Metal Storm logo
Gallhammer - Part Ways With Guitarist, Prepare To Enter The Studio

Peaceville Records press release

Tokyo's Gallhammer are currently working on new material for the follow-up to 2007's Ill Innocence, & will enter the studio in October to record what Vivian Slaughter (bass/vocals) describes as an album of "strange & psychedelic experimental sounds of doom".

It has also been announced that guitarist & vocalist Mika has left Gallhammer to concentrate on her other band, whilst Vivian & Risa (drums) continue as a duo. You can now follow Gallhammer at their new Twitter page which will be constantly updated with band news & progress.

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Gallhammer
Posted: 07.09.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 55 users
07.09.2010 - 20:28
vezzy
Stallmanite
Good news.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
07.09.2010 - 20:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Oh my God this terrible band is about to record another horrible album. If it weren't for the fact the band are an all-girl Japanese band no labelin its right mind would have signed them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2010 - 21:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.09.2010 at 20:52

Oh my God this terrible band is about to record another horrible album. If it weren't for the fact the band are an all-girl Japanese band no labelin its right mind would have signed them.

Too true. Hideously overrated.
07.09.2010 - 21:43
The Technogoat
The Technogoat
I enjoyed the "Ill Innocence" album but it did have a couple of ropey moments. The Peaceville compilation "The Dawn Of..." was alright too I thought, but some of the metal press do seem to get their panties in a twist over this band. I suppose their sexuality and nationality are something of a unique selling point in metal...
----
Human, all too fucking human.
07.09.2010 - 22:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by The Technogoat on 07.09.2010 at 21:43

I enjoyed the "Ill Innocence" album but it did have a couple of ropey moments. The Peaceville compilation "The Dawn Of..." was alright too I thought, but some of the metal press do seem to get their panties in a twist over this band. I suppose their sexuality and nationality are something of a unique selling point in metal...

They are. I enjoy their music, I like the raw jaw-clenching aggression, but I amongst the group of people that just doesn't get the uber-hype.

Their guitarist quit, eh? I once played a guitar, I suppose that makes me a good candidate for a replacement?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.09.2010 - 15:45
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
No! Who is going to equal Mika's virtuoso guitar playing and soprano voice now? If it weren't for the other two talented musicians left I wouldn't have faith of having another opus of pure brilliance and genre defining music put within the promise of this new release.
----
Christless

Hits total: 3082 | This month: 6