Metal Storm logo
Isole

23.08.2006 - 18:27
Valar
IndianSteel
Isole is a Great Doom metal band from Sweden they had released there first album Forevermore in 2005 and it was absolutely stunning, I mean I couldnt find a flaw in the album.
They have released another album this year called Throne Of Void.

If one likes Traditional or Epic doom like Candlemass or Solstice bands I highly reccomend this great band.

http://www.forevermore.se/media/Age%20of%20Darkness.mp3 - Rough Mix of the track "Age Of Darkness" from the album Forevermore
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
24.08.2006 - 00:32
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I didn't know anything about the new album, but I loved the first one so I'm going to order it as soon as posible. 10x for the news!
01.09.2006 - 18:30
Valar
IndianSteel
^^

Chah!Hasnt Anyone Else heard Isole??
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
10.10.2006 - 12:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valar on 01.09.2006 at 18:30

^^

Chah! Doesnt Hasnt Anyone Else heard Isole??

I had
I had hera some songs not albums and i cans a its great, only band think band is not from old schgool era, but 90ties, thats waht I dont like in them, but otherwise its so amazing and great
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2006 - 12:24
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 12:05

^^

I had
I had hera some songs not albums and i cans a its great, only band think band is not from old schgool era, but 90ties, thats waht I dont like in them, but otherwise its so amazing and great

I think they were formed in the early 90ies and were then known as Forlorn....
Neways thats not a fair reason for not liking a band, they might not be formed during the old school era but there music is can easily match the likes of Candlemass IMO.

P.S - ANd Yeah Finally some response
----
10.10.2006 - 12:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valar on 10.10.2006 at 12:24

^^

I had

Neways thats not a fair reason for not liking a band, they might not be formed during the old school era but there music is can easily match the likes of Candlemass IMO.

Its formed in in midle of 90tie snot early but still Candelamss ok maybe thay are so know and lil overated, but Candlemass musi was/are whit nasty attitde but Isole lil whit power metal attitude if you get what I try to say
----

apos;'
[image]
10.10.2006 - 12:38
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 12:30

Written by Valar on 10.10.2006 at 12:24

^^

I had

Its formed in in midle of 90tie snot early but still Candelamss ok maybe thay are so know and lil overated, but Candlemass musi was/are whit nasty attitde but Isole lil whit power metal attitude if you get what I try to say

No man i didnt atall get what you tried to say there, Isole have power metal attitude if that is what you said then i am totally confused
----
10.10.2006 - 12:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Indian Streal - Not im music but in live, tahy dont live like old school bands anymore but i didnt say about music nothing bad
----

apos;'
[image]
28.11.2007 - 14:55
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
"Bliss of Solitude" cover artwork and audio samples are available at this location.

"Bliss of Solitude" will be released on:
23.01.2008 Finland
25.01.2008 Germany / Austria / Switzerland / Sweden
28.01.2008 Europe
29.01.2008 USA / Canada
28.11.2007 - 15:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
"isole" means island in italian thats all I know lol

But I might check this band.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.03.2009 - 20:38
TheBigRossowski

It looks like this thread was DOOMED when it began! Hehe..hu...get it...the play on...ehh, fuck it! But seriously, what's the word on the new album?! I saw some pretty high votes for it, so it's gotta be at least decent.

Opinions?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
10.03.2009 - 20:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.03.2009 at 20:38

It looks like this thread was DOOMED when it began! Hehe..hu...get it...the play on...ehh, fuck it! But seriously, what's the word on the new album?! I saw some pretty high votes for it, so it's gotta be at least decent.

Opinions?

