Metal Storm logo
Hibria

21.08.2006 - 23:20
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Brazillian band Hibria burst onto the scene last year and took no prisoners. Their album "Defying the Rules" is such a refreshing offering of good ole HEAVY METAL. Each band member seems at the top of their game on this disc which features catchy melodies, speed and energy, drum solos, bass-lead songs, killer guitar solos, and a soaring vocalist. Nearly every metalhead I've ever spoke with about Hibria (or metal forums I've perused) has only positive things to say about their album. They're just that lovable kind of classic metal, but with a modern breath of life.

Welcome Hibria fans!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
24.09.2006 - 08:41
Xeolord
Account deleted
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

No replies? Come on! So far, if Hibria puts out anything even CLOSE to their debut album, well they'll be heading to the top of my favorites list VERY fast. They really remind me of Racer X also. Basically, they're tradional metal with the overdose of Power Metal speed, and engaging solo's that remind me of Gamma Ray. What more could you want?

Definitely one of the best bands out there. Their debut is not to be missed.
11.10.2006 - 04:16
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Lyrinan is a witness of my efforts to make Hibria have it's profile active, here at Metal Storm!
One of these days I had sent a biography to the band and I don't know why it wasn't accepted!

To see Hibria's profile follow the link:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=657
----
Last.fm
18.10.2006 - 02:32
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Good news!
Now Hibria's Profile is active!
----
Last.fm
02.11.2006 - 21:36
Acid_
Account deleted
Hibria is one of the BEST power/melodic metal band on the woorrlldd, and the best of Brazil, i've no doubt about this.

New Hibria's album is coming out, let's see another excelent album guyz!!!
03.11.2006 - 02:53
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Ive only heard Steel Lord On Wheels, an azming song (thanks to Lyrinan). I need to find more.
21.05.2007 - 19:56
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Just dicoverd this band a week or so ago...and damn what a shame that I haven't heard about them before. They are really good. Good solid heavy metal
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.03.2009 - 08:55
Derwood
Just discovered this band. I have just finished listening to Defying the Rules in its entirety. I haven't been this impressed by my first listen to a band for a very long time.

I used to say I play bass. After hearing these guys, all I can claim is to be a hack. Amazing musicianship. Can't wait to track down the new album.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
08.03.2009 - 18:29
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I haven't heard their newest album yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll like it when I find it
----

11.03.2009 - 21:45
Saitenhexerin
Oh yeah, a Hibria Thread!
What a great band, hope they'll come out big here in Europe as well!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
11.03.2009 - 21:46
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Saitenhexerin on 11.03.2009 at 21:45

Oh yeah, a Hibria Thread!
What a great band, hope they'll come out big here in Europe as well!

Yes that would be nice. A tour surpporting someone would be grand
----

20.02.2010 - 01:10
JÄY
Metal slave
What the hell happened to these guys...seems like everyone heard defying the rules....then nothing about the new album....im just so curious
20.02.2010 - 19:53
MeTalRea|istiK
Defying the rules is so MARVELOUS..so nobody want to talk bout latest one..i think so..
20.02.2010 - 20:15
Inlé
Defying the rules is generic but good, and really, really catchy. The newer one is kind of boring. I can see why the hype rides on the first.
20.02.2010 - 20:24
MeTalRea|istiK
Written by Inlé on 20.02.2010 at 20:15

Defying the rules is generic but good, and really, really catchy. The newer one is kind of boring. I can see why the hype rides on the first.

100% agree!!