04. Afterglow
05. Polizei
06. Sleepless
07. Tombstone
08. Kingsize
09. Rot'n'Roll
10. Rat Pack
11. Helltrain

"Punk ass Rot n Roll" is what the guys from Helltrain call themselves. It seems like every band these days wants to call themselves something new, I mean, it doesn't matter if their music is original or not, as long as they don't fall under the regular music categories and they are named different from the masses.

Helltrain plays speedy rock n roll/punk music with metal influences and growls. This idea is nothing new and Entombed for example, have been one of the first bands to come up with the idea of mixing rock/punk music with metal when they created the whole "Death n Roll" style. Although here I must say that Helltrain is more of Punk or Rock music with metal influences rather than metal, which I must admit is still a little bit original.

I think that the album cover is the best tool to review this album. On the cover we see the picture of one of those speedy American cars. The cover is very simple and I honestly think that even my 10 years old little brother could have designed something better than this, and he wouldn't even take any money. Maybe it's an idea to introduce my brother to them next time.

Anyway, to get back on topic and about the album, I have to say that it actually sounds exactly how the album cover looks like. The music is very simple and monotonous. The feeling you get when you listen to the album is also exactly what you see on the cover, you feel like you are sitting in a fast speedy car which just drives through a speedway over and over again. You must be very strong if you manage to not get a headache and not get sick and throw up.

The music is very easy listening and once again, just as easy as sitting in a fast racing car and just push the pedal and hold the steering wheel. In the album we also find some words like: 666, Hell and Devil, while in my opinion the music remains somehow happy and very "friendly", the band have probably thought they can use some of these words to sound cool and get some more attention and sell a couple of more records.

For the final words, I don't recommend this album to anyone. Yeah sure there are probably some people that would enjoy this, but I personally don't want to recommend this to anyone and end up being cursed for it.

Written by Azhidahak | 06.11.2004

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 39 users
02.09.2010 - 20:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Hmm... saw it at disc-go-round thought it was black metal so didnt even look at it will now though... see if its cheap. Btw in the Us it has a different cover
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.09.2010 - 21:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Boxcar Willy on 02.09.2010 at 20:50

Hmm... saw it at disc-go-round thought it was black metal so didnt even look at it will now though... see if its cheap. Btw in the Us it has a different cover

Why would you think it was black metal? Just one look at the cover and band logo dispels that option I would say.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2010 - 23:58
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2010 at 21:24

Written by Boxcar Willy on 02.09.2010 at 20:50

Why would you think it was black metal? Just one look at the cover and band logo dispels that option I would say.

it had a differnt cover that was more dark and nasty, plus just reading the tracklist...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
03.09.2010 - 00:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
The cover looks absolutely nothing that could be related to a black metal band (unless you're really anti-conventional).
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.10.2023 - 17:08
Nejde
CommunityManager
Stumbling upon these old reviews from when Metal Storm was in it's cradle is kinda funny. Here we have a review trashing an album that actually is really good (if you like this kind of music of course). It's catchy as hell, no pun intended. If you don't dig "Route 666" and "The Helltrain Coven" you need to get your hearing checked. And at the same time this review seems to be written by someone who's in middle school, maybe it's ghost written by the reviewer's 10 year old little brother. I'm thankful for the talented reviewers we got today.

Hits total: 3587 | This month: 7