Metal Storm logo
Therion - Live Shows Cancelled

Official press release

The tour schedule has changed: The shows in Caracas (Venezuela), Chihuahua and Puebla (both Mexico) have to be cancelled and the show in Santiago de Chile has moved to the Teatro Caupolican. In Europe there will be an additional show - on the 11th of December Therion will play in Istanbul, at Refresh the Venue (which is really named like that).

The following message is from Christofer: "We are very sad to announce that the shows in Chihuahua and Puebla in Mexico have been cancelled. The situation with the drug cartels is becoming worse and worse in the north and the local authorities strongly advise against playing concerts in Chihuahua (and of course Monterray which also has been rumoured we would be playing), so the national promoter in Mexico has decided to cancel Chihuahua as the safety of the band, crew and fans cannot be guaranteed at this point. The Puebla festival has also been cancelled due to some sort of drug cartel related civil unrest problems.
There seems to be no risk for the remaining shows in Mexico and the band hope that there will be other shows to replace the cancelled ones in other parts of the country.

Seems like the world is going crazy at the moment, as the Caracas show in Venezuela will be cancelled as well. Local promoter is having economic problems and didn't want to risk fucking everything up from what I've heard. So better to cancel and try to replace it with another show in some other country than to risk standing there with thousands of fans buying tickets and maybe making a long journey from another city just to end up with no show happening. We hope we will be able to do Venezuela some time in the future, we were really looking forward to playing there."

Source: megatherion.com
Band profile: Therion
Posted: 02.09.2010 by Dominus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 177 users
02.09.2010 - 12:46
Aetherius
Wow, sucks when they have to cancel a show becuase of something like this -.-
02.09.2010 - 17:33
Brekke K'ktus
Pfiew! When I saw the headline - "live shows canceled" I was all like - please don't be me don't be me don't be me!
----
"We gladden the raven"
02.09.2010 - 21:42
ylside
staff
Written by Brekke K'ktus on 02.09.2010 at 17:33

Pfiew! When I saw the headline - "live shows canceled" I was all like - please don't be me don't be me don't be me!

Was thinking the same !
03.09.2010 - 02:56
WAR

I hate to be Mexican now
The fucking government should do something to eradicate drug cartels.
03.09.2010 - 04:02
Fuck at least there WAS a show, here everything related to metal is forbidden ,
FUCK FUCK FUCK !
03.09.2010 - 05:21
Symmachus
It really sucks about the cancelled shows. At least cancelling shows beforehand due to dangerous conditions is better than going through with the plans and having something bad happen.
03.09.2010 - 06:18
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
It's really sad to read something like this, the situation with the druglords (that word it's quite cool, maybe I'll write a song about this hahaha) is really dangerous, people dies all day and all night here because of the war for power of this people, and I think that maybe Therion won't be the last band to do something like this :s
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.09.2010 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Europian shows hardly arec canneceld if there no seriuss reaosn so ... its america and sa who's moustly canceled
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2010 - 07:09
BMR Monkey
Its because here in mexico its almos normal to wake up a notice that a drug cartel kill some artist, i happens to everyone here, inocent people, artis, Government people, everyone dies here everyday

Hits total: 3445 | This month: 6