Witch song are bether?

Black Sabbath
Heaven And hell
Bouth

Total votes: 118
17.05.2006 - 19:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I want open this pool long ago, but I read there ne MSv3 so I open it now.
Bout songs are simmilar.
1)Bouth are firts songs from Black Sabbath firts albums in diferent era.
Black Sabbath are first Black Sabbath album and firtsh whit Ozzy
Heaven And Hell are firts whit Dio.

2)Bouth Songs are similar in guittar riffs
In Begining its slow,a nd last part of song are faster, but Black Sabbath are more doom metal, but heaven and Hell are heavy metal.

3)Bouth Albums are reaised in new decade

4)tThere are similarities in lyrcis:

Here are Lyrics:

Black Sabbath

What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me
Turn around quick, and start to run
Find out I'm the chosen one - Oh no!

Big black shape with eyes of fire
Telling people their desire
Satan's sitting there, he's smiling
Watch those flames get higher and higher
Oh no, no, please God help me!

Child cries out for his mother
Mother's screaming in the fire
Satan points at me again
Opens the door to push me in
Oh No!

This is the end my friend
Satan's coming 'round the bend
people running 'cause they're scared
You people better go and beware!
No! No! Please! No!

Heaven And Hell

Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker
So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell, oh well

The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
I can tell, fool, fool!

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on, on and on and on....

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well
And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!
Fool, fool!
You've got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!
Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!

Please wote and coment, not whoteing if no coments
Thenx

So what you think about songs?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.05.2006 - 02:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
im gonna go with heaven and hell, i just love dio
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.05.2006 - 04:10
Avenant
Profane Seraph
First off, what's the point of a "both" if you ask which people prefer?
But I like the old black sabbath... Dio was awesome, but it doesn't have the cult status that Sabbath had while with Ozzy.
20.05.2006 - 10:05
Metalforos666

My friend are you comparing THE song album "Black Sabbath" with "Heaven and Hell"?
there is no comparison between them
Heaven and hell is good but Black Sabbath is the beggining of everything
Only for this i voted Black Sabbath
----
www.myspace.com/metalforos
22.05.2006 - 00:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Metalforos666 on 20.05.2006 at 10:05

My friend are you comparing THE song album "Black Sabbath" with "Heaven and Hell"?
there is no comparison between them
Heaven and hell is good but Black Sabbath is the beggining of everything
Only for this i voted Black Sabbath

Man there are similarities, listen it, but before do it drink lil bit, I hear similarities, abdout them I explain in my firts post, and there are some more similarities what cant I explaun in english
Well good chose man but bouth songs are great, but after Dio, its end of Black Sabbath
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2006 - 23:55
Lupas
Maximus
@K7 , here i'm with Avenant , if i vote to Black Sabbath , whats the point to argument .

But as you said these two songs are alike
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
15.07.2006 - 00:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lupas yes this is amty tread because maybe people dont like so old metal, thay arent whit old school metal, for them that time are like mistery, I never had live in those days but video, bocks, pics take me therre Hope Ozman and Richard post something here.
----

apos;'
[image]
15.07.2006 - 02:28
Endoftherainbow

Black Sabbath is a great Sabbath record but for me Heaven and Hell is an almost flawless record which for me is better then Black Sabbath. In the vocal department Ronnie James Dio does alot better job for me then Ozzy does. The songs on Heaven and Hell are also more complex then those on Black Sabbath and it's an album for Black Sabbath that is going back to their roots because it doesn't have all the experimental things they were doing with all the albums before Heaven and Hell. With all this being said I have alot more respect for the album Black Sabbath then I do Heaven and Hell because it started it all and I am a huge fan of all the Sabbath records with Ozzy on them but Heaven and Hell is a hard record to beat.
15.07.2006 - 13:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
A total no-brainer no-contester for this poll. Black Sabbath of course. I do love Dio's voice and his work with Rainbow and his solo work, but never found him fitting for Black Sabbath's dark sound. Dio's vocals are way too powe rmetal to fit in with Black Sabbath/s dark and brooding sound. And I ALWAYS hated Heavn and Hell, I find it to be THE most overrated metal song ever. That song puts me to sleep every time I hear it, and then especially the lvie version of it where you have that drawn out mindnumbingly boring sing-along part.

