Poll

Which Bassist you think is better?

Billy Sheehan
Victor Wooten

Total votes: 6
01.09.2010 - 14:27
JD
Account deleted
These are two of my favorite Bass players, actually they helped me alot with there Bass Lessons, i voted for Billy Sheehan because i like his project with Niacin and i enjoy his techniques more than Victor Wooten.
01.09.2010 - 15:32
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I can't vote because I don't know who Victor Wooten is or what band he's been in (or i might know but the name does not ring the bell); please give some extra information.
01.09.2010 - 15:43
vezzy
Stallmanite
Victor Wooten is an excellent bassist, but he has no ties to metal whatsoever. He's predominantly a jazz bassist.
Not sure who to vote for though, both are great.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.09.2010 - 20:10
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.09.2010 at 15:32

I can't vote because I don't know who Victor Wooten is or what band he's been in (or i might know but the name does not ring the bell); please give some extra information.

yeah like what Vezzy says plus check Victor Wooten's videos on youtube.
01.09.2010 - 20:25
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.09.2010 at 20:10

where's K7 when you need him to tell you that you should have extended your presentation, why you make the poll and so on...
01.09.2010 - 21:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 01.09.2010 at 20:25

where's K7 when you need him to tell you that you should have extended your presentation, why you make the poll and so on...

Who is Billy Sheehan ? and Victor Wooten .. metal-archives dont know those , me to
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.09.2010 - 21:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
Billy Sheehan is a bassist who's worked with Steve Vai, David Lee Roth, UFO and others.
Victor Wooten is a jazz, funk and rock bassist who has his solo project and plays in Bela Fleck and the Flecktones as well as other acts.
----
01.09.2010 - 21:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How shood I know it?
I like UFO so, but i doubt I vote
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.09.2010 - 14:52
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.09.2010 at 20:25

Who's K7
19.09.2010 - 16:09
vezzy
Stallmanite
Bad English, I think.
----
19.09.2010 - 16:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by vezzy on 19.09.2010 at 16:09

Bad English, I think.

Yeah it is
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2010 - 05:15
Derwood

While both are very talented, neither of these guys have any real relevance to the metal world. Sure, Sheehan has flirted with metal a bit, but is really a rock musician. It's about as relevant to this forum as asking if we prefer John Entwhistle or Les Claypool.

\
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
20.09.2010 - 08:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Derwood on 20.09.2010 at 05:15

While both are very talented, neither of these guys have any real relevance to the metal world. Sure, Sheehan has flirted with metal a bit, but is really a rock musician. It's about as relevant to this forum as asking if we prefer John Entwhistle or Les Claypool.

\

Les Claypool is more relevant to metal than Sheehan cause Claypool at least played in a thrash band... remember The Sane Asylum by Blind Illusion?
And the first three Primus albums (Suck On This, Frizzle Fry, Sailing The Seas Of Cheese) are metal too, albeit funk metal, but metal nonetheless.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2010 - 14:58
JD
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 19.09.2010 at 16:09

Bad English, I think.

Yeah Yeah Right... K in russian and 7 in spanish or something like that now i remember xD
21.09.2010 - 07:37
Derwood

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.09.2010 at 08:35

Les Claypool is more relevant to metal than Sheehan cause Claypool at least played in a thrash band... remember The Sane Asylum by Blind Illusion?
And the first three Primus albums (Suck On This, Frizzle Fry, Sailing The Seas Of Cheese) are metal too, albeit funk metal, but metal nonetheless.

I hate to admit it, but the only two things that come to mind when I think of Claypool are "Winona's Big Brown Beaver" and the theme song for South Park. I never got into Primus and I have no recollection of ever having heard of Blind Illusion. I may have to go dig up an early Primus album or two.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!