12. Master Of Puppets
13. Blackened
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
16. Am I Evil? [with the Big Four] [Diamond Head cover]
17. Hit The Lights
18. Seek And Destroy

Additional info
In addition to the two-DVD set and the corresponding Blu-ray, there will be a limited edition "super deluxe" box set including the DVD set, five CDs with ALL the music, a 24-page booklet, a poster, photos of each band, and a "Big Four" guitar pick

DVD 2 Bonus Feature (approx. 45 mins) Behind-the-Scenes documentary, giving you exclusive access to The Big Four back-stage at Sonisphere, including interviews and "Am I Evil?" rehearsal footage

Release dates: North America - October 19
Northern Europe - October 15
Rest of the world - October 18

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 31   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 332 users
26.08.2010 - 21:31
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
I just didnt got that pick
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
26.08.2010 - 22:42
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I want it, I need it, I feel it,
27.08.2010 - 15:37
Andresopeth
What a monster DVD, this is the kind of things you desire to buy inmediatly, it's Epic
27.08.2010 - 23:16
Damnated_Soul
Why in hell Metallica has more songs than the rest?
27.08.2010 - 23:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Damnated_Soul on 27.08.2010 at 23:16

Because... it's Metallica.

The guys who for some reason, are the biggest name in the Big Four and one of, if not the biggest in metal as a whole.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
30.08.2010 - 13:00
Elyar S.
Gud är Död

because Metallica was headliner in all of big 4 tour.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
30.08.2010 - 13:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Elyar S. on 30.08.2010 at 13:00

because Metallica was headliner in all of big 4 tour.

Yeah, I thought that that would be totally obvious and clear. Also for the Metallica haters
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.09.2010 - 23:19
Prisoner
Account deleted
I just watched the show over the internet and in my opinion, metallica put up a better show than the rest of them simply becuase they had more time, and they were the last band which means they performed in night so they could use some light tricks and fireworks to make their show more and more epic...also kirk was on his best and except from a little part on "one" he played perfectly!
Slayer was as always good without any exception, they were tired in the middle but they managed to keep it up and end their show with making the crowd to go nuts on raining blood
Megadeth really had the crowd going after anthrax's failure, their music was really the best among the big 4 but dave had a lot of problems singing, you could barely hear him singing when they were playing...
and anthrax, the worst part, simply more like a joke for the big 4, I think if it wasn't for commercial reasons, exodus or testament would be better choices for sonisphere big 4 than anthrax!

at overall, it was fun to watch, and it worth spending money on it!
05.10.2010 - 21:33
Rating: 10
AkimHH
LO, This DVD is in torrent now
----
AkimHH
18.11.2010 - 23:50
Virgile
Written by Elyar S. on 26.08.2010 at 21:31

I just didnt got that pick

Stupid meaningless detail but I didn't get it either ...
27.11.2010 - 01:16
JD
Account deleted
Finally i watched this DVD, Metallica were the best, then Slayer(loved when they said "thanks" in bulgarian, then Anthrax & Megadeth(Dave really disappointed me), i can't rate it as 10 because of the weak performance by Anthrax and Megadeth, so am gonna rate it as 9 instead, and cheers for the crazy crowd they were amazing!!

"Love you Sofia"
05.12.2010 - 08:40
Mad Mike
It's just too bad they didn't tour north america, because, you know, NA is where they made their names.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
05.12.2010 - 12:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mad Mike on 05.12.2010 at 08:40

It's just too bad they didn't tour north america, because, you know, NA is where they made their names.

those bands were actually big in Europe before they broke it big time in the US. Here they were already filling 10,000 seaters on their own when they could sell out a 1,000 seater on their own the US
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.12.2010 - 16:01
Rating: 7
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I watched this in a local movie theater soon after it was filmed, and it really didn't move me to want to buy it. Metallica was good, professional as always, and Slayer were decent, though their passion is less and less on the emotional side each time I see them. Megadeth was terrible, Dave was basically unlistenable and made for nearly an hour's worth of jokes and cringes about his atrocious singing. Honestly, I enjoyed Anthrax the most, as they felt more alive and had the only hint of raw, personal energy of the four. I hadn't listened to any of these bands much in ten years, but at this point, the only one I'd care about seeing live right now would be Anthrax.

None of the guys I went to see this with have any interest in buying this either, honestly...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
05.12.2010 - 19:49
Rating: 5
RockeRoy
I must say Metallica had a realy bad show, they played so bad and the sound was crap, i almoas only heard the vocal. the slayer guys looked and played like they would rather be anywhere else. Megadeth was the band who playd best i think, even though Mustains vocal was terrible. Anthrax playd with moast heart and performed the best show on this dvd.
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
07.12.2010 - 03:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
They have shared a stage before
saw them with Suicidal Tendencies in I think it was 1992 in Rotterdam in front of 40,000 people.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.03.2011 - 19:50
Rating: 4
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by RockeRoy on 05.12.2010 at 19:49

I must say Metallica had a realy bad show, they played so bad and the sound was crap, i almoas only heard the vocal. the slayer guys looked and played like they would rather be anywhere else. Megadeth was the band who playd best i think, even though Mustains vocal was terrible. Anthrax playd with moast heart and performed the best show on this dvd.

yup, i agree with ya, on the live show AND this DVD. i witnessed the big 4 show just after this one, in Bucharest, and Anthrax was indeed the band who was most "into it" by far. they played the tightest and with the most audience communication, Mustaine's vocals and guitar tone sucked majorly and the guys at Slayer played really fucking tight but they looked way too bored. at least these 3 bands played well, unlike....

