Metal Storm logo
Deicide - Album Banned By Swedish Online CD Store

According to Earache Records, one of Sweden's largest online music stores, Ginza.se, has barred the sale of Deicide's latest album, "The Stench of Redemption", citing the blasphemous CD sleeve art, controversial lyrical subject matter and the fact that Deicide mainman Glen Benton has an upside-down cross branded into the center of his forehead as their reasoning. This has consequently led to Ginza.se taking the unprecedented step of removing all traces of previous Deicide releases from their online store aswell.

This action follows quickly on from the news that U.K. TV channel Scuzz TV have also refused to play the video for Deicide's "Homage For Satan" due to its ? in their view ? offensive content.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Deicide
Posted: 23.08.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 20 users
23.08.2006 - 03:58
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Wait, wait, wait.

Ginza.se has only now realised what Deicide is all about? Top work, folks.
----
23.08.2006 - 06:17
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
That's another event that is going on the list of "Times When People Take Shit Too Seriously" that I have been working on for the past year. If people didn't want to be offended by the music, they shouldn't buy the album. They didn't have to outright ban the album from their catalogue.
23.08.2006 - 10:23
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.08.2006 at 06:17

That's another event that is going on the list of "Times When People Take Shit Too Seriously" that I have been working on for the past year. If people didn't want to be offended by the music, they shouldn't buy the album. They didn't have to outright ban the album from their catalogue.

Agreed Insineratehymn... freedom of speech is hauman right after all... foolish, blundering people indeed.
23.08.2006 - 12:56
RavenLord

What they don't realise is that Deicide's image isn't a cause for concern, it's a source of hilarity! The man has an inverted cross branded on his forehead, for God's sake! How can you take anyone like that seriously? :p
----
23.08.2006 - 13:05
Baz Anderson

"This action follows quickly on from the news that U.K. TV channel Scuzz TV have also refused to play the video for Deicide's "Homage For Satan" due to its ? in their view ? offensive content"

i want to go and watch the video now and see what its all about
i wouldnt have bothered if not for this news
23.08.2006 - 13:58
TimmyPix

It's fair enough Scuzz removing it because people can't really choose what they see when it comes up on TV - but I bet Scuzz show it late at night anyway.

But Ginza.se doing it is wrong - as Insineratehymn said, people can choose whether they buy the album or not.
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
23.08.2006 - 15:53
lordz
IzZo
another place to be banned in the list!!!

where is the freedom of speach ??
23.08.2006 - 16:10
Damnated
Churchburner
With this, Deicide will be even more famous, this album will reach sky high sells
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
23.08.2006 - 16:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
If they had banned the cd from the on-line cd store for being crap (like all of Deicide's albums) I could understand. But banning it for the cover art subject matter etc. is just laughable, it is just as blasphemous as ever. And IMO it isn't blasphemous at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.08.2006 - 16:45
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Ah, so Homage is a new one. I saw it on NZ's metal show a couple weeks ago and it's brilliant, both the audio and the video. Go Deicide!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
23.08.2006 - 16:46
Thryce
Retired Staff
I agree with Elijah on Ginza.se being retarded (Glen Benton burned that upside-down cross in his forehead several years ago...), but I guess the dictatureship of the censorship is pretty hot and omnipresent atm. Almost everything gets censored nowadays. Today I read in the newspaper 2 episodes of Tom And Jerry will be censored because Tom smokes a cigarette (noone of the conservatives has a problem with the "violence" in the cartoons, but the children can't watch a smoking cat because it will influence them in a wrong way....)

I also agree with Ozman that the cover isn't really a big deal at all. Go to here to watch the cover... If they want to ban this, they have to ban A LOT of covers. I wonder what they do with goregrind covers ?? I never heard they banned this cover of Torsofuck. Sure it's not blasphemous, but still pretty disturbing for the kids...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
18.02.2007 - 19:49
Kataplexi
Account deleted
Well Ginza sucks, it has always been a lame online store!
HAIL CD-ON!!!
04.10.2007 - 20:40
SheWarlock
Account deleted
Banning sucks!! but this days all websites feel the need to even MS lol
16.01.2009 - 14:18
powermoder
Account deleted
This thread is pure bullshit drama. There is no such thing as Deicide being banned from Ginza.se. Go there and see for yourselves.. no problem getting ahold of stench of redemp, or their backcatalogue...

come on, check your sources, bitches..

Hits total: 9749 | This month: 3