Metal Storm logo
Dark Funeral - Also Drummer Leaves The Band

Turns out that Dark Funeral is more like a sinking ship than a thriving black metal band these days. After vocalist Emperor Magus Caligula (his mommy calls him Magnus Bromberg) announced his departure in July, followed by bassist B-Force only a month later, also drummer Nils Fjellström is now leaving the group. You may remember Nils Fjellström from the Monday news report where he announced his split from his other band Aeon.

Here's the official word from founding member Lord Ahriman (his driver's licence says Micke Svanberg): "Recently, you could read about Nils "Dominator" Fjellstrom's departure from Aeon due to personal/private reasons. Today we can confirm that he'll no longer be part of Dark Funeral either. And just like Aeon, we won't comment on this subject any further.

With that being said, I/we see no reason to waste any time here. Besides a new vocalist, we are currently looking for a new drummer too. If you do believe that you have what it takes for the job, please send us a brief introduction and some audio/video files/links of your performance to: vocalist [at] darkfuneral [dot] se

With the recent departures from the band I/we understand if this may cause some worries and/or confusion amongst you all, but you can be rest assured that everything is under total control! It's not like anyone have left the band on bad terms, but unfortunately, sometimes things like this is inventible, and needs to happen to secure the survival of a band. And there is absolutely no doubt in my/our mind that once the new line-up is complete. We will be a stronger and better band than ever.

Musically we will continue in the same paths. I'm still main responsible for all the song writings, incl. the drums. So you have nothing to worry about there. However, a new line-up will naturally color the sound in some ways, but I'm totally confident that it will only be for the better.

I've recently started writing and demoing new stuff in my home studio. And just like I - and guitarist Chaq Mol (his supermarket loyalty card says Bo Karlsson) - did when I/we worked on the pre-production for Angelus Exuro pro Eternus, I'm not only nailing down the guitar parts, I'm also programming the drums. So far it sounds totally fucking killer (of course!). However, at this point it's obviously still too early to say in what direction we'll be heading with the new material/album. We'll keep everything "wide open" until the new line-up is complete. And once complete, we'll continue to work on the new album as a full band. And this time I hope that everyone will be able to contribute with some killer material to make this to the best and strongest Dark Funeral album to date!"

Source: darkfuneral.se
Band profile: Dark Funeral
Posted: 08.09.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 198 users
08.09.2010 - 15:54
vezzy
Stallmanite
*waits for Bo Karlsson to leave as well*
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.09.2010 - 17:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band is falling apart
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.09.2010 - 17:12
Vombatus
Potorro
"Musically we will continue in the same paths. I'm still main responsible for all the song writings, incl. the drums."

Well, it's clear why they're all leaving
08.09.2010 - 17:41
dodstink

Color the sound. You must greyer the music to create the macabre atmosphere that involves Dark Funeral usually.
08.09.2010 - 18:38
Jiri

Their only hope now is to chose Jiri as their new vocalist.
08.09.2010 - 19:32
Slayer666

So, if all of them left..... who stayed?
08.09.2010 - 20:01
vezzy
Stallmanite
Bo Karlsson also stayed... for now.

I'm betting he's gonna leave as well soon.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.09.2010 - 20:33
ashadows92iq

Wtf ?
I bet the guitarist won't make it to the next week !!!
09.09.2010 - 00:14
RavenKing

This band is going nowhere. Not that it ever went anywhere, anyway.
I won't miss them the day they call a quit.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
09.09.2010 - 00:15
Ted
Account deleted
Hhhh
09.09.2010 - 00:24
Symmachus

Dang, three members leaving in three months. To say the least, that is not a situation that any band would want to be in (unless if the band is a collective, then it might not be as bad).
09.09.2010 - 02:23
Baz Anderson

The point that a lot of people are missing, is that the actual band has nothing to do with the drummer leaving. He left Aeon for the same reason. It is obviously something personal that is drastic on his side, nothing relating to the band apparently "falling apart"...
09.09.2010 - 06:16
Got Mayhem?

Written by Jiri on 08.09.2010 at 18:38

Their only hope now is to chose Jiri as their new vocalist.

Jiri doesn't have the Time for that.

Get it? Because Jiri almost looks like Jari?

Fuck..it's late.
----
09.09.2010 - 09:25
Aetherius

Dam, so what are they going to do now lol
15.09.2010 - 13:11
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
Thats Sucks He was a Good Drummer

Hits total: 6164 | This month: 9