Metal Storm logo
Will You Teach Me to Metal?

13.08.2010 - 12:36
Perseverance
Account deleted
Do to popular demand I have re posted this topic. Remember this is to enlighten Nubs like me on metal. Not Lady Gaga.

Give your tips on things that are metal or things that you do that are metal.

Basically, state what is "metal" in your opinion.

The idea is to teach the newbies to be metal.

I can't explain any better.
13.08.2010 - 12:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 13.08.2010 at 12:36

Do to popular demand I have re posted this topic. Remember this is to enlighten Nubs like me on metal. Not Lady Gaga.

Please read my post in this topic. I have already told you twice to rethink your opening post. What is this topic about, what is 'to metal' (which is, honestly, nothing), where are you going with this topic? What do you desire of the topic?

And finally, what is the added value of this topic to the forum? If you fail to make it clear, it will get deleted. Also, referencing to your previous version of this topic is not a smart idea, since only the select group of people that posted in the other topic will know what you're talking about.

I've already told you this twice, this is the third (and final) time. Please re-work your opining post or this topic will be deleted.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.08.2010 - 12:59
FOOCK Nam
You must explain more from the topic declarating post or joinees dont understand.

To metal ? Wear black or not light color stuff or your scary stuff, listen to metal by headphone loud volume everyday, hate people and oppose them , be sarcastic, be extreme, rebel everywhere you go, go with heart, heart of metal listener, bored of metal then change to the different form of loud (optional) music (no kidding, somewhat personal p.o.v) for a time, read and research religion then bashing it, consider Manowar cliche but like their music (perosnal p.o.v), when thinking about chicks always having screwing thought, be brutal,..be scary...blah lol, to metal for life, not life for metal.
13.08.2010 - 15:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
If you do most of what Psychopath tells you I don't imagine you'll be evolving from a "nub" (thought it was noob/newb) anytime soon.

There is no "to be metal". Listen to whatever music you like and just go about your life the way you want. That's literally the most "metal" thing you can do.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2010 - 16:53
vezzy
Stallmanite
Have to agree with Troy. Listen to your music, wear a band t-shirt if you really feel the need to, go to concerts if you can afford it or if you even get any worthwhile ones and think Psychopath is an id-... that's it.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
13.08.2010 - 18:27
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Lucas on 13.08.2010 at 12:46

Please read my post in this topic. I have already told you twice to rethink your opening post. What is this topic about, what is 'to metal' (which is, honestly, nothing), where are you going with this topic? What do you desire of the topic?

And finally, what is the added value of this topic to the forum? If you fail to make it clear, it will get deleted. Also, referencing to your previous version of this topic is not a smart idea, since only the select group of people that posted in the other topic will know what you're talking about.

I've already told you this twice, this is the third (and final) time. Please re-work your opining post or this topic will be deleted.

Couldn't all this be discussed on topics like Why do you like metal?, When and how did you start listening to metal?, That's SO Metal or even That's so NOT Metal?
Somehow, I can't avoid to think this thread is a rulebook for the person who opened the thread to "learn how to be metal" himself... which is actually stupid (no disrespect).
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
13.08.2010 - 20:16
FOOCK Nam
No, it is not a rule, only just both fun mixing serious, what threads you mention is like to live-for-metal blah stuff...here is like what infuence the music turn you act or behave...at least in metalhead life, or leastly what I mean in my post.
13.08.2010 - 22:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lol you cant tecah metal, because people who are not metalheads and be teached be metal, be 100 % posers, true metalhead cames from heart, be metalhead and dig all him self!!! its all what I gonna say, nobody didnt teach me metal, I have no idols there so Im me, my self and nobody alse
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.08.2010 - 23:18
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 13.08.2010 at 22:53

Lol you cant tecah metal, because people who are not metalheads and be teached be metal, be 100 % posers, true metalhead cames from heart, be metalhead and dig all him self!!! its all what I gonna say, nobody didnt teach me metal, I have no idols there so Im me, my self and nobody alse

Nice. how did you discover doom stuff and are there many doom fans in Latvia...?
13.08.2010 - 23:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 13.08.2010 at 23:18

Nice. how did you discover doom stuff and are there many doom fans in Latvia...?

