Metal Storm logo
Extreme black metal (non-melodic) bands music that has clean vocal

30.08.2010 - 19:11
FOOCK Nam

Which bands that are straight (at least more or less) extreme black metal but use mixed clean vocal in their music ?. I have gone through Anaal Nathrakh, Emperor.
Notes:
_Dimmu Borgir is more on symphonic with some goth-touch, so not the topic band type.
_Windir is somehow meets but more of melodic, so similar bands are not the desirable type.
_And I like double bass drum.
07.09.2010 - 11:14
Reza
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 30.08.2010 at 19:11

Which bands that are straight (at least more or less) extreme black metal but use mixed clean vocal in their music ?. I have gone through Anaal Nathrakh, Emperor.
Notes:
_Dimmu Borgir is more on symphonic with some goth-touch, so not the topic band type.
_Windir is somehow meets but more of melodic, so similar bands are not the desirable type.

What's your idea about Agathodaimon?
have you heard the song "Body Of Clay" (Agathodaimon - 1999 - Higher Art Of Rebellion)
IMO it's a good instance for this topic.
07.09.2010 - 13:54
The Turbanator

Written by FOOCK Nam on 30.08.2010 at 19:11

Notes:

Top of my head :

Agalloch
In the Woods - Heart of the Ages
Ulver - Bergtatt
Primordial
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
08.09.2010 - 09:19
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Austere's album "To Lay Like Old Ashes" has great clean vocals, the best example being 'This Dreadful Emptiness'.
08.09.2010 - 09:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Turbanator on 07.09.2010 at 13:54

Top of my head :

Agalloch

Okay, help me out... what's extreme black about the music they play? As far as my ears tell me there is no black and no extreme music in their music at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2010 - 09:42
Daniell
_爱情_
Agalloch has nothing to do with black metal, or extreme music altogether for that matter. Ok, the vocals are harsh sometimes, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Agalloch, "Ashes Against the Grain" is among my 10 favourite albums of the last 10 years, but calliing their music extreme? Never.

On topic.

- Keep of Kalessin have used clean vocals on "Kolossus" and "Reptilian".
- Mayhem has clean, whiny vocals in some songs on "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas", especially the title track.
- Akercocke on "Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds that Go Undone"
08.09.2010 - 09:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daniell on 08.09.2010 at 09:42

- Akercocke on "Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds that Go Undone"

But then again that one is death metal
I would only rate their Rape Of The Bastard Nazarene, and The Goat Of Mendes as black metal. But I can't remember if those two have clean vocals on it though.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2010 - 10:04
Daniell
_爱情_
Yeah, hard to call it black. Good stuff though!
08.09.2010 - 10:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daniell on 08.09.2010 at 10:04

Yeah, hard to call it black. Good stuff though!

Brilliant album indeed, also the one after and Choronzon. But then again I am also a sucker for Akercocke's black period.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996