02. Hold Us Down
03. Way To Nowhere
04. Back Again
05. Angel Dust
06. In Your Arms
07. Melody Of Pain
08. Leader Of The Gang
09. Pussy Sisster [bonus]

Really now, if you ask me the glam metal scene as a whole has never really been a breeding pool for exorbitantly brilliant music. Ok, I suppose there were a couple bands that are still pleasant to listen to, but they were definitely a minority. I can also understand people listening to those bands for nostalgia's sake. What I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to a new band - playing exactly the same old music - that would have been sub-par many years ago.

Perhaps one could make a case for Pussy Sister being awesome party music. You know the kind of party where lots of underage boys "rock out" to "old school music", drink about four times the amount they can hold and then proceed to spread out their drinks over the floor again, then a fat, desperate chick or two comes along and tries making out with the first of the aforementioned boys that isn't too drunk to push her away, as soon as he wiped the former contents of his stomach off his face. Yeah we've all been at those parties and we know it wasn't pretty, but hey, there are people who're still into that sort of stuff. If you're one of them I won't judge you for it, I will however recommend Pussy Sister to you.

To be fair, the band at least doesn't play sloppy. A few of their compositions even get close to being catchy. So if you're really desperate for a band that tries to play it like the original glam and sleaze rock band did, Pussy Sister actually isn't a bad bet for your next concert. Everyone else shouldn't really have any reason to listen to these guys, you can just as well listen to your old Mötley Crüe and Twisted Sister records (or even Poison for all I care).

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 3
Originality: 3
Production: 6

Written by Bas | 06.09.2010

Comments

Comments: 24   Visited by: 216 users
06.09.2010 - 19:25
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
With a name like that, you know it's bound to suck.
06.09.2010 - 19:32
vezzy
Stallmanite
Seems to me like a joke band.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
06.09.2010 - 19:38
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I agree that the good glam bands are a minority in the scene(most of them are a pile of cheesy shit) but theres actually some really good new Sleaze metal bands out there. Crashdiet, Vains of Jenna, Panzer Princess, thats about all i can vouch for, but these bands dont sound exactly like the older bands, they all have a unique sound.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
06.09.2010 - 20:08
Fat & Sassy!

This is one of the most accurate reviews I have ever read. The second paragraph is awesome.
07.09.2010 - 01:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Read the name, assumed the worst, saw the 4, gave myself a pat on the back for my ESP.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.09.2010 - 02:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Even being a glam fan, I have to admit this is shit.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.09.2010 - 02:30
RavenKing

Written by Guest on 06.09.2010 at 19:25

Indeed. Anyway, glam always sucked and will always suck. It's retarded music made by retarded people with a retarded attitude. Glam always made me sick even more than pop music. Fucking garbage I always looked at with utter contempt.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
07.09.2010 - 02:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
@hidden, totally agreed with. I have always utterly and totally despised glam. Both the music and what it stood for. There is not single good glam band around. Yes, also Motley Crue sucked donkey balls all of the time. Why do you think they cancelled loads of tours on mainland Europe? Yep they thought they could play 10000 seaters when in fact they couldn't even sell out a 400 capacity club on mainland Europe.
Where the hell is Paul Baloff with his "kill any poser you see near you" attitude. Yes the word POSER was originally used to refer to glam metal poodles.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2010 - 04:26
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2010 at 02:54

Yes the word POSER was originally used to refer to glam metal poodles.

But Marcel, I thought you were a fan of Twisted Sister back in the day
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
07.09.2010 - 05:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daggon on 07.09.2010 at 04:26

I actually began to appriacte Twisted Sister much later. And although they looked glam their music sure as hell wasn't. Glam wasn't only the looks. It was also the lifestyle and music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2010 - 05:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Dee Snider is too intelligent for glam.

Always thought of TS as hard rock/heavy metal anyway...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.09.2010 - 09:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2010 at 05:25

Written by Daggon on 07.09.2010 at 04:26

I actually began to appriacte Twisted Sister much later. And although they looked glam their music sure as hell wasn't. Glam wasn't only the looks. It was also the lifestyle and music.