So, once again... Black Sabbath withotu a second of a doubt.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2006 - 16:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2006 at 13:50

A total no-brainer no-contester for this poll. Black Sabbath of course. I do love Dio's voice and his work with Rainbow and his solo work, but never found him fitting for Black Sabbath's dark sound. Dio's vocals are way too powe rmetal to fit in with Black Sabbath/s dark and brooding sound. And I ALWAYS hated Heavn and Hell, I find it to be THE most overrated metal song ever. That song puts me to sleep every time I hear it, and then especially the lvie version of it where you have that drawn out mindnumbingly boring sing-along part.

So, once again... Black Sabbath withotu a second of a doubt.

I love Dio work in Elf, rainbow(hate whit out Dio) and Dio solo are great, but about Black Sabbath well he maybe lil biut start to take band to power, pop, but Tony Martibs voice are more power metal voice how Dio, and I like BS whit Dio, but whit Ozzy more, specely early albums.
----

apos;'
[image]
15.07.2006 - 18:21
Richard

I agree with Ozman. The lyrics to Heaven And Hell are really poor too - "Sing me a song, you're a singer"?! Oh dear! Black Sabbath (the song) is a classic, ahead of its time and very influential. Although I like some of the 80's Sabbath albums, they were kind of copying the bands they'd originally influenced at that stage, which was a shame.

Dio's vocals are way too powe rmetal to fit in with Black Sabbath/s dark and brooding sound.

Generally speaking, that's true - however, I think Dio does a great job on Sabbath's 'Dehumanizer' (1992). It's much darker than Heaven And Hell and Mob Rules, and Dio adapted his voice accordingly, singing in a slightly lower register than he usually does.
----
15.07.2006 - 19:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 15.07.2006 at 18:21

I agree with Ozman. The lyrics to Heaven And Hell are really poor too - "Sing me a song, you're a singer"?! Oh dear! Black Sabbath (the song) is a classic, ahead of its time and very influential. Although I like some of the 80's Sabbath albums, they were kind of copying the bands they'd originally influenced at that stage, which was a shame.

Dio's vocals are way too powe rmetal to fit in with Black Sabbath/s dark and brooding sound.

Generally speaking, that's true - however, I think Dio does a great job on Sabbath's 'Dehumanizer' (1992). It's much darker than Heaven And Hell and Mob Rules, and Dio adapted his voice accordingly, singing in a slightly lower register than he usually does.

About lyrics dunno, if I wrote something simmilar its be a masterpiece, still it are better how my lyrics and I never had har Dehumizaer, are there video from trat album
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/80smetalmusicvideos/BlackSabbath.html here its nothing, but whit Toni Martins well if Black sabbath sing songs about love how I hate it, love and Black Sabbath, wtf Toni Iommi think when kick Ozzy out of BS.
----

apos;'
[image]
02.08.2006 - 03:53
Thrash666

Black Sabbath all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
16.11.2006 - 13:27
Bankler
Account deleted
Black sabbath is doom!
16.11.2006 - 14:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.11.2006 at 13:27

Black sabbath is doom!

WOW someone dig this pool somewhere in last pages
All firts BS albums are doom metal and exept song ''Paranoid''
----

apos;'
[image]
16.11.2006 - 15:01
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Black Sabbath is by favourite album by them, the title track is among the scariest shit ever, N.I.B. is a truly awesome song, The Wizard, well, generally speaking, every single song on "Black Sabbath" is a classic... about Heaven And Hell, I like Dio and admire him, but I agree with Ozman with the fact that he's not the perfect vocalist for such a dark band like Black Sabbath... he's the king of happy metal, though.
16.11.2006 - 15:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.11.2006 at 15:01

Black Sabbath is by favourite album by them, the title track is among the scariest shit ever, N.I.B. is a truly awesome song, The Wizard, well, generally speaking, every single song on "Black Sabbath" is a classic... about Heaven And Hell, I like Dio and admire him, but I agree with Ozman with the fact that he's not the perfect vocalist for such a dark band like Black Sabbath... he's the king of happy metal, though.

Good rewiew my freind but I think Hapy Music kind was Bon Jovi he smile more how Dio
----

apos;'
[image]
16.11.2006 - 15:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 16.11.2006 at 15:06

Written by Guest on 16.11.2006 at 15:01

Good rewiew my freind but I think Hapy Music kind was Bon Jovi he smile more how Dio

How the fuck do you dare to name the unnammable in the same post than king Dio???? heretic!
17.11.2006 - 02:47
danzig111
Account deleted
well.....though Ozzy suited Black Sabbath much better than Ronnie James Dio, I'd have to go with "Heaven And Hell" because well, I don't really like my Metal slow-paced
17.11.2006 - 03:51
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I voted for Black Sabbath. The s/t is my favorite Ozzy-era Sabbath album (Master of Reality & Paranoid come close) at them moment. Overall, Black Sabbath (the song) is more dark and i prefer Ozzy as the vocalist. Like someone mentioned, with Ozzy the band had more of a 'cult' status.
17.11.2006 - 04:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Without a doubt I voted for Black Sabbath. Heaven and Hell is alright I guess, but I agree with Ozman about it being totally overrated. Black Sabbath just has more of an atmosphere than Heaven and Hell.
30.12.2006 - 19:02
BrightNight

I voted for Black Sabbath. Heaven and Hell is a superbe track (and so is the album) and its the best work with Dio on it.

