Metal Storm logo
Grave Digger - Have New Video Online

German power metal veterans Grave Digger have shot a music video for the track "Highland Farewell", from the upcoming new record The Clans Will Rise Again, to be released in Europe by Napalm Records on October 1st 2010. Check out the clip below.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Grave Digger
Posted: 11.09.2010 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 101 users
11.09.2010 - 15:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Woah, Grave Digger go folk metal! lol Great song, though I still miss Manni Schmidt... The video was cheesy in a good way, and HP was funny. Love the ending were he's standing over all the dead. xD
11.09.2010 - 15:18
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Why do metal bands even make videos (okay - record label, promotion etc) when they are all of the same mold and are neither inventive or interesting to watch?
And the song isn't much better than the video, imho.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
11.09.2010 - 15:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Its record companies that decide whether a band makes a video or not, I think. Its just part of the promotion.
11.09.2010 - 17:00
RavenKing

The song is listenable but unoriginal, basic and boring as always. I heard worse from this band but they will never do anything groundbreaking or even good. The expression to describe this band, imo, would be "consistency in mediocrity". Always the same, not completely sucky, while at the same time never really good. Always equal in its triviality.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
11.09.2010 - 17:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by RavenKing on 11.09.2010 at 17:00

The song is listenable but unoriginal, basic and boring as always. I heard worse from this band but they will never do anything groundbreaking or even good. The expression to describe this band, imo, would be "consistency in mediocrity". Always the same, not completely sucky, while at the same time never really good. Always equal in its triviality.

As is typical of European power metal. Even many lesser known acts are the same, but people won't realize it.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
11.09.2010 - 17:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by vezzy on 11.09.2010 at 17:16

Written by RavenKing on 11.09.2010 at 17:00

As is typical of European power metal. Even many lesser known acts are the same, but people won't realize it.

My god... words just fail me
11.09.2010 - 17:25
vezzy
Stallmanite
I know, I know, opinion and taste, as always.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
11.09.2010 - 17:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by vezzy on 11.09.2010 at 17:25

I know, I know, opinion and taste, as always.

Yep, it is indeed.
11.09.2010 - 18:38
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I enjoyed both the video and the song! I love the bag pipes, they sound so good with grave diggers music.
11.09.2010 - 22:02
YoreLore

Always the same people insulting this band on the news here whats the point in commenting.

Great song , I must love mediocrity
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
12.09.2010 - 10:36
BudDa

Didn't Grave Digger find a second guitarist replacement in the names of Axel Ritt? Why isn't he featured in this video?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
12.09.2010 - 11:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by BudDa on 12.09.2010 at 10:36

Didn't Grave Digger find a second guitarist replacement in the names of Axel Ritt? Why isn't he featured in this video?

hehe The guitarist in the video IS Axel Ritt. Thilo Hermann was only in the band for a short time, and was fired because Chris Boltendahl felt the band was better with one guitarist. Leaving Manni Schmidt as the lone guitarist once again. Thilo was never replaced. Axel Ritt wasn't instated as a new 2nd guitarist, but as a replacement for Manni who left the band in October of last year due to musical differences with Chris. Axel is now the sole guitarist in the band.
12.09.2010 - 11:34
BudDa

Written by Angelic Storm on 12.09.2010 at 11:17

Written by BudDa on 12.09.2010 at 10:36

hehe The guitarist in the video IS Axel Ritt. Thilo Hermann was only in the band for a short time, and was fired because Chris Boltendahl felt the band was better with one guitarist. Leaving Manni Schmidt as the lone guitarist once again. Thilo was never replaced. Axel Ritt wasn't instated as a new 2nd guitarist, but as a replacement for Manni who left the band in October of last year due to musical differences with Chris. Axel is now the sole guitarist in the band.

Oh. Ok, Thanx..I always thot they had two guitarists. Pity
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
12.09.2010 - 15:48
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 12.09.2010 at 11:17

Axel Ritt wasn't instated as a new 2nd guitarist, but as a replacement for Manni who left the band in October of last year due to musical differences with Chris.

I wonder if Manni left because he was sick of the totally stale state of the band and the fact they repeat themselves to death, so he wished to bring something new to the table. If it's the case, let's say the band missed an opportunity to get out of the 80s in which they are stuck and evolve a tiny bit, something at which they always totally failed.
----
12.09.2010 - 15:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 12.09.2010 at 15:48
I wonder if Manni left because he was sick of the totally stale state of the band and the fact they repeat themselves to death, so he wished to bring something new to the table. If it's the case, let's say the band missed an opportunity to get out of the 80s in which they are stuck and evolve a tiny bit, something at which they always totally failed.

