Metal Storm logo
Guitarist Needed, Gothic Metal Project

17.08.2010 - 03:42
Hey
I have a project called "Ecliptic Dawn" it's somewhere between Gothic Metal and Extreme Metal, I need a guitarist to record my 3rd song which has 2 guitar lines within, it's not any hard. It doesn't matter where you live as long as you can record and send.
I don't need outstanding quality, just a good quality, also I need you to record clean guitar cuz the guy who's mixing will put distortion effect on guitars. Also If someone interested to do bass it'll be great.
If anyone is interested plz send me PM.
17.08.2010 - 12:42
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Word of advice based on experience, it is a VERY bad idea to record clean guitars and then add distortion to them.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
17.08.2010 - 14:08
Written by Zombie on 17.08.2010 at 12:42

Word of advice based on experience, it is a VERY bad idea to record clean guitars and then add distortion to them.

well, it works really perfect, when the one who's adding distortion is an experienced guy
17.08.2010 - 14:12
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I dont know, maybe in simple melodies, chords.. regular playing (ie. gothic) .. but techniques like tapping, pinch harmonics, palm muting, and other common guitar techniques are impossible to pull off without using distortion with hi-gain .. so, how can the 'guy' add distortion to something that can't be 'played' in the first place?

anyways its weird for me as a play thrash and death metal .. but maybe in black metal, gothic, industrial, and other less-complex genres is it possible. anyways good luck =)
----

22.08.2010 - 19:31
Damnated_Soul
Maybe I am Interested
Do you have the tabs?
03.09.2010 - 16:20
nialldoran
Written by Zombie on 17.08.2010 at 14:12

I dont know, maybe in simple melodies, chords.. regular playing (ie. gothic) .. but techniques like tapping, pinch harmonics, palm muting, and other common guitar techniques are impossible to pull off without using distortion with hi-gain .. so, how can the 'guy' add distortion to something that can't be 'played' in the first place?

anyways its weird for me as a play thrash and death metal .. but maybe in black metal, gothic, industrial, and other less-complex genres is it possible. anyways good luck =)

hey im that 'guy' and adding distortion to a clean signal at a later date is common practice in modern metal production, so you couldnt have that much experiance, this whole album was reamped, is this complex enough death metal for you to prove that it can be done perfectly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQ79F8oOIg
03.09.2010 - 20:56
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Ok.. first of all, hello "guy' ... secondly, i really dislike the new over-produced and studio modified recording techniques.. i know you guys (sound engineers) would think that people who think like me come from the stone age but that's that. nothing beats the old-school raw recording and i'm sure many old-school listeners would appreciate raw music.

anyways, good luck with your album .. at first i thought he's going to home-record something and mix it with added distortion tht wouldn't sound good.. didnt realize he'd hire a professional. so, dont take it personally.
----

04.09.2010 - 17:03
nialldoran
Yeah i know what you mean alot of people includeing myself do enojoy raw old school recordings, although for certain types of music it is better to have the option of changing the guitar tone at any time without having to re record as time is money in studios when mixing etc etc,
27.09.2010 - 22:36
ANGEL REAPER
Aye! I am interested to help,although I've play a lot of BM today I literally grew on gothic metal and dont mind playing it .....

my BM works can be seen on wwww.myspace.com/mydeadgirlfriendserbia

(the low quality production was intentious !)

Anyway if you need a guitarist send me pm...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
20.10.2010 - 11:25
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I'm in (for the guitar that is)...but two things needed first, I need the tabs and (since I don't enjoy recording clean and then adding a VST distortion effect, unless thats the only way to go :S) I need to hear (or have an idea) what the overall sound will be so I can create a good effect. BTW My instruments are a custom Yamaha ERG 121 (yeah it sux but the output is amazing as you'll hear) and a ZOOM G2.1u multi effect pedal so the recording will be done thru a USB cable minimizing the static noises to a minimum.

you can check my old stuff on http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imperial_ice/

PM me if interested (I'm sure you are hehehe)
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
21.10.2010 - 12:22
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Hey I just realized you're from Syria, we can actually meet up (when I get back to Syria that is) and record something...
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
08.01.2011 - 20:54
Mundus
Which software are you using for distorting the clean signal?
18.01.2011 - 03:21
Hey guys everything was already recorded and done
18.01.2011 - 10:22
ANGEL REAPER
And it is damn good....
Nice work man!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"