Metal Storm logo
Queensrÿche - Empire 20th Anniversary Edition

Queensrÿche has partnered with Capitol/EMI for the September 14 September 28 release of an expanded 20th Anniversary Edition of the band's triple platinum-certified breakout album, Empire.

The new 2-CD and digital packages both include the remastered album, featuring six hit singles, including the #1 smash "Silent Lucidity," as well as 13 bonus tracks, among them 10 previously unreleased live performances recorded in 1990 at London's Hammersmith Odeon. The 2-CD package is presented in a lift-top box with five postcards, a fold-out poster and a booklet featuring rare photos from the band's personal archive, as pictured here.

After building a devoted fan base with album and EP releases throughout the 1980's, including 1988's critically acclaimed Operation: Mindcrime, Queensrÿche broke into the mainstream across North America and abroad with the 1990 release of Empire. In the U.S., the album peaked at #7 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and its hit ballad "Silent Lucidity" quickly became a heavy rotation staple at rock radio and on MTV, topping Billboard's Modern Rock singles chart and earning Queensrÿche the coveted MTV Viewers Choice Award for the song's music video. Empire also made the U.K.'s Top 10, and the album's international success led to Queensrÿche's 18-month headlining "Building Empires" world tour, the band's longest trek to date.

Empire (20th Anniversary Edition) [cover art] tracklist:

01. Best I Can
02. The Thin Line
03. Jet City Woman
04. Della Brown
05. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
06. Empire
07. Resistance
08. Silent Lucidity
09. Hand On Heart
10. One And Only
11. Anybody Listening?
12. Last Time In Paris [bonus]
13. Scarborough Fair [bonus]
14. Dirty Lil Secret [bonus]

Bonus disc: Live at London's Hammersmith Odeon 11/15/90

01. Resistance
02. Walk in the Shadows
03. Best I Can
04. Empire
05. The Thin Line
06. Jet City Woman
07. Roads To Madness
08. Silent Lucidity
09. Hand On Heart
10. Take Hold Of The Flame

Source: queensryche.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche
Posted: 11.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 49 users
11.08.2010 - 14:23
dodstink

Although I heard them since ´95 I didn´t listen them yet. Melodic but well played, great structures of guitar/bass.
11.08.2010 - 15:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Must have this one!
----
12.08.2010 - 06:32
DoomGuard

They needa do a tour of the Empire album
12.08.2010 - 12:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hmm... I dont think there's really any need to buy this if you already own the album, unless you're a Queensryche completist. It'd be nice to have, but I won't be shelling out for it.

Hits total: 2577 | This month: 3