Metal Storm logo
Marduk

Original post

Posted by Throne of Rats, 23.08.2006 - 13:07
A thread dedicated to the mighty Marduk, feel free to discuss/share your thoughts on Marduk.
16.11.2011 - 02:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Rom was a really good release, but probably the only enjoyable album from their more contemporary era. I think their potential was capped with Those of the Unlight.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.11.2011 - 02:21
ANGEL REAPER

I still think that Opus Nocturne was the best from them...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
17.11.2011 - 10:37
Savopipo

The latest full length (Wormwood) was a bit of a disappointment though. Rom is one of my favourite albums all categories - great stuff! Also the DVD "Blood, Puke, Salvation" is a great piece of art! Anyone that would like to share an opinion on the latest EP?

Edit: I just heard one of the songs from the EP and it's really to my liking! It's now some time since I heard ROM but I think this is definitely up there with it!
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
21.11.2011 - 02:17
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Savopipo on 17.11.2011 at 10:37

Anyone that would like to share an opinion on the latest EP?

Sounds like Panzer-era revisited by Mortuus... wouldn't mind a full album, was good thing even if I appreciate alot their current style.
27.11.2011 - 02:41
Savopipo

The latest EP is really good shit. I love it! I hope they will make a full length in the same vein!! Hail Marduk!!!
----
27.11.2011 - 12:47
Doomsday666hell

Iron Dawn is just amazing cant wait for there next full length album but if we are talking fav marduk albums nightwing is mine fucking love of hell fire
----
I am the destroyer of worlds and maybe the universe
28.11.2011 - 11:04
ANGEL REAPER

Although i dont like the straight forward blast beats exclusive style that marduk often employs i find this Iron Dawn EP pretty good...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
29.11.2011 - 12:02
Savopipo

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.11.2011 at 11:04

Although i dont like the straight forward blast beats exclusive style that marduk often employs i find this Iron Dawn EP pretty good...

You just put your finger on the one thing that I feel i miss in Marduk. Why can't they make more songs with different tempos within the same song? They are obviously able to write great fast songs and also when they play heavy in a slower tempo it's good so I would like to see more of a combination of the two within the song structures.
----
29.11.2011 - 14:18
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Savopipo on 29.11.2011 at 12:02

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.11.2011 at 11:04

You just put your finger on the one thing that I feel i miss in Marduk. Why can't they make more songs with different tempos within the same song? They are obviously able to write great fast songs and also when they play heavy in a slower tempo it's good so I would like to see more of a combination of the two within the song structures.

i know i know i was wondering the same thing for while...it beats me still though...
----
02.12.2011 - 17:49
Vombatus
Potorro
I think Marduk are already moving away from pure blastbeat era.... Wormwood has a good mix of slow and fast paced songs, even different tempos in songs. Makes it kind of unpredictable and interesting to listen to.
02.12.2011 - 20:48
Dechef

Wormwood got some mad playtime by me when it first come out. Phosporous Redeemer freakin' ripped twice as hard in the live setting!
The EP, I would call... A nice appetizer for what's about to come! But damn, now I'm getting hungry for some Marduk.
06.07.2014 - 19:50
Crypt

New video clip for Slay The Nazarene:

06.07.2014 - 21:10
Ilham
Giant robot
That's a beautiful work of animation.
06.07.2014 - 22:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Kinda cool.
Well at least it made me listen to that song. I wouldn't have otherwise hahahahaha.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.