Well, he was with them for nearly 10 years, and surely knew the band's music/albums before he joined. So I find it hard to believe that he didn't enjoy Grave Digger's music. All I know about his leaving, is that he had "disagreements" with Chris. (the vocalist) Though it is perhaps true that he wanted them to do something new, and left because that wasnt what Chris wanted for the band.
12.09.2010 - 16:00
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 12.09.2010 at 15:56

Well, he was with them for nearly 10 years, and surely knew the band's music/albums before he joined. So I find it hard to believe that he didn't enjoy Grave Digger's music. All I know about his leaving, is that he had "disagreements" with Chris. (the vocalist) Though it is perhaps true that he wanted them to do something new, and left because that wasnt what Chris wanted for the band.

Perhaps after 10 years of doing the same thing over and over, he wanted something new. But I think it will never happen because Bolthendal's vision, about metal, is too narrow and stuck in the past.
----
12.09.2010 - 16:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 12.09.2010 at 16:00
Perhaps after 10 years of doing the same thing over and over, he wanted something new. But I think it will never happen because Bolthendal's vision, about metal, is too narrow and stuck in the past.

That is perhaps the case, although there's been no detailed reason given for why he left. Of course, it'd be kewl if the band tried something new, and I wouldnt be against them doing that. Though as Ive said before, bands really cant win no matter what they do. There'll always be someone complaining about it. People bash bands for incessantly sticking to one style, but there's just as many people who bash bands for changing their style. You cant please everyone.
12.09.2010 - 16:59
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 12.09.2010 at 16:28

Though as Ive said before, bands really cant win no matter what they do. There'll always be someone complaining about it. People bash bands for incessantly sticking to one style, but there's just as many people who bash bands for changing their style. You cant please everyone.

In Grave Digger's case, I think a change in style/direction can't hurt.

I totally agree, however. Bands can't please everyone and there will always be people who will criticize, no matter what they do.
----
12.09.2010 - 22:56
mikeprado30

I agree with the point given by Hidden, more in these times there's no band that pleases everyone, and this was confirmed for myself when I saw people that didn't enjoy the MAJESTIC Blind Guardian's new album
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
13.09.2010 - 02:21
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Wow this is terrible!!! Utterly plain and boring music. Grave Digger have been so bad since they played a more heavy metal approach.
13.09.2010 - 02:33
RavenKing

Written by Dark Cornatus on 13.09.2010 at 02:21

Wow this is terrible!!! Utterly plain and boring music. Grave Digger have been so bad since they played a more heavy metal approach.

What I really think of Grave Digger is they have interesting ideas lyrically, conceptually and as of imagery. Problem is the music is boring and bland. If this band could bring the music to a higher level (something comparable to Hansen-era Helloween or Gamma Ray), it could be a very interesting Power/speed Metal band. But, instead of doing it, they please themselves playing basic old outdated metal that is repetitive, unoriginal, predictable and, in the end, utterly forgettable.
I find it sad because if the music would be at the same level as the lyrics/concepts it could be great. I see this band as a waste of potential, interesting ideas spoiled by musical mediocrity.
I really tried to get into it because I liked the concepts and imagery but the music is way too boring.
Standard Heavy Metal belongs to the 80s and should be left there.
----
14.09.2010 - 02:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by RavenKing on 13.09.2010 at 02:33

Written by Dark Cornatus on 13.09.2010 at 02:21

What I really think of Grave Digger is they have interesting ideas lyrically, conceptually and as of imagery. Problem is the music is boring and bland. If this band could bring the music to a higher level (something comparable to Hansen-era Helloween or Gamma Ray), it could be a very interesting Power/speed Metal band. But, instead of doing it, they please themselves playing basic old outdated metal that is repetitive, unoriginal, predictable and, in the end, utterly forgettable.
I find it sad because if the music would be at the same level as the lyrics/concepts it could be great. I see this band as a waste of potential, interesting ideas spoiled by musical mediocrity.
I really tried to get into it because I liked the concepts and imagery but the music is way too boring.
Standard Heavy Metal belongs to the 80s and should be left there.

Well said my friend

Hits total: 3095 | This month: 5