Metal Storm logo
Firewind - Unveil More Album Details

Greek melodic metal phenomenon Firewind has returned with the scathing new studio album effort Days of Defiance, which is easily their defining musical moment. The much anticipated disc is set for an October 25th release in Europe, as well as an October 26th release in North America. Days of Defiance is a truly ambitious and dynamic opus featuring some of the most brilliant guitar playing the genre has seen in many years.

The striking cover artwork was designed by the band's longtime partner in all design matters, Gustavo Sazes, and can now be viewed here.

Firewind's guitarist and songwriter Gus G., currently on tour with Ozzy Osbourne in Europe, checks in with the following comment about the album and its artwork: "I'm very excited and cannot wait for our fans to listen to our new album! We feel we've captured great performances and took our songwriting to the next level on this one. There's tons of cool guitar on there and I believe Bob has finally managed to reach warp-speed with his keyboard solos! Even more seriously, I highly recommend that you listen to this album at a very loud volume.

As for the artwork, it was once again done by our visual wizard and webmaster extraordinaire, Gustavo Sazes. This time we asked Gustavo to come up with a great landscape scenery, with a more traditional approach and even get the "pencil" style of artwork on there, but also combine it with more modern stuff. So, he gave us that... with a slight futuristic, sci-fi element and I think the end result is stunning!"

Click here to view an album trailer, featuring a short advance clip of the new "World On Fire" video.

Days Of Defiance [cover art] tracklist:

01. The Ark Of Lies
02. World On Fire
03. Chariot
04. Embrace The Sun
05. The Departure
06. Heading For The Dawn
07. Broken
08. Cold As Ice
09. Kill In The Name Of Love
10. SKG
11. Losing Faith
12. The Yearning
13. When All Is Said And Done
14. Riding On The Wind [iTunes Exclusive]

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Firewind
Posted: 04.09.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 67 users
04.09.2010 - 15:58
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Very nice artwork. I like the cover a lot. Let's hope the album is as good.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
04.09.2010 - 22:41
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

Mega excited...sucks to be in the u.s. tho...month late
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
05.09.2010 - 05:52
Symmachus

The album artwork is wonderfully executed.
05.09.2010 - 12:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Good album art...wonder about music
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.09.2010 - 15:31
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Nice album art. In a way, it's still corny, imo.

Hits total: 2342 | This month: 2