Metal Storm logo
Amaranthe - Will Enter The Studio In October

Amaranthe, the Swedish/Danish power metal/melodic death metal "super-group", are set to record their debut full-length album. In October, the band will enter Hansen Studio in Ribe, Denmark for two months with producer Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Mercenary, Nightrage). The as-of-yet untitled album is scheduled for a spring 2011 release via Spinefarm Records.

Guitarist Olof Mörck commented: "Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to getting all the tracks on tape! There has been quite a stir and hype around Amaranthe lately, and it is funny to think that everything that people have heard so far are demos recorded in a bedroom - it is going to be fantastic to able to show people the true potential of our music, with a killer sound! This whole production is going to be HUGE and spending two months with Jacob Hansen recording the album will ensure that we will have a production second to none! Jacob Hansen is definitely one of the top names in today's metal recording scene, and when we found out that he was available on quite short notice we where very enthused! Keep your eyes peeled when this baby is unleashed in early spring 2011!"

The Amaranthe line-up looks as follows:

Olof Mörck (Nightrage, Dragonland) - guitar, keyboards
Jake E. Lundberg (Dream Evil, Dreamland) - clean vocals
Elize Ryd (live Kamelot) - vocals
Andreas Solveström (Within Y, ex-Cipher System) - screams
Morten Løwe Sørensen (ex-Koldborn, Disavowed, Mercenary, The Arcane Order, Panzerchrist) - drums
Johan Andreasen (ex-Engel) - bass

More info about Amaranthe on MySpace.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Posted: 16.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 10 users
18.08.2010 - 02:46
Symmachus

I would like to check this band out; I've not heard of them before.
18.08.2010 - 04:02
Wishmaster
Account deleted
I've heard of them, but never bothered to check them out. I hope their debut wouldn't be boring or mediocre like a lot of bands out there.

Hits total: 2573 | This month: 2