But there is nothing on the world that can compere to the track Black Sabbath. "Black Sabbath" is the essence of Heavy Metal. Its the beginning of metal.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
01.01.2007 - 06:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Um...Black Sabbath is a great doom metal innovation and really stands out a lot more then Heaven And Hell...
02.01.2007 - 19:46
alkatraz
Account deleted
Well, I voted for both, the reason is that the two songs are in a diferent sabbath eras, the one with Ozzy and on the other hand the Dio years. the both song got theyr own carisma the both singers too. It's true that i'm not a die hard fan of Ozzy but even if I was I'll never post things like: ... happy metal or .... slow-paced. It's just not fair, think of that, what about if Dio was the firs voice of sabbath instead of Ozzy what you'll thing than ... ?!
18.01.2007 - 00:41
Ultraraw
Account deleted
Black Sabbath is the best band.Ozzy solo are great.Ozzy music-70 milion records sold worldwide-speaks for itself
18.01.2007 - 19:38
Fade-To-Black86
Account deleted
For me:

Heaven and Hell

Reasons:
- Black Sabbath, until the outro, is boooooring
- Heaven and Hell has a master riff, a great guitar work from Iommi in the solos, a better Outro, with splendid roars from Dio (impossible power to Ozzy), more variety, etc.

Resumen: Heaven and Hell is catchier and better technically. When it comes to compare music, I really don't care about the history that Sabbath could have made and the style they had have until Dio's era

PD: Dio'Sabbath has better themes, like Sign Of The Southern Cross or Die Young. Ozzy'Sabbath has thousands of better themes than the mentioned Black Sabbath.
18.01.2007 - 22:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.01.2007 at 19:38

For me:

Heaven and Hell

Reasons:
- Black Sabbath, until the outro, is boooooring
- Heaven and Hell has a master riff, a great guitar work from Iommi in the solos, a better Outro, with splendid roars from Dio (impossible power to Ozzy), more variety, etc.

Outro Boring man IMO aoutro are good, fats, heavy and so good, like Heaven and Hell, but for 60ties its masterpiece and so good and IMO ist first song who starts so slow like Doom and ends so fats
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2007 - 18:20
Fade-To-Black86
Account deleted
No, no, dude, I said, UNTIL the outro is boring, which means that the OUTRO IS THE BEST PART of the song, the rest is boring.
Anyway, Heaven and Hell's outro is better, it's less crazy but shows better performances from every member of the band.

"IMO ist first song who starts so slow like Doom and ends so fats "
Maybe it is, but man, I really don't care I like many Doom songs, but this is waaaay too much doom, doom to the extreme of boring.

"but for 60ties its masterpiece"
for 60ties? well, IMO, a masterpiece is a masterpiece, it doesn't matter in what time it was created. And I know a lot of songs from 60's which can be named "masterpiece" in these days, of course, Black Sabbath is not one of them (IMO).
19.01.2007 - 19:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.01.2007 at 18:20

No, no, dude, I said, UNTIL the outro is boring, which means that the OUTRO IS THE BEST PART of the song, the rest is boring.
Anyway, Heaven and Hell's outro is better, it's less crazy but shows better performances from every member of the band.

"IMO ist first song who starts so slow like Doom and ends so fats "
Maybe it is, but man, I really don't care I like many Doom songs, but this is waaaay too much doom, doom to the extreme of boring.

"but for 60ties its masterpiece"
for 60ties? well, IMO, a masterpiece is a masterpiece, it doesn't matter in what time it was created. And I know a lot of songs from 60's which can be named "masterpiece" in these days, of course, Black Sabbath is not one of them (IMO).

I dont agree because IMO al song are good so doom, so slow so emotiomal and intresting I wanna hear morse songs like it
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2007 - 20:55
necrovamp

Thats a hard one, I like 'ozzy' earer songs better but the fact that heaven and hell are actully touring hm they do have more rock oreintated songs though, and catcyier. well im gonna have to say both dude, its just too hard to pick between the 2.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface