Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Nergal Diagnosed With A Serious Illness

Original news, published on 08.08.2010

Earlier today Behemoth frontman Adam Darski, aka Nergal, was brought to the hospital in Gdansk, Poland. He was diagnosed with a serious illness, the nature of which hasn't yet been revealed. He was admitted to the hematology ward, which indicates a blood disorder of some sort. Understandably, Behemoth had to cancel all the upcoming shows this year.

In a statement on the band's website, Nergal wrote the following (translated by Google): "I do not want to bore you with details, but I can no longer hide the fact that I am seriously ill and waiting for my multi-stage treatment, which can take up to several months. Thus, we cancel the coming summer festivals, the tour of Russia and the Baltic States planned for September and October, and the November tour of the USA.

I know that this is not the best news for you, but health is important. I've got a rather difficult period, and a lot of work, but steel becomes hardened in the fire, isn't it? You know me, so that you know that I'll get out of this stronger than ever. Then all the concerts also will go ahead as plan. At this time, I feel good, my head is focused to fight the disease, everything is under control by professionals. I have with me the most wonderful and loving woman, family, team, managers and people from publishing companies who are doing everything to support me. I do not ask you for more than just a little bit of patience. I would add that the fact that in the near future we will not be touring does not mean that Behemoth gets into hibernation. We have a lot to offer you in the coming months, Behemoth will work on many other fronts."

More news as we get it.

UPDATE

Metal Underground is reporting that the Behemoth mastermind has been diagnosed with leukemia. Further, it's also being reported by the Polish celeb website TVP that it has advanced past the point where chemotherapy would be an effective form of treatment and Darski will need a bone marrow transplant. His awesome fiance Doda has donated marrow to see if she is a match.

Source: gazeta.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 25.08.2010 by daniell_p

Comments page 4 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 114   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 810 users
25.08.2010 - 01:23
prelude2tragedy

Bummer. Lets hope he gets a match soon enough.
25.08.2010 - 02:33
Thrash666

Shit sucks. Hope nothing but the best for Nergal. Get better!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
25.08.2010 - 04:12
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
What the hell is this? Infect Metal Year?
Best wishes to Nergal.
25.08.2010 - 04:47
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
He is freaking Nergal! I hope he will get better, if he is as strong as his voice, then surely he will be able to defeat his disease. Fight on Adam!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.08.2010 - 05:54
Necrodamus

Get better soon Nergal. It would suck to lose another amazing and talented musician this year.
25.08.2010 - 08:19
skrätte
I Hate You
Best of luck to Nergal.. and massive props to his fiance for donating the marrow on the chance that it will be compatible. Bone marrow extraction is a painful, painful ordeal. Let's hope it works.
----
25.08.2010 - 08:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol "his awesome fiance has donated marrow"

anyway i guess if he finds a match(he could even ask behemoth fans on the web) it should be fine.
25.08.2010 - 11:13
Slyfang

Written by Bad English on 25.08.2010 at 00:16

Just like his life and his songs .... he wrote in songs his own life

yeah, Nergal's average day starts by commanding his legion of slaves from the golden babylonian throne ov Hammurabi, continues with a ritual sacrifice of cherubs and ends with unholy communion dedicated to Marduk and Ishtar

this is metal, not country music, nobody writes about their life in songs
25.08.2010 - 12:03
YoreLore

Written by Slyfang on 25.08.2010 at 11:13

yeah, Nergal's average day starts by commanding his legion of slaves from the golden babylonian throne ov Hammurabi, continues with a ritual sacrifice of cherubs and ends with unholy communion dedicated to Marduk and Ishtar

What a misguided quote.
Have you never heard of metaphors or analogies?
Many write about their lives in song
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
25.08.2010 - 13:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

What goes around, comes around
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.08.2010 - 16:28
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I hope he finds a matching donor. Best of luck.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
25.08.2010 - 19:04
Anjana(SriLanka)

Nergal has the strength to defeat the leukemia .. He will survive .. no doubt about it!
25.08.2010 - 21:07
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Guys... this is really bad. Leukemia is a really serious disease and the survival rates are under 20% on average.

On the other hand there are people who survive this disease. In fact I personally know someone who had Leukemia and she made a full 100% recovery and runs multiple marathons every year. She also had to get the bone marrow transplant along with various other treatments and she made it.
Lets hope Adam can do the same.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
25.08.2010 - 22:01
Bizzaremifo

Hopefully Nargal will be back soon. Best wishes bro !
26.08.2010 - 07:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I hate to say this, but I'm glad Nergal doesn't have to go through chemotherepy because....

...he would look like a conehead.
26.08.2010 - 09:42
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I just hope he can overcome this difficulty..... though i know that it is difficult...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.08.2010 - 11:45
Noekkk

This is sad news, Nergal will die, rest in peace Nergal, we will remember you in our heart.
----
Night...
Long...
Obscured...
26.08.2010 - 14:04
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Noekkk: Are you kidding?! Nergal IS alive and hopefully, will find a suitable donor. Best of luck, man!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
26.08.2010 - 15:31
SatanicVictory

Sounds like hes outa action for a while to come.
----
The Christ Haters and Kings of Blasphemy EVIL INCARNATE Blackend DM Mayhem www.myspace.com/evilincarnatekult
26.08.2010 - 16:16
Dark Doom

Evil force will help to overcome the illness and hopefully he will growling again
26.08.2010 - 16:26
Slyfang

Written by YoreLore on 25.08.2010 at 12:03

What a misguided quote.
Have you never heard of metaphors or analogies?
Many write about their lives in song

oh no doubt some people actually do that, but generally in metal, no. the typical metal musician is an escapist introvert who tries to direct the focus away from themselves onto an image, the band or the music itself. rock music is what's extraverted and vocalist-centric

by the way i'm sure you meant allegory instead of metaphors. they write some type of stories often inspired by real life events without exposing themselves. maybe it's just me, but i fail to believe that for example doom metallers really feel their life is a 24/7 abyss of bereavement so much as they simply love the atmosphere of gloom in music. just like death metallers aren't psychopaths and thrash metallers aren't political activists.

i hope i made my point clear enough
26.08.2010 - 16:26
Slyfang

Written by Bad English on 25.08.2010 at 13:03

What goes around, comes around

do you ever make sense?
01.09.2010 - 15:54
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Good luck to him.
05.11.2010 - 02:25
.Nemesis.

I was obsessed with Behemoth a while back and my friend told me "The lead singer of Behemoth has leukemia". Just like that. I was in shock, sort of like the Nirvana fans when Kurt Cobain died.

-every time you masturbate, a bunch of maggots fuck eachother-
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.

Hits total: 26544 | This month: 23