I use to have friend, he's not metal anymore(If I can I kill his wife who band him from it)he's older he likes doom, but I just discovere doom-metal.com long ago and so it starts my journey into doom.
Doom there maybe 1% of metalheads who likes doom
----

apos;'
[image]
13.08.2010 - 23:30
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 13.08.2010 at 23:24

Written by FOOCK Nam on 13.08.2010 at 23:18

I use to have friend, he's not metal anymore(If I can I kill his wife who band him from it)he's older he likes doom, but I just discovere doom-metal.com long ago and so it starts my journey into doom.
Doom there maybe 1% of metalheads who likes doom

You really such single doom fan there. What was your first doom band ? In my place or country maybe only few people go beyond knowing funeral doom.
13.08.2010 - 23:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont remeber 1th one MDB, Paradise Lost, Winter, you know going true all doom bands, also Candlemass, also MDB, PL, Candlemass vids in metalshows n mtv beck in early 90's
----

apos;'
[image]
14.08.2010 - 05:41
Perseverance
Account deleted
Well Bad English you English is bad as hail, but it's not your main language so I can't expect much. As for Will You Teach Me to Metal, it's more about what things out there you see are metal and in respect enlightened you on the subject, or got you into the scene. But I have to agree with Tulkas, now that I have thought it through this thread is very similar to other previous threads. As for Troy, I re posted it not because Psycho told me, I re posted the thread because I realized that deleting a thread because I didn't like where it was going is very assholish.
14.08.2010 - 10:55
Kennoth
Convos between BE and Psychopath are mind numbing.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
14.08.2010 - 13:11
FOOCK Nam
Written by Kennoth on 14.08.2010 at 10:55

Convos between BE and Psychopath are mind numbing.

Oops, . So, what would you do to metal ?

@Perseverance: I think this thread is bitly more serious/extreme... than the other threads mentioned above which are just for fun. Could be I have good grade
14.08.2010 - 19:19
ForeverDarkWoods
Let these people teach you how to metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3uvf0cn0jo
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
08.10.2010 - 07:37
Guib
Thrash Talker
Rule 101 to be ''METAL''

1. Wake up with a beer...
2. Eat your breakfast ... With a beer ...
3. Smoke a blunt ... While enjoying a cold beer
4. Never Waste a beer
5. Did I told you... Drink beer
6. Listen to Metal
7. The last word in your post must be...
BEER
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
17.10.2010 - 16:09
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Guib on 08.10.2010 at 07:37

Rule 101 to be ''METAL''

4. Never Waste a beer
6. Listen to Metal
BEER

its not a kind of barbarian lifstyle imo, its just music taste, live your life and enjoy every kind of music you may like
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
22.10.2010 - 11:44
akvan
Written by Varegan on 17.10.2010 at 16:09

Written by Guib on 08.10.2010 at 07:37

Rule 101 to be ''METAL''

4. Never Waste a beer
6. Listen to Metal
BEER

its not a kind of barbarian lifstyle imo, its just music taste, live your life and enjoy every kind of music you may like

I agree whit you
----
Think about it . Every generation gets some new frontier to tackle . Einstein got relativity , The Nasa cowboys got the moon . All the easy stuff is taken , Artificial consciousness is the next frontier !
22.10.2010 - 22:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Varegan on 17.10.2010 at 16:09

heh, seems so hard to understand for too many people :
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
23.10.2010 - 04:56
whatsacow
Imo, the cliche's of metal are the most unmetal things of all.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
22.05.2012 - 16:07

Good point.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
22.05.2012 - 16:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infernal Eternal on 22.05.2012 at 16:07

Good point.

But you can have advice suggestion but if you like band because other like it and you have doubts about how good is band but its sortha cool to listen it dont do it its posing, I dont read rewiew I hardly read rewiews in magazines and non i net same in MS no sorry guys no offense but for example Accept - Stallingrad
A says wow old schoo l good bla bla
bv says what a crap
what is point of reading I need hera my self !!!!
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2012 - 18:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by whatsacow on 23.10.2010 at 04:56

Imo, the cliche's of metal are the most unmetal things of all.

Yup,

Excuse me while I go burn a church down and carve pentagrams into my wrists.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.05.2012 - 19:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.05.2012 at 18:32

These aren't even cliches anymore... you're like 15 years too late.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.05.2012 - 21:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.05.2012 at 19:23

Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.05.2012 at 18:32

These aren't even cliches anymore... you're like 15 years too late.

Well uh... That's as far as I've gotten.

What are some modern day cliches?
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.05.2012 - 21:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.05.2012 at 21:24
What are some modern day cliches?

Shit like this:
----
22.05.2012 - 21:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.05.2012 at 21:31

Shit like this:

hhheeeehhhh...

Some peole are a general disappointment.

I myself look like I love dubstep and Hanson, however it's quite the opposite. The only way you can really tell that i listen to metal is by one of my band shirts, or if you hear the music from my headphones. I could see how this was important in the 80's when the scene was just emerging, but it really doesn't matter now.

Case in point, is another kid in my grade, long hair, black shirts, swears like a sailor. He's like the ultimate walking cliche. And he walks around saying stuff liek "Hail Satan!" and really puts the rest of us (2 or 3) under a bad name.

But that's enough ranting.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS