Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - New Album Pushed Back To 2007

Megadeth's mainman Dave Mustaine has told in an interview with Gary Graff that 'United Abominations' is soon at end but it has been pushed back to an early 2007 release via Roadrunner.

"We're putting the finishing touches on it," reports group leader Dave Mustaine, who's also preparing for the Sept. 6 start of the second Gigantour traveling heavy metal festival. "We've got a little more work before it's finished, but it should be out some time next year."

Mustaine says an initial Oct. 31 release date for the album, Megadeth's first as part of a new deal with Roadrunner Records, was "wishful thinking," and both the group and label felt a 2007 release was preferable to November or December of this year.

The singer/guitarist says the album, which he's producing with Jeff Balding, "has a lot of variation on it. It's got some surprises, but there's a really old-school vein to it, I would say." The group has been careful not to rush the album, either, holding sessions in London, Los Angeles and Nashville since earlier this year.

"We're taking our time with this one," Mustaine says. "It's a great feeling to make a record and not have our feet held to the fire. One of my heroes growing up was Kiss, but they really frustrated me 'cause they would put out a record just about every year. I couldn't figure that out. I pretty much have a cycle of about 18 months to 24 months between records. I just can't put them out any quicker than that and feel comfortable about them."

Read more at Billboard.

Source: billboard.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 24.08.2006 by Døc

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 5 users
24.08.2006 - 13:33
RavenLord

Well, as long as they're happy with it, I'm happy. Hmmm...old school, 'Peace Sells..' style?
----
24.08.2006 - 15:56
genocide
Account deleted
They shouldnt have set a date if they were not sure they could meet it. Its just unprofessional, especially for an experienced band like Megadeth. But Im sure it will be worth the wait.
24.08.2006 - 19:42
Daru Jericho

Damn, this means I can't dress up for Mustaine on Halloween :'(
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

24.08.2006 - 20:34
DLMokoma
Account deleted
As long as they release it, it doesn't mind me. I'm patient.

Hits total: 3340 | This month: 3