It is a very good album, typically Isole. So, expect consistent quality. And once again slightly different to the one before. But I prefer the more organic drumsound on the new one as compared to the more mechanical drumsound on Bliss Of Solitude.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.03.2009 - 21:49
GT
Coffee!!
If it, as mentioned earlier, is somewhat similar to Candlemass I'll check them out, since I'm recently getting pretty hooked on them
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.03.2009 - 22:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by GT on 10.03.2009 at 21:49

If it, as mentioned earlier, is somewhat similar to Candlemass I'll check them out, since I'm recently getting pretty hooked on them

Yes, it is slightly similar to Candlemass
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.03.2009 - 22:31
GT
Coffee!!
I'll check them out then and hopefully return with a happy smile on my face
----

20.03.2009 - 18:53
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by GT on 10.03.2009 at 22:31

if you have a big happy smile, the doom didn't do it's job. you should be dour and downcast.

turn that frown the right way around!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.03.2009 - 17:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 20.03.2009 at 18:53

Written by GT on 10.03.2009 at 22:31

if you have a big happy smile, the doom didn't do it's job. you should be dour and downcast.

turn that frown the right way around!

Damn that means that doom works all wrong on me....
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.03.2009 - 22:06
annodomini

The new album is gorgeus. Even better that Bliss on Solitude which i found masterfull too. And they are really productive, almost every year with an album
----
the riddle wants to be...
23.03.2009 - 07:53
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Yes I'm really enjoying (in a gloomy, downbeat way of course) the new Isole album. Just got the retail copy of it, and I prefer it over their 2008 release. "Bliss Of Solitude" is a very good album for me but it just didn't catch me in a way where it got into my mind and becomes a part of your thoughts the way the new one does. "Nightfall" and "Forlorn" are my picks on "Silent Ruins," but honestly, it's a great listen throughout. As someone who much prefers a great album over some great tracks, this is one that's made 2009 a promising year for me so far musically.

I noticed also that the band is re-issuing their debut, the only track I've heard seemed good, I may have to check that out.... Only 10 euros, so, the price is hard to argue about!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
23.03.2009 - 19:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Jason W. on 23.03.2009 at 07:53

Yes I'm really enjoying (in a gloomy, downbeat way of course) the new Isole album. Just got the retail copy of it, and I prefer it over their 2008 release. "Bliss Of Solitude" is a very good album for me but it just didn't catch me in a way where it got into my mind and becomes a part of your thoughts the way the new one does. "Nightfall" and "Forlorn" are my picks on "Silent Ruins," but honestly, it's a great listen throughout. As someone who much prefers a great album over some great tracks, this is one that's made 2009 a promising year for me so far musically.

I noticed also that the band is re-issuing their debut, the only track I've heard seemed good, I may have to check that out.... Only 10 euros, so, the price is hard to argue about!

They debut has already been reissued some time last year and has a bonus track compared to the original version.

Btw, funny Forlorn is one of your fav tracks off the latest release since it is a track from when they were still called Forlorn.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.03.2009 - 19:19
annodomini

My favorite is Nightfall. Its bin a long time when i heared such a great Doom song.
----
the riddle wants to be...
26.03.2009 - 15:15
GT
Coffee!!
I finally managed to listen to a couple of their albums. Pretty nice music and a cool atmosphere they create. I could see myself getting into them with a few more listens
----

24.07.2012 - 01:24
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I discovered this band about 6 months ago, and they are now in my top band list. They are a band that have released consistent good albums and maintain their own sound. Silent Ruins is my favourite album with the rest all fairly equal behind.
24.07.2012 - 06:54
Numbskull

I had heard of them and heard some of Isole's music; but, I had gotten around to getting any of the albums till recently. I have Bliss of Solitude and Silent Ruins. They remind me more of Solitude Aeturnus than Candlemass (both of my favorite bands). Been playing all of them and Sahg lately.
28.09.2022 - 16:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This coming December Hammerheart Records will re-issue our first two albums in deluxe jewelcase editions! Prepare yourself for the early years of melancholy on the links below.

Pre order links

https://isole.lnk.to/forevermore

https://isole.lnk.to/throneofvoid
----

apos;'
[image]