Metal Storm logo
What is the album that introduced you to metal?

Original post

Posted by Vikcen, 13.08.2010 - 18:10
In my case there was one, "Fear Of The Dark". A friend came to my home with the vinyl... and here it all began (I was 15 years old at that time).
07.04.2013 - 01:49
Hammerdrone
Black Sabbath...Headless Cross, when I was about 6 years old. I still love Tony Martin's vocals!
07.04.2013 - 03:35
albinoman
First metal album that I listened to that got me into metal was Lamb of God- Ashes to the wake. I loved the energy of the music, it made me feel pumped kinda like Amon Amarth does now
08.04.2013 - 00:40
velkito
Iron Maiden - Brave new World, back in 7th-8th grade oh so long ago. For a few months it was the only album I listened to.

The vast majority of metal fans in my eastern european corner of the world listen to heavy/power/thrash, so no surprise there.
09.04.2013 - 18:59
No two ways about it, probably Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory. About as non-metal as metal comes I suppose, but it was the first step and I was about 13 years old so I was hardly going to be listening to Cannibal Corpse. After that I just listened to progressively heavier and heavier stuff. It was definitely a gradual thing though, I didn't start off with Metallica or anything like some of the others here.
16.04.2013 - 11:37
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I guess I gotta say it was a combination of Frank Klepacki's music from Command and Conquer (specifically Hell March) and then bands like Linkin Park, the heavier songs from Creed, and System of a Down. TV shows from my childhood with fast rock-themes like Power Rangers and Batman Beyond may also have had a hand in all of this.

I'm fairly sure that the first really heavy rock sound I latched on to was Hell March, though. I must've played that game at age 8 a few years after it came out, and I was completely addicted to that song.
----
05.10.2013 - 01:34
metalpeer
I would have to say the Kiss album "Destroyer" introduced me to heavy metal. I remember I seen Kiss on tv on a halloween special. I think I was about 5 years old. My mom would take me to an old record store/head shop called Penguin Feathers every other weekend and I started collecting all the Kiss albums in the used section. This was in 1976. I wanna say that after I got my Kiss collection in order, the next band I started buying was Yesterday And Today who later changed their name to Y&T
----
METALPEER.COM - HEAVY METAL AUCTIONS
05.10.2013 - 01:44
mz
Metallica-metallica
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
05.10.2013 - 05:09
Like most, it was definitely Metallica's MOP and Metallica. I don't really listen to their fifth album any more, but MOP is still as much of a masterpiece when I heard it around 9 years ago. That's staying power.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
06.10.2013 - 09:05
Downtosky
Avenged Sevenfold tbh, i used to listened popular music in my highschool such as Pop and Hip Hop, then i listened Dear God of Avenged Sevenfold in youtube, i fell in love with the song and started to listen their other songs, which is metal for me, such as Beast and The Harlot, Afterlife, etc, then Metal is my new music!

*you can say i have bad taste of music, cause i know many people don't like A7X*

Then, i could say, Avenged Sevenfold Self Titled ( white album ) is the one who introduced me to Metal
06.10.2013 - 09:14
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Come crawling faster
obey your Master
your life burns faster
obey your Master
Master
Master of Puppets .
----
The Fangirl.
07.10.2013 - 22:13
Mercyful_Kate
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
07.10.2013 - 23:03
Mad Arab666
For me it's cradle of filth album midian. That album really got me interested in metal.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
07.10.2013 - 23:45
Migtanteot
A brazilian death/thrash band introduced me into the metal, better start I wouldn´t have.
Sepultura-Arise
08.10.2013 - 02:48
Goatreich
Suicidal Tendencies - Still Cyco After All These Years

Changed my life forever at 13.
14.10.2013 - 07:38
UPDIRNS
Ride the Lightning. I was maybe 10 and the album has been out for several years, but For Whom the Bell Tolls got its hooks into me and I loved it.
16.10.2013 - 21:16
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Migtanteot on 07.10.2013 at 23:45

A brazilian death/thrash band introduced me into the metal, better start I wouldn´t have.
Sepultura-Arise

Hehe, casually i'm listening it in my car currently, this disc is one of the best, AWESOME =)
17.10.2013 - 04:03
Wukk
Written by Jaeryd on 16.04.2013 at 11:37

TV shows from my childhood with fast rock-themes like Power Rangers and Batman Beyond may also have had a hand in all of this.

