Metal Storm logo
The Injury Thread

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 09.08.2010 - 21:06
I was thinking about this thread after recently breaking my left wrist and right collarbone, while racing my dirtbike in Minnesota, i was wondering have you ever broken a bone or have had some type of injury, if so tell us how it happened! and how long you were/are out.
15.08.2010 - 11:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I broke my hands a lot of times, always happened playing basketball or football. not knowing what to do, i always went to the emergency room and those guys, (not knowing what to do either haha) put me in casts.

my earliest memory is also me being in a hospital bed with my leg(i think it was my right leg) in cast back when i was 2 or something.

also, back in high school, the class idiot threw a corn cobb at my face (yeah, go figure it out) and now my nose has a bump halfway through. damn i should have kicked that guy's ass

Written by Irritable Ted on 10.08.2010 at 10:53

I broke my back, coccyx to be exact.

that's not breaking your back, that's pretty much breaking your ASS ahahhahahh
16.08.2010 - 10:35
SerratedSyringe

I have abnormally thick bones, so the only (confirmed) one I've broken was my collar bone in 7th grade.

I have had countless incidents of road-rash from my BMX days though. In fact, I'd say about 20% of my skin is scar tissue!

I've been directly responsible for about four broken bones and a few cases of stitches on other people, however.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
08.01.2011 - 13:01
JD
Account deleted
My leg broke once but it wasn't that bad one month then i healed, and if it's only bone injury once one of my teeth broke, and i pulled 2 of my "Wisdom" teeth, but i guess it doesn't count
09.01.2011 - 22:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm always breaking my ankles and legs because of all the dancing...
10.01.2011 - 00:12
Kitty

Ummm... Well, it's kinda like that:
11 y/o - Broken hand.
13 y/o - Broken jaw.
14 y/o - 3 broken ribs, and a broken jaw AGAIN.
16 y/o - Broken ankle.

That's it for now with broken bones.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
10.01.2011 - 02:54
I_Die_Often

Someone at work stabbed me (accidentally) cutting three tendons, another guy sliced my arm at work (accidentally), carpel tunnel from work and fishing tournaments. Damaged discs in my back. Self inflicted stab wound to the leg (nerve damage, I almost fall over some times due to it...) Chipped my jaw (pieces of bone came out over the next 10 yrs) Chipped the bone in my ring finger. Several gashes on forehead and... down there...
Then there's the eyes, cataract surgery in both followed by major retinal detachment surgery in both, THEN laser in both to remove growth over the lens implants!
Never really broke anything... but I keep trying!!!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
10.01.2011 - 03:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by I_Die_Often on 10.01.2011 at 02:54

Someone at work stabbed me (accidentally) cutting three tendons, another guy sliced my arm at work (accidentally), carpel tunnel from work and fishing tournaments. Damaged discs in my back. Self inflicted stab wound to the leg (nerve damage, I almost fall over some times due to it...) Chipped my jaw (pieces of bone came out over the next 10 yrs) Chipped the bone in my ring finger. Several gashes on forehead and... down there...
Then there's the eyes, cataract surgery in both followed by major retinal detachment surgery in both, THEN laser in both to remove growth over the lens implants!

where are you working?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.01.2011 - 03:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kitty on 10.01.2011 at 00:12

11 y/o - Broken hand.
13 y/o - Broken jaw.
16 y/o - Broken ankle.

Can you eat? i mean how ppl can eat after broke jaw, can you bite
How long it takes to cure it?

Sorry for asking
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.01.2011 - 04:00
I_Die_Often

Written by Bad English on 10.01.2011 at 03:29

Written by I_Die_Often on 10.01.2011 at 02:54

where are you working?

I used to work in our metal fabrication area, but now I'm a department manager, so I might get stabbed with a pen now!
But it's not all work related.
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
10.01.2011 - 07:03
Kitty

Written by Bad English on 10.01.2011 at 03:30

11 y/o - Broken hand.
13 y/o - Broken jaw.
16 y/o - Broken ankle.

Can you eat? i mean how ppl can eat after broke jaw, can you bite
How long it takes to cure it?

Sorry for asking

Lol it depends on how and when you treat it, it took mine like 2 months till I could eat properly again. On both times.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
10.01.2011 - 15:12
JD
Account deleted

11 y/o - Broken hand.
13 y/o - Broken jaw.
16 y/o - Broken ankle.

And that's too much broken bones for a girl, if you ask me
10.01.2011 - 19:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ive only seriously hurt myself three times.

I shredded both my hands by falling into a pile of broken glass from bottles Id dropped as a child. Broke my arm while in school, and spilt my head open when I was 19.

All other injuries sustained were inflicted by other people.
10.01.2011 - 21:11
Kitty

Written by Guest on 10.01.2011 at 15:12

11 y/o - Broken hand.
13 y/o - Broken jaw.
16 y/o - Broken ankle.

