Metal Storm logo
What is the album that introduced you to metal?

Original post

Posted by Vikcen, 13.08.2010 - 18:10
In my case there was one, "Fear Of The Dark". A friend came to my home with the vinyl... and here it all began (I was 15 years old at that time).
17.12.2013 - 16:19
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Wig Wam - Hard To Be A Rock N'Roller got me into rock in general. I moved on to more metalstuffs when I heard Dream Evil I guess. But what I do remember well, is what album that introduced me and made me like extreme metal: Kalmah - Swamplord. I loved the music, but hated the vocals. Couldn't stand screams and growls before, even In Flames were to hard for my ears. But I loved Kalmah's music so much that I forced myself to listen to it, and from there I got into a new world with totally amazing music
17.12.2013 - 20:32
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
My first metal song was either Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden, Shimmy by System of a Down, or Enter Sandman by Metallica.

My first actual metal album is Piece of Mind from Iron Maiden.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
24.12.2013 - 21:21
DaveBarlow

The first proper metal album I got into was 'Countdown to extinction'- Megadeth
03.01.2014 - 03:18
Diverge

Probably On Through the Night by Def Leppard.
I listened to Hysteria first, but I would hardly regard it as a true metal album nowadays (that is debatable, though).
06.01.2014 - 00:14
mbcameron

Honestly City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold. I had kinda been on the outskirts of metal my whole life since my mom listened to some of it (she was mainly into punk though.) But this album was the first album that made me want to find more and the one that made me decide to take up guitar. After that discovered the classic bands and then just kinda steadily got into more extreme types of metal but prog ended up becoming my favorite, ha ha.
14.09.2015 - 10:12
Amy

Mine was iron maiden powerslave. It was just so thrilling and felt like an adventure.
----
\m/
17.09.2015 - 02:01
jangan

Countdown is very amazing
19.09.2015 - 11:34
Fulcrum

Fear of the dark although to seek and buy my first metal album, it was a Metallica song in the creation of my metal world
28.09.2015 - 12:34
Sang Dalang Abu

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
08.03.2016 - 20:16
Enteroctopus

GnR - Appetite for Destruction (debatable whether that's metal)
Metallica - AJFA

AJFA was a life-changer! "See our mother, put to death (death-death-death..), SEE OUR MOTHER DIE-EEEYAH!!"

That got sung from my bedroom a lot as a kid.
03.11.2017 - 12:35
BetulaObscura

Samael - "Blood Ritual" (1992)
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"
04.11.2017 - 01:52
tominator
At best deranged
Rammstein - Sehnsucht