I'm fairly sure that the first really heavy rock sound I latched on to was Hell March, though. I must've played that game at age 8 a few years after it came out, and I was completely addicted to that song.

I know I already posted my gateway album on the previous page, but I'm seconding this. While none of those things were part of my childhood, games like Pokémon and especially F-Zero had a part to play, before I even knew I liked music. And whenever I heard any kind of music being played, I always enjoyed the heavier songs, even though none of them were exactly metal.

I mean, SERIOUSLY
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
17.10.2013 - 12:38
Masonics
When I was 14, Deep purple's self titled, the rest is history. Loved the amazing guitar work of Ritchie Blackmore.
17.10.2013 - 17:59
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2010 at 01:19

Okay everyone can start laughing now... For me it was Kiss' sell out album Dynasty all the way back in 1979

Haven't heard that but isn't St.Anger worse than that? But that brought me into Metal anyway.
17.10.2013 - 18:00
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Also seems the converted were all Metallica fans at the very nascent.
17.10.2013 - 18:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by 3rdWorld on 17.10.2013 at 17:59

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2010 at 01:19

Okay everyone can start laughing now... For me it was Kiss' sell out album Dynasty all the way back in 1979

Haven't heard that but isn't St.Anger worse than that? But that brought me into Metal anyway.

Metallica - Metallica is Metallica's sell-out album not St. Anger. The Black Album was specifically recorded to sell millions of copies, that's the reason they hire the Motley Crue producer to produce it. Btw, the band even said so at the time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2013 - 18:06
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2013 at 18:03

Metallica - Metallica is Metallica's sell-out album not St. Anger. The Black Album was specifically recorded to sell millions of copies, that's the reason they hire the Motley Crue producer to produce it. Btw, the band even said so at the time.

Wasn't talking about the sell-out factor. But atleast the black album was good. St.Anger, the record is pretty boring. But watching the title track in youtube made me take the leap. Weird thing was I loved the snare drum sound in the song and that's why i checked out the genre and not the guitars.
18.10.2013 - 00:35
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Slayer - Hell Awaits
19.10.2013 - 08:44
MockTheCross
Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll and then shortly after that Metallica - Kill em All. The solos blew my mind.
30.10.2013 - 14:54
Jtbmetal123
Metallica's Master of Puppets for me.
03.11.2013 - 23:40
justkel
Account deleted
Metallica's Kill Em' All and Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss. Definetly. The Big 4's bands were definetly my starting point.
08.12.2013 - 02:54
Get_thrashed
Sirenia -at sixes and sevens
and there's the orphaned land's sahara
and then metallica's S&M
----
http://www.last.fm/user/em_eldeen
08.12.2013 - 22:33
Doge of Venice
City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold. I took a liking to it when Guitar Hero 2 had it on the set list, and I actively looked for the album after I heard Beast and the Harlot.

Though my first real taste of metal was some "Ultimate Guitar" albums, or something similar (unrelated to the website). It had "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and I always loved that song.
12.12.2013 - 14:14
Fordy
Well I've been into metal since I was a very young child, as my father had always played metal bands around me. One of the first band/albums I remember hearing was Metallica "Load" and after that I've always loved metal.
13.12.2013 - 23:50
Skl3ros
All That Remains - The Fall Of Ideals.
found out about them by torrenting (yeah shame on me, haven't downloaded sth in years now) a song from the calling and accidentally downloaded the song This Calling from ATR.
you can imagine my surprise when expecting the song Wherever You Will Go and then hearing this xD but instead of deleting it I listened the song and was completely blown away since I had never heard screaming vocals until then. and this was my introduction into metal. kinda miss those times when I thought that slipknot would be hardcore music for sick ppl haha