Metallica was so goddamned half-assed on this DVD. the first 2 songs were obviously played WAY too fast for Lars' skills, and they cleverly edit his psychoticly out-of-sync bassdrums out of the mix on all the songs. good job, mr. marketing executive! but they couldn't edit Kirk's multiple fuck-ups during the by far EASIEST song of the whole show: For Whom the Bell Tolls. for fuck's sake, if i was in front of 40.000 screaming fans, filming a DVD and broadcasting the show worldwide i would have at least some respect for all those people and play as good as i can, but i guess fame and arrogance have taken their toll. Hetfield's vocals are also weak, and generally the band sounds loose as hell, the best thing about the Metallica part is of course James' guitar playing which is great as usual. the version of the song "One" proves every negative things i said about the Metallica show: if you notice carefully, the part right before the machine gun riff sounds without bass drums. they edited them out because they were embarassingly out of time.

they were completely underwhelming, and the latter part of this DVD sucks hard. if on the other hand they made a DVD of the Accept show in Istanbul or Bucharest it would have been infinitely better, but it's cold hard money we're talking here, not artistic dedication and fulfillment :

apart from Anthrax's show, this is a goddamned overpriced piece of shit.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. instead, compare these two videos, one taken 20 years ago and one from one year ago:

Creeping Death live in Moscow 1991

Creeping Death live in Sofia 2010

the Moscow video isn't without fuck-ups, but it's infinitely better in so many ways, including Jason's devastating vocals which add so much more heaviness to the song.
06.05.2011 - 04:27
Megadeth was the best in my opinion. Metallica wasn't their best but still good. Slayer was okay. Anthrax was the most excited band there and they were the 2nd best in my opinion. Overall
05.07.2011 - 02:32
John Shock
I'd rate it 10 but not for metallica's show but for the other 3 bands! Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer! Metallica are dead to me!
05.07.2011 - 12:36
Rating: 9
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Dave pulled the same trick on Rock In Rio here in Portugal, which was really embarassing and to have that embarassment on DVD is even more embarrassing!

In the last gig with Slayer here, though, a few months ago, he was fine.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.11.2011 - 03:39
I bought the dvd about a year ago and I really enjoy watching this. In my opinion Anthrax had the most energy but I wish they could change their playlist a little. Megadeth was amazing but I wish they could have done the rust in peace album live because It was during the rust in peace tour. Slayer was pretty good. Metallica of course put on an amazing show. But I do wish that James would sing a bit more like he used to, not saying there's anything bad with how he sings. Overall an amazing dvd and I'm glad I let that out.:dshy:
01.01.2012 - 04:54
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 05.07.2011 at 12:36

Dave pulled the same trick on Rock In Rio here in Portugal, which was really embarassing and to have that embarassment on DVD is even more embarrassing!

Sorry, but Rock In "Rio" isn't supposed to be on "Rio" de janeiro - Brazil?
01.01.2012 - 11:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.01.2012 at 04:54

That was the initial premise, but they decided they could do a lot of money in Portugal, so they moved it to here. In 2011, it returned to Brazil and in 2012 is coming back to Lisbon again, with the same bands everytime, Metallica.
----

My Instagram
01.01.2012 - 16:40
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 01.01.2012 at 11:47

That was the initial premise, but they decided they could do a lot of money in Portugal, so they moved it to here. In 2011, it returned to Brazil and in 2012 is coming back to Lisbon again, with the same bands everytime, Metallica.

Everybody loves Brazil..... Just Kidding. By The Way, you will see a lot of crap bands this year, if it's REALLY the same bands.
01.01.2012 - 17:38
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.01.2012 at 16:40

Everybody loves Brazil..... Just Kidding. By The Way, you will see a lot of crap bands this year, if it's REALLY the same bands.

Oh, no, I won't see it this year, not a chance. I won't be there. One time was enough, it's way too expensive and the bands usually suck.
----

My Instagram
01.01.2012 - 17:42
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by BloodTears on 01.01.2012 at 17:38

Written by Guest on 01.01.2012 at 16:40

Oh, no, I won't see it this year, not a chance. I won't be there. One time was enough, it's way too expensive and the bands usually suck.

And how they suck! For me, the best band this year was Slipknot, and I don't like slipknot, not to mention the non metal (or rock) artists...

EDIT: I mean, the previous year!
01.01.2012 - 18:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Guest on 01.01.2012 at 17:42

And how they suck! For me, the best band this year was Slipknot, and I don't like slipknot, not to mention the non metal (or rock) artists...

Who was playing there this year in terms of metal bands, Slipknot and who else? I was hoping for Black Sabbath this year, but of course that is very unlikely.
----

My Instagram
01.01.2012 - 20:11
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Written by BloodTears on 01.01.2012 at 18:02

Written by Guest on 01.01.2012 at 17:42

Who was playing there this year in terms of metal bands, Slipknot and who else? I was hoping for Black Sabbath this year, but of course that is very unlikely.

Hard to say... I saw only some artists on the television. You speak portuguese, don't you? Check in this this site the sections "palco mundo" and "palco sunset". There's many artists mixed, from metal, rock and pop music. Also some brazilian artists/groups not related to rock/metal are included (claudia leitte ), and there's many bands I don't know (COHEED AND CAMBRIA). I saw Metallica, Slipknot, Motôrhead, and System Of A Down, in terms of metal...
01.01.2012 - 20:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Can we trim the quote train please?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.11.2013 - 04:43
Rating: 10
salah mustain
Megadeth's show was the best

Hits total: 20075 | This month: 24