Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Video Of 'The Other New Song' Posted Online

During their headlining appearance on August 15 at Seoul Olympic Main Stadium in Seoul, South Korea, American Thrashers Metallica have played a second new song, tentatively dubbed as "The Other New Song". Click here.

Otherwise, a high quality video of Metallica performing the first new song as part of their recently completed "Escape From The Studio '06" European tour has been posted online at YouTube.com.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 22.08.2006 by Døc

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 10 users
22.08.2006 - 14:30
maddog
Account deleted
bullshit
22.08.2006 - 14:43
NoRb3
Account deleted
It sounds like song from Load\Reload...I dont like the "wwoowowow yea yea"...
22.08.2006 - 14:59
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Are you sure that it is Metallica ?

Because I'm quite sure that it is Blink 182 actually :

They will have to stop this masquerade asap...
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
22.08.2006 - 15:34
SeekTheDarkNess
Account deleted
Metallica! come on dudes, u can do beter than that
22.08.2006 - 15:48
Der Meister
Account deleted
New song #1 was a lot better! I agree with NoRb3 about the Loadishness.
22.08.2006 - 15:49
X-FrEaK

it stinks :|
----
22.08.2006 - 17:20
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Sounds like the Misfits... at least better than St. Crap. And the solo is cool, but well, all his solos sound the same
22.08.2006 - 19:49
gid

Ugh. It really does sound like pop punk. Not my thing at all. But fair enough, if they want this to be their musical direction then fine.

There's just no flow to the song though. It sounds like a few riffs have been stuck together without any thought about song structure.
22.08.2006 - 21:21
Damnated
Churchburner
'The New Song' is a decent one, acept when the vocals kick in: that part is horrible. James totally lost his majestic voice. I don't remember, though, hearing a double bass drum this clean in a Metallica song though. It's something new and good.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.08.2006 - 23:43
Baz Anderson

well I dont think I am even going to bother with the new album now. I prefer St. Anger to this

I just cant understand how they can sit there writing songs though and think "yeh - this would make a good song..."
23.08.2006 - 01:17
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
A good approach to Kill 'Em All I would call this; the song is very Punkish with those fast leads kicking early and past the middle of the song (like the old formula). The way James' voice has changed from what it used to be is something that we all know and that I have mentioned before so it shouldn't come as a surprise. And yes NoRb3, that part kind of sucks and is what really takes the shine off the song there.
----
Christless
23.08.2006 - 20:26
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
...and by the way: such a cute Korean girl shown at the beginning of the video. The guy or chick who did the editing receives some props from me.
----
Christless
23.08.2006 - 20:38
Bas
Retired Staff
the other new song is absolute and utter crap, every single good charlotte song sounds better imho, so it really is very bad, just as bad as st. anger, but in a different way, as for the first new song, here it sounds quite decent actually...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
27.08.2006 - 17:25
DLMokoma
Account deleted
haha. this sounds like a misfits-tribute or something like that. too bad they didn't put this on Garage Inc, it would have fit perfectly there. doesn't really sound Metallica.
01.10.2006 - 00:05
Pianoman
Account deleted
For me the song is great. It sounds more like Load/Reload and for me thats good.
27.10.2006 - 00:01
jadawal

Probably the worst Metallica song I have ever heard, way worse then St. Anger. I couldn't even watch/listen to the whole thing, absolute garbage punk/pop that sounds like papa roach or like....yeah blink 182 as someone said above. Two thumbs way down, way way down.
13.01.2007 - 03:04
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
The first new song is actualy pretty good, and I think it'll song much better on the music video:D. As for this second, it sucks even more then St. Anger! At least St. Anger was nu metal (still a type of metal), this second new song sounded like a crappy mainstream punk band.
03.12.2007 - 09:06
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
new song #1 was decent, but this is just punk... really, they gotta sort out what theyre doing, unfortunatley i got a bad feeling bout next year...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
04.12.2007 - 05:27
Oracle
Orcinus
I find both of these 'New Songs' really boring. i had a listen to them and i didnt like them at all. I agree the second 'new song' sounded like fucking punk.

Hits total: 3638 | This month: 8