Metal Storm logo
Fen

21.08.2010 - 01:53
The Turbanator

No topic about Fen? Shame. Such a brilliant band. I've been listening to alot of UK based bands recently, mainly in Black Metal. Then I heard Fen's 'The Malediction Fields'.

I can't believe it. How more awesome can Black Metal be? As a huge fan of Atmospheric Black Metal, this band really made me go

This album, is a must have. A masterpiece. Call me bias or anything, but for me this is the best BM album from UK, definitely.

Listen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BpEMKGPSQ
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.08.2010 - 02:04
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Thank you so much for reminding me about these guys. I've listened to their full-length debut once before and I thought it was fantastic. I seriously need to listen to it again.
21.08.2010 - 02:20
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 21.08.2010 at 02:04

Thank you so much for reminding me about these guys. I've listened to their full-length debut once before and I thought it was fantastic. I seriously need to listen to it again.

It is too good, man. I thought of creating a topic about UKBM. So many good bands I've discovered. Like Primordial, A Forest of Stars, Anaal Nathrakh, Self-Inflicted Violence, The Axis of Perdition and Wodensthrone. So good. Looking forward to more recommendations.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.08.2010 - 04:55
Zuzuz0r

I thought there was already one, I even remember posting on it wtf, anyways, they're a good band, I find their sound very enjoyable and I think they're among the best bands on the current Atmospheric Post-Rock/Shoegaze/Black Metal "trend".
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
21.08.2010 - 11:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 21.08.2010 at 02:20

It is too good, man. I thought of creating a topic about UKBM. So many good bands I've discovered. Like Primordial, A Forest of Stars, Anaal Nathrakh, Self-Inflicted Violence, The Axis of Perdition and Wodensthrone. So good. Looking forward to more recommendations.

I made a list of the best of what I've heard of UKBM, sure you'll find some more decent stuff on it

http://www.metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=524

[/selfpromotion]

Haven't listened to Self-Inflicted Violence though so will check 'em out.
21.08.2010 - 12:07
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 21.08.2010 at 11:59

I made a list of the best of what I've heard of UKBM, sure you'll find some more decent stuff on it

[/selfpromotion]

Yeah! Thanks for the list. I'll definitely check them out.

Self-Inflicted Violence is really good, one man band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij3ZELUJr24
----
21.08.2010 - 12:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 21.08.2010 at 12:07

Written by Guest on 21.08.2010 at 11:59

[/selfpromotion]

Yeah! Thanks for the list. I'll definitely check them out.

Self-Inflicted Violence is really good, one man band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij3ZELUJr24

That sounds pretty good. I'm usually pretty turned off by DSBM generally but I'm also biased when it comes to UKBM so it balances out
21.08.2010 - 12:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Oh yeah, I also reviewed The Malediction Fields ^_^

http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/review.php?review_id=7990
22.08.2010 - 02:13
ß
Problem?
I think the review sums up Malediction Fields quite nicely. I myself quite like the clean vocals even though some people may find them dodgy. A great example of them utilizing them would be in the song Colossal Voids, I always find myself going back to that song.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
22.08.2010 - 12:48
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 21.08.2010 at 12:20

Oh yeah, I also reviewed The Malediction Fields ^_^

http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/review.php?review_id=7990

Nice one. And dude! Winterfylleth is brilliant! I've heard 'The Mercian Sphere' album. Really good.
----
23.08.2010 - 20:00
Nox

I really rate Fen, and finally got to see them in April, the atmosphere really carried live as well.

For up and coming UKBM, look out for The Illusionary Contortionist. Strange name, quite talented.

Abalam will complete their debut album this year as well, loved the first demo. Lots of good things hiding under stones in this country.
24.08.2010 - 01:28
InnerSelf
proofread free
The clean vocals never clicked on me .. I almost hate them , aside form that they are great
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
09.02.2011 - 21:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New album, leaked it did.
09.02.2011 - 21:50
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 09.02.2011 at 21:40

Holy molly I am jumping of excitement. did you listened to it ??
----
is not bold enough
09.02.2011 - 21:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 09.02.2011 at 21:50

Holy molly I am jumping of excitement. did you hear it ??

Halfway through the second track now. It's still very "Fen" so I can't imagine I'll dislike it at all.
09.02.2011 - 21:56
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Guest on 09.02.2011 at 21:52

Written by InnerSelf on 09.02.2011 at 21:50

Holy molly I am jumping of excitement. did you hear it ??

Halfway through the second track now. It's still very "Fen" so I can't imagine I'll dislike it at all.

I heard the new track "which name I can't remember" on mysapce and it was great
will be downloading it tonight
----
is not bold enough
10.02.2011 - 07:01
The Turbanator

Didn't even know they are releasing a new album! Checking it out now.
----
13.02.2011 - 07:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Updated the tracklist for the upcoming split with De Arma if anyone's interested.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.05.2012 - 12:56
Oaken
Hipster
It's really impossible to say which of their two albums is better. The two are very equally good.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
24.03.2019 - 12:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to FB band is ina studio, working on new album.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing