in having this conversation here at all. Do you really think that for instance I (or any other of us in this conversation) really believe that earth is LITERALLY 6000 years old and created in 7 days LITERALLY...

I don't know, alot of people takes that literally. and that is what the bible says isn't it?? how can it mean something else? no matter how big your lupe is, there can't be found anything beween the lines there.

This tells us that Evolution is how it happend and that god didn't create us.

Oh yes? As I said... the numbers and patterns in DNA and in the structure of organisms are indeed present but, once again, does not go against God, vice versa, it even makes the existence of a creative force even more logic. It is said numbers were a gift from gods... a mean to understand the creation and the universe and the laws better... But of course... let's just stop here and say that NUMBERS WERE INVENTED BY HUMANS... just like that, bingo and we started using numbers!

I don't know whos conception is primitive:)

And about the evolution of species into another species... How can anyone be sure species x can possibly become into species y. Via digivolving or pokévolving? Ever thought bout that? Mayb we here digivolve into some bog-bogeys in some thousands of years then?

Copulation with apes? I don't even wish to think... How can any person even start thinking of it... but please... we'll legalise gay marriages, we'll legalise incest, we'll legalise bestiality too... that's the free-minded atheist model society...

Your aginst gay mariage?? that is so primitive. And i have never heard an athist say he suports incest and bestality.. and if there are, it is not because he/here is an atheist.

almoast Every thing can be explained and god is not in any of the explinations. man can say ofcorse that god invented the things to make electrisity like a lightnig by saying that god created the negative charge and the cloud it is in and the positively charged ground it seeks, but lets be reasonable.

Yes... it's completely reasonable... why is it NOT reasonable... is it less reasonable than saying "It's just like that... it just happened by accident... like oops and stuff... now we have the chemical elements and time and space and stuff... like oops... it just popped out and oops... it even works according to some logical system..."

is i completely reasonable that god created those things?? or anyting..
there is no accident, have you seen a lightning on a hot summer day with no clouds in the sky? That wold be an accident.
again there are well known explinations to everything you say, but lets say it wasn't.. and i use your phrase and change the ending:"now we have the chemical elements and time and space and stuff... it has to be god who created it...." who created the creator?? is it like you put it.. like oops... it just poped out and oops...

Once again... if a person does not have ANY kind of conception of God nor universe other than the conception of a Santa Claus look-alike from some Bible-tale then it is impossible to continue with any kind of constructive discussion.

well i'm far from a guy with that conception, so go on:) I think it's imposible to have a discussion when faith is involved. so...

Btw... mind the spelling... it not K7 style, luckily, but is noticeable and does contribute to the image you leave...

Well i agree my english suck a little bit, but i think i make myself understood. That has to be quite an image i leave.. you bet:)
----

Walk with me in hell
19.08.2010 - 12:02
Ernis
狼獾
Written by RockeRoy on 19.08.2010 at 02:29

" who created the creator??

Hasn't it already been stated that this question is as idiotic as "what time was it when the universe was created?" or "where is space located?"...

You canNOT treat something outside your bubble as something that's inside your bubble. God is beyond time and space and beyond anything that is material. And good people don't even know about lots of things that are classified as material, not to speak of something that is not...

If a person throws anything that is beyond matter outside the window, then there can be no God for this person.
19.08.2010 - 14:27
RockeRoy

Written by Ernis on 19.08.2010 at 12:02

Written by RockeRoy on 19.08.2010 at 02:29

" who created the creator??

Hasn't it already been stated that this question is as idiotic as "what time was it when the universe was created?" or "where is space located?"...

You canNOT treat something outside your bubble as something that's inside your bubble. God is beyond time and space and beyond anything that is material. And good people don't even know about lots of things that are classified as material, not to speak of something that is not...

If a person throws anything that is beyond matter outside the window, then there can be no God for this person.

Who created the creator is a great question, well i have heard alot of arguments against mine, and i have used evidence to back it up, maybe not convincing enough for you, but i think they are rock solid. you have to show me some evidence for god, some teories you like ore whatever, because to say that god is beyond time, space and anything just sound too silly.
----

Walk with me in hell
19.08.2010 - 21:36
Ernis
狼獾
Written by RockeRoy on 19.08.2010 at 14:27

to say that god is beyond time, space and anything just sound too silly.

If this is the limit of how far you can think, then all right... nothing to comment on that any more...

You here have been throwing out all kinds of so called evidence that it is impossible for God to exist (now that sounds funny indeed)...
I haven't been doing anything similar. I've just been attempting to say that none of these evidences is "rock solid". God indeed is outside any human perception and one can never really perceive it fully until becoming one with God one day... That is why it's sort of idiotic to say things à la "whitebread is white... that proves that God doesn't exist... it's a rock solid argument."

