Metal Storm logo
What is the album that introduced you to metal?

13.08.2010 - 18:10
Vikcen
Metálico
In my case there was one, "Fear Of The Dark". A friend came to my home with the vinyl... and here it all began (I was 15 years old at that time).
13.08.2010 - 19:43
F0rang3l

When I was one I first heard "Master of puppets" on my birthday. But the first metal album I really listened to was "Peace Sells... but who's buying" by Megadeth.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
13.08.2010 - 22:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Although I already liked some metal that Id heard on the radio, the first full length metal album I heard was "...And Justice For All" by Metallica.
13.08.2010 - 22:24
RobotPolarBear

First metal album I properly listened to was Rage Against the Machine's self-titled, although that's rather borderline (though it's definitely the most "metally" release in RATM's discography).

First unambiguously metal album I properly listened to was Death's Individual Thought Patterns.

EDIT: Typo.
13.08.2010 - 22:43
YonTroper

The first one I properly listened to was Faith No More's The Real Thing. If that's a bit borderline, then the first real metal album I listened to was Dream Theater's Images and Words.
----
I need a signature. Dunno what to write.
14.08.2010 - 16:31
Triumphator

Hmm I think it was Iron Maiden-The Number of The Beast in 1997.. My dad who is a huge Maiden fan has show it to me and since then I like Metal music.. Iron Maiden are still my favorite band.
14.08.2010 - 16:47
Darkside Momo
Retired
I started with with two Iron Maiden best-of cassettes made for me by a schoolmate. And I was sold, next thing I did was bying Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind and Somewhere In Time, so these three would count as the first albums I really listened to.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
14.08.2010 - 16:51
Perseverance
Account deleted
Morbid Angel's Covenant! I felt alienated and it. A week later I was doing from headbanging to hard. My friend when I played it for them thought I might do this !
15.08.2010 - 07:52
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Darkside Momo on 14.08.2010 at 16:47

I started with with two Iron Maiden best-of cassettes made for me by a schoolmate. And I was sold, next thing I did was bying Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind and Somewhere In Time, so these three would count as the first albums I really listened to.

Cassettes... those were the times. I still conserve them actually.
15.08.2010 - 08:27
Derwood

I grew up hearing a lot of Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple from my oldest brother, but it was Judas Priest's Screamin' for Vengeance brought home by a different brother in 1982 that was the first full metal album I listened to. Maiden's The Number of the Beast followed soon after. By the age of 12 I was hooked.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
15.08.2010 - 15:37
lilith

My first metal album was Painkiller.
15.08.2010 - 23:12
Davemetalhead

Can't honestly remember the first album, but I do remember the song - Demon's "One Helluva Night". My mate was a metalhead before me and I never saw the appeal, but he kept playing this one single everytime I went to his house and I guess it just started to rub off on me.

Amongst my first albums were AC/DC's "For Those About To Rock...", Maiden's "Number of The Beast" and Tank's "Filth Hounds Of Hades". Ah, those were the days - the early 80's and the NWOBHM.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/Nuraalek
15.08.2010 - 23:19
ForeverDarkWoods

The first real metal CD I listened to was a Black Sabbath best of.

Before that, there was SOAD's Toxicity. Not much fond of that stuff anymore.

After that came all the obvious stuff, like Metallica and Maiden and shit. Still hang on to a lot of that today, as well as Black Sabbath.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
17.09.2010 - 06:52
DRobichaud

Korn - self-titled.

Then came the REAL metal.

I heard Soundgarden "Superunknown" before that, but I don't consider that metal. It's hard rock.
----
Now is blessed, the rest remembered.
18.09.2010 - 00:38
ToxicZombie
Account deleted
It was actually three albums - "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica, and "Rust in Peace" and "Peace Sells...but Who's Buying" by Megadeth. They were my stepdad's.
18.09.2010 - 00:48
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
From the moment I listened to Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory and Opeth - Morningrise I haven't looked back... in fact those albums eventually led to me finding Metal Storm.
18.09.2010 - 05:23
Edmund Fogg

The albums that got me into metal I guess it's my father who always played The Best Of Queen and The Best Of Jethro Tull.Kinda weird to think my old men got me into metal haha
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
20.09.2010 - 18:22
FOOCK Nam

HammerFall - Glory To The Brave \m/
20.09.2010 - 18:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It wasnt any album, just solitary songs (mostly i remember Maiden's Fear Of The Dark and Ghost Love Score by NW)...i dont even remember now, which whole album i have listened first, but i would say it were some Nightwish
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.09.2010 - 01:41
bkrownd

Dio's "Rainbow In The Dark", which I saw on MTV when it was fairly new. I made mix tapes off the radio and TV (VHS) back then, since I was too young to have enough money to buy albums.
01.10.2010 - 16:56
Graveheart

This is a little obscure, but mine was Roland Grapow's debut solo album the Four Seasons of Life. I discovered Helloween pretty soon after that. My sister had borrowed that album from a friend whose stepfather had a rock band (one of the most famous local rock bands in the 80s) and quite an extensive collection of such albums. I heard it by accident and haven't been the same since. After ten years I finally bought the album from somebody just recently. It's a brilliant album, but if it wasn't for nostalgia I probably wouldn't be very impressed with it if I had heard it for the first time today. It's very much like Helloween while he was still in the band, but with Roland Grapow himself on vocals.
06.10.2010 - 15:15
metalmatt

Mine's was Metallica's black album
07.10.2010 - 01:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Okay everyone can start laughing now... For me it was Kiss' sell out album Dynasty all the way back in 1979
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2010 - 02:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
It isn't really direct for me, as you could say I've been listening to metal for as long as can remember if you include bands like Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Though I'd have to say the definitive album that pushed me into metal was Motorhead's Inferno.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.10.2010 - 11:04
Sweet Leaf

"Mob Rules" by Black Sabbath. I'd heard some metal songs before, but it was the first complete album I ever listened. I fell in love and knew that this was the kind of music I was looking for
08.10.2010 - 14:21
Vunts

I had listened to Black Sabbath and some Metallica, also Fear Factory before actually getting into "real" metal. The album that completed the switch for me was Overkill - Killbox 13. After that I spent a couple of years in a narrowminded world of listening only to "tr00" metal and hating every other genre. Not that it was a horrible experience, because I found a lot of good bands, but I am a bit ashamed at that time!
10.10.2010 - 16:42
Fenrisborg
Account deleted
I've always listened to metal, but when I did it was just a few of the more popular songs, mostly Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. The first metal album I listened to from start to finish was Rust in Peace. It introduced me to the genre, and it's still my favourite!
22.10.2010 - 11:54
akvan

Reload by Metallica
----
Think about it . Every generation gets some new frontier to tackle . Einstein got relativity , The Nasa cowboys got the moon . All the easy stuff is taken , Artificial consciousness is the next frontier !
22.10.2010 - 14:09
Luneth
Account deleted
Inhuman Rampage, DragonForce.

Played 'Through the Fire and Flames' on Guitar Hero 3 then was hooked to metal xD
23.10.2010 - 23:16
BattleHamster

I'm a Tolkien fan, so "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" by Blind Guardian.