And that's too much broken bones for a girl, if you ask me

And I still look awesome, if you ask me
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
11.01.2011 - 11:10
JD
Account deleted
Written by Kitty on 10.01.2011 at 21:11

And I still look awesome, if you ask me

Sure you do
11.01.2011 - 11:12
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.01.2011 at 19:21

Ive only seriously hurt myself three times.

I shredded both my hands by falling into a pile of broken glass from bottles Id dropped as a child. Broke my arm while in school, and spilt my head open when I was 19.

All other injuries sustained were inflicted by other people.

Grrrrrr i like scars if you ask me
11.01.2011 - 11:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 11.01.2011 at 11:12
Grrrrrr i like scars if you ask me

I looked terrible enough even before all the scarring. They just make me look even worse than I originally did. Most people think that scars can look attractive on men, even facial scars. But Its not the same for women sadly. lol
11.01.2011 - 11:30
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.01.2011 at 11:25

I looked terrible enough even before all the scarring. They just make me look even worse than I originally did. Most people think that scars can look attractive on men, even facial scars. But Its not the same for women sadly. lol

Well i'm weird and i like scars on women, deal with it btw i have a cigarette scar on my hand for 6 years ago.
11.01.2011 - 11:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 11.01.2011 at 11:30
Well i'm weird and i like scars on women, deal with it btw i have a cigarette scar on my hand for 6 years ago.

You like scars on women? Hmm... well I wasnt attractive before, but I guess someone might still like me, you cant be the only one who likes them.

How did you get a cigarette scar at 6? Did you just pick it up and burn yourself with it?
11.01.2011 - 14:18
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.01.2011 at 11:39

You like scars on women? Hmm... well I wasnt attractive before, but I guess someone might still like me, you cant be the only one who likes them.

How did you get a cigarette scar at 6? Did you just pick it up and burn yourself with it?

Yes i do, i know am not the only one who likes scars on chicks but we are rare xD,

i meant 6 years ago asshole put his cigarette on my hand at school.
11.01.2011 - 15:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 11.01.2011 at 14:18
Yes i do, i know am not the only one who likes scars on chicks but we are rare xD,

i meant 6 years ago asshole put his cigarette on my hand at school.

Yep, you are rare... lol Still gives me very slight hope though. xD

Oh... sorry, I misunderstood you. School was a nightmare for me, I was so glad when I was able to leave.
11.01.2011 - 16:50
JD
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.01.2011 at 15:17

Yep, you are rare... lol Still gives me very slight hope though. xD

I know xD
11.01.2011 - 19:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 11.01.2011 at 16:50
I know xD

Hehe, thats not a bad thing.
11.01.2011 - 19:50
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I broke almost every finger on my right hand on separate occasions, my hand looks weird now as not all fingers got healed correctly.. so, yeah, that's one freaky hand !!
i also broke my wrist (right) , my left leg , and my nose.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
11.01.2011 - 19:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zombie on 11.01.2011 at 19:50

I broke almost every finger on my right hand on separate occasions, my hand looks weird now as not all fingers got healed correctly.. so, yeah, that's one freaky hand !!

On seperate occasions? :O What have you been doing that you keep breaking fingers?
Freaky? Yeah well, it certainly hasnt prevented you from being a pretty great guitar player. hehe

With all the bones you've broken, Im thinking maybe at one point you did skateboarding, or something like that... am I right, or way off the mark?
11.01.2011 - 19:59
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Lol nah i broke the fingers on my right hand, so now i only hold the guitar pick in a weird way but it doesnt affect the playing ... but i broke them either playing sports or in fights. I get into alot of fights.. and i always end up with a broken finger or two ... i guess i need to learn how to punch correctly lol
----

11.01.2011 - 20:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zombie on 11.01.2011 at 19:59

Lol nah i broke the fingers on my right hand, so now i only hold the guitar pick in a weird way but it doesnt affect the playing ... but i broke them either playing sports or in fights. I get into alot of fights.. and i always end up with a broken finger or two ... i guess i need to learn how to punch correctly lol

Well, Marty Friedman holds the pick in a weird way, and he plays awesome. hehe

I thought sports might figure into it somewhere, but... if you're breaking fingers in fights from punching, you must punch pretty hard. Ive never been so much in fights, as just "being hit".
11.01.2011 - 23:41
ANGEL REAPER

I broke my right hand on two places in last august...I fully recovered after 45 days ...It didn't hurt ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.01.2011 - 23:42
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Zombie on 11.01.2011 at 19:50

WOW man looks like your bones aren't so strong!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.01.2011 - 23:51
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Yep, didnt drink alot of milk as a kid
----

13.01.2011 - 03:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh I just remembered something...I fell 15 feet in February 2007 and my head received a lot of trauma...what was I talking about again? I forget...who are you people?