It's strange, I considered myself an avid glam fan, but most of my favourite bands that I thought fit into that genre aren't really considered glam. Bands like Lizzy Borden, WASP, Twisted Sister, etc. With new glam like this it's almost being separated just as much, you get bands like this, then there are bands like Hardcore Superstar, who touch on that whole lifestyle quite a bit, but don't exactly celebrate it, it's almost discussed in their lyrical content in almost a remorseful manner. I have no idea where I'm going with this.
----
- George Carlin
07.09.2010 - 14:29
RavenKing

Written by Doc G. on 07.09.2010 at 09:11

It's strange, I considered myself an avid glam fan, but most of my favourite bands that I thought fit into that genre aren't really considered glam. Bands like Lizzy Borden, WASP, Twisted Sister, etc. With new glam like this it's almost being separated just as much, you get bands like this, then there are bands like Hardcore Superstar, who touch on that whole lifestyle quite a bit, but don't exactly celebrate it, it's almost discussed in their lyrical content in almost a remorseful manner. I have no idea where I'm going with this.

I consider those bands as heavy rock or hard rock, not glam rock like Motley Crue or Poison.
By the way, I use the term glam ROCK, not glam METAL for the obvious reason that glam metal doesn't exist. Glam is not metal but mainstream commercial bullshit.
----
07.09.2010 - 14:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Somethin weird withthe quoting happened there
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2010 - 20:23
Rating: 4
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by vezzy on 06.09.2010 at 19:32

Seems to me like a joke band.

Unfortunately they aren't.
Written by AngelofDeth on 06.09.2010 at 19:38

I agree that the good glam bands are a minority in the scene(most of them are a pile of cheesy shit) but theres actually some really good new Sleaze metal bands out there. Crashdiet, Vains of Jenna, Panzer Princess, thats about all i can vouch for, but these bands dont sound exactly like the older bands, they all have a unique sound.

Yeah I don't think it's all bad either, last year I reviewed a pretty good album by a new sleaze band, they didn't sound like the older bands either though. We might have found a pattern here
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.09.2010 at 20:08

This is one of the most accurate reviews I have ever read. The second paragraph is awesome.

Thanks, it's nice to know people got the drift of my picturesque description^^
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
07.09.2010 - 21:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious

Ive never really been a glam fan, aside from a very brief time before I got into metal. And even then, it was only 2 or 3 bands, rather than the whole genre itself. The only bands today which I am a fan of that some connected with the glam scene are W.A.S.P. and Guns N' Roses. To me, GNR were never really glam, and I never understood why some lumped them into that scene. Their music had an aggression and attitude that never really fitted with glam. Same kinda thing with W.A.S.P., although their image was quite glammish, and some of their lyrical content certainly fitted the glam stereotype. And Inside The Electric Circus is for the most part, glam. (Its probably not a coincidence that this album is the one by W.A.S.P. I like the least) But W.A.S.P.'s music always had an edge to it, and a meanness that was abscent in most other glam bands.

As for this album, going by the band name, and the review, I think I'll give it a miss. Not my thing at all.
07.09.2010 - 21:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
GnR never were glam. Maybe at times their image was only a bit glam-esque (I think hair is more accurate here), but nothing to do with it whatsoever.
----
07.09.2010 - 22:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by vezzy on 07.09.2010 at 21:58

GnR never were glam. Maybe at times their image was only a bit glam-esque (I think hair is more accurate here), but nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Well, if you saw old pictures of the band and listened to the old stuff, then yes, it was glam. But by old stuff I mean REALLY old stuff, the stuff that was only recently released as "Hollywood Rose - The Roots Of Guns N Roses", which was the most primitive line up of the band and I suppose shouldn't even be considered GnR.

But this is getting off topic, if you want to continue this discussion feel free to quote me over to the GnR thread.
----
- George Carlin
07.09.2010 - 23:32
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2010 at 14:38

It's fixed now.

On a sidenote, I ued the term 'glam rock' in my previous posts but I normally never use it. I call this shitty genre cock rock.
----
08.09.2010 - 07:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by RavenKing on 07.09.2010 at 23:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2010 at 14:38

It's fixed now.

On a sidenote, I ued the term 'glam rock' in my previous posts but I normally never use it. I call this shitty genre cock rock.

Cock Rock, Glam Rock, Hair Metal, Poser Metal, it's all one and the same thing
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2010 - 14:19
vezzy
Stallmanite
You sure that's the only poser metal?
----
09.09.2010 - 12:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Glam/hair is the one and only original true poser metal.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2010 - 16:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast

aside from imagery, i cannot think of any reason to consider Lizzy Borden or WASP glam. i thought they were glam too until i listened to them.

as for this record, sounds fun, i might download it sometime, if only to get a good laugh haha.
25.09.2010 - 04:13
advent

Written by Guest on 06.09.2010 at 19:25

+1

Hits total: 12389 | This month: 7