Metal Storm logo
Ozzy - Top Of The Silliness Charts

Hapless rock legend Ozzy Osbourne has been voted Britain's silliest celebrity. The former Black Sabbath frontman has taken the coveted top spot from Tory toff Boris Johnson. The list, compiled from a survey of more than 2,000 people, contains some of the usual suspects: Jade Goody, John Prescott, Prince Philip, etc.

Source: itv.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 23.08.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 22 users
24.08.2006 - 06:40
jadawal
screw ozzy ozbourne
24.08.2006 - 07:03
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
That title or whatever you may call it does not mean anything. Some people just like to criticize Metal GOD Ozzy Osbourne for taking part of a TV program and exposing his way of life. Screw it I would say. Saying: "screw Ozzy Osbourne" is saying: "screw Metal", because of the great importance he had in setting standards to what Metal is right now, along with the rest of the guys in Black Sabbath. More respect please.
----
Christless
24.08.2006 - 19:44
dancingdecember
well screw YOU i say.we owe much to ozzy.if they didnt do it someone else would but in this world its ozzy and sabbath.respect..
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
25.08.2006 - 00:54
Damnated
Churchburner
I respect his work with Black Sabbath, but his solo carrier is a joke. His TV show reveals that he's just another money-hungry old fart, who can't even raise a couple of children. He was never a metal god, he turned away from that.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.08.2006 - 03:14
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Crazy Train, I Don't Know, Mr. Crowley, Believer, Mama I'm Coming Home, are songs which aren't not even close of being a joke. About his life, he can do whatever he wants with it, it doesn't have anything to do with the music. Now, about his music: first sentence I wrote in this very some post.
----
Christless
26.08.2006 - 10:15
Damnated
Churchburner
But then again, he is the siliest person, not musician. They looked at hos life and said 'silly'
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.08.2006 - 16:05
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
And I looked at them and said: "ignorant assholes".
----
Christless
27.08.2006 - 01:13
Damnated
Churchburner
Why are they ignorrant? Ozzy is silly. He can't even talk atm. Isn't that silly?
----

31.08.2006 - 05:49
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
They are ignorants and assholes:

Assholes: Those which, even when knowing the importance of Ozzy Osbourne in Metal, through shit at him as if he was just a worthless human being. My respect for all he did in Metal makes me want to defend him each time I see someone bashing him. People do not have to agree with everything that he has done, that is granted; it is not as if we have to bow over every single thing he has done but at least show some respect at him.

Ignorant: Those who voted by just knowing Ozzy from the TV show and who "ignore" what he did for music.
----
Christless
09.10.2006 - 23:40
Ozzy_in_my_heart
Account deleted
Ozzy rulessssss
07.12.2006 - 18:04
jadawal
I can say screw who I want, you the ignorant one Darth Satan, It's only my opinion, as most other people have already figured out. And in my opinion, I hate Ozzy Osbourne, well his music anyways. Black Sabbath was good, but his solo career is the shits for music.
12.12.2006 - 09:19
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by jadawal on 07.12.2006 at 18:04

I can say screw who I want, you the ignorant one Darth Satan, It's only my opinion, as most other people have already figured out. And in my opinion, I hate Ozzy Osbourne, well his music anyways. Black Sabbath was good, but his solo career is the shits for music.

My whole argument comes from the lack of respect to Ozzy that for example you, in here, are showing towards a Metal legend such as Ozzy Osbourne. My respect for Metal encourages me to show respect towards such an important figure as Ozzy Osbourne regardless of finding some aspects related to him as acceptable or not. But then again, because he was involved in this TV program, because he runs up this concerts that have those bands that "true" Metalheads don't like, and because of those other projects he held that some people dislike, they have the right to throw everything this Metal God did for Metal and us Metalheads, right? I think not.

Yes, his solo works are stupid and worthless and that is why only bands that come to represent the same: worthlessness and lameness would have the thought of covering a song from Ozzy's solo works. Thus, we have stupid Nightwish playing stupid "Crazy Train". That is how Ozzy's solo works lack of any importance towards the Metal world. Additionally, Randy Rhoads came to be a very influential guitarist after incorporating Classical influences in his guitar playing and thus being part of the pioneering musicians of Neo-classical Metal; all this within works of Ozzy Osbourne. Also, some musicians have noted Randy as an influence, this is taken from Wikipedia:

"Despite his relatively limited recorded work, Rhoads has influenced many notable guitar players including: Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrell, Alexi Laiho, Jake E. Lee, Brad Gillis, Bret Santti, James Murphy, Yngwie Malmsteen, Slash, Chris Impellitteri, John Petrucci, Tony MacAlpine, Wolf Hoffman, Akira Takasaki, Matthias Jabs, Troy Stetina, Lee Tatler, Paul Gilbert, Matt Tuck, Marty Friedman, Hide, Daron Malakian, Janick Gers, Kirk Hammett, and Buckethead."

But of course, Ozzy's works have shit of importance and yes I am the ignorant.
----
Christless
12.12.2006 - 22:16
jadawal
Yikes, if you care that much to write a informative essay to let me know all the facts, I will agree with you. I was just saying in my own opinion just like you have your own opinion, I do not like Ozzy Osbournes music in general, but yes I do agree he was a strong influence in Metal. By saying "screw ozzy osbourne" in my first post I was exaggerating my hate for him.
13.12.2006 - 00:57
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
No prob.
----
Christless
12.04.2011 - 13:10
necrovamp
People get so hung up over bands nowadays, at the end of the day it's their job to make music, we just happen to like it. so what if no one else likes the musicians. a musician is not worth arguing anf fighting about.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
12.04.2011 - 15:50
RavenKing
No need for a verbal fight about an old washed out has-been like Ozzy. Some people are way too oversensitive on the matter and see any criticism, as legit as it is, towards old artists as blasphemy.
Some people will never accept that the 80s are over.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody

Hits total: 2563 | This month: 5