If one sits inside a cupboard and only holds the items inside that cupboard possible and real and fervently denies anything that might be outside the cupboard then this is it...
And nobody is forcing anyone to think outside the cupboard... not that it'd make thinking outside the cupboard impossible or silly...
19.08.2010 - 22:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast

Who created the creator is a great question, well i have heard alot of arguments against mine, and i have used evidence to back it up, maybe not convincing enough for you, but i think they are rock solid. you have to show me some evidence for god, some teories you like ore whatever, because to say that god is beyond time, space and anything just sound too silly.

it is not silly at all. by definition a "God" doesn't exist in your or my world. it's like talking about a pyramid when considering a 2-dimensional space. you can only go left, right, up and down on a plain surface, but never above or below like in 3-dimensional space. thinking about a "God" is like being in a 2-dimensional space and trying to move above or below where you are.

try to move the pointer of your mouse on the screen to go beyond the screen surface.. that's going to end up as productive as every time arguments break out about whether or not "God" exists. and that is the exact same reason no-one can discuss the existence of a "God" in the context of this world, or looking for evidence for/against in our physical realm. if it does exist, this force can intervene now and then(what's to stop it after all?), but who's to say it's not doing so through some of the laws we don't yet fully understand yet classify as "natural"? what if THIS is God's hand? what if he doesn't exist at all? the question is open to every possible answer.

hell, if someone was to believe in Valar or Odin as the supreme beings, if you don't touch the realm of science and what we know as of yet about this universe, then that person is as right as any of us are(atheists, christians, muslims etc.) when it comes to deity existence. that still doesn't give anyone a right to force-feed beliefs down people's throats when it comes to deities or especially religion.

i think the God debate is a little beyond any of us (by "us" i mean all 7 billion people on Earth), at least for now.
21.08.2010 - 19:53
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RockeRoy on 18.08.2010 at 22:09

Ok i'm sorry i just wrote my whole answer to ErnilEnNaur post, and posted it, but i left out something so i removed it, and when i pushed control+c it was lost. And i have to go now, so i answer later on. but just to answer WHAT evidence i mean Fossils, Dna and missing links to mention the big three or whatever... i expect that you know about these, but these are not cvalified evidence in your opinion, right? it's a lot of people who cheers that opinion with you. What would be evidence good enough for you all, since we can't proove anything 100%?? the last 1% prosent is called common sense and reason!

You're talking about discoveries that can be interpreted as evidence against creation myths. None of it has anything to do with disproving God. For science to kill the concept of God, the concept would have to be a scientific one, but it isn't. It's a philosophical concept, which science absolutely can not touch. You might just as well try and destroy a scientific theory with philosophy.

There is also no common sense reason to state materialism as if it was a dogmatically established truth.
21.08.2010 - 20:01
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted

Who created the creator is a great question

The question who created the creator is a contradiction in terms. The creator we're positing is incapable of not existing, otherwise he/she/it would not be called "creator".
23.08.2010 - 16:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 19.08.2010 at 22:39

it is not silly at all. by definition a "God" doesn't exist in your or my world. it's like talking about a pyramid when considering a 2-dimensional space. you can only go left, right, up and down on a plain surface, but never above or below like in 3-dimensional space. thinking about a "God" is like being in a 2-dimensional space and trying to move above or below where you are.

try to move the pointer of your mouse on the screen to go beyond the screen surface.. that's going to end up as productive as every time arguments break out about whether or not "God" exists. and that is the exact same reason no-one can discuss the existence of a "God" in the context of this world, or looking for evidence for/against in our physical realm. if it does exist, this force can intervene now and then(what's to stop it after all?), but who's to say it's not doing so through some of the laws we don't yet fully understand yet classify as "natural"? what if THIS is God's hand? what if he doesn't exist at all? the question is open to every possible answer.

hell, if someone was to believe in Valar or Odin as the supreme beings, if you don't touch the realm of science and what we know as of yet about this universe, then that person is as right as any of us are(atheists, christians, muslims etc.) when it comes to deity existence. that still doesn't give anyone a right to force-feed beliefs down people's throats when it comes to deities or especially religion.

i think the God debate is a little beyond any of us (by "us" i mean all 7 billion people on Earth), at least for now.

I agree with you. But it has to be said that in a 2 dimensinal world you can only go left or right, NOT up or down. Up or down will leave the dimension and creates a third dimension. 2D means only an x and y axis, leaving that plane one will have to create a z axis. HOWEVER, 3 dimensions can be implied in a 2 dminsional one, just as although we live in a 3 dminesional world we do know the concept of 4 dimensions, the 4th dimension being time.
Btw a great book about 2 dimensions is a novel called Flatland.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996