Metal Storm logo
Rage Against The Machine

Original post

Posted by Hembrom, 25.08.2006 - 11:09
I knew it , searched this topoc in Alternative metal forum and didnt able to find the thread of RATM ( Rage Against The Machine ). I still remember that last time in old MS forum it was me who created the RATM thread

An absolute kickass band with rap vocals and metal influence. The title album RATM is the best by them. Unfortunatly they have 3 full length release and they are among few of those bands with small carrer.I still enjoy the RATM song , and the videos awesome ... killing in the name of , bullet in ur head are few of the good and memorable videos i still enjoy and even suggest people to watch the demonic waves of RATM.

Any fans ??
10.10.2008 - 20:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.10.2008 at 17:56

Written by LeChron James on 10.10.2008 at 05:05

i know, curse my age. thats the one thing i find unfortunate about being young nowadays, all my music was made BEFORE i knew about it. i suck.

Man, tell me about it... I can't even go to some concerts just because this goverment is so gay than I can't be there just because i'm not 18 and some alcohol places are around that specific place. What a gay reasons since there a lot of people that get drunk at my age. [No.. I'm not like that, that's why it feels horrible for me]

And about the band... I remember listening them some years ago and I didn't like them that much and deleted the music.
But now... I listened some tracks from their s/t.. Damn, what a fucking atmosphere, really agressive and energic music.
I have to get back the music that I deleted, lol

well at least sweden isnt germany strict when it comes to music. cannibal corpse cant play anything from their first 3 albums, but im sure you probably knew that

and yeah, one of my friends started getting into them and whenever we would kick it and smoke bud, we would listen to Rage. some of the best music to listen to stoned. that and Windir...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.10.2008 - 20:58
marillionfan
Account deleted
I only enjoy their debut; on their next releases, they just struggled to match the success of their amazing debut IMO. Still, good music. But their debut album is groudbreaking.
16.10.2008 - 09:35
Murder
I listen to this guys when I was 14 or 15... some of their songs still like me...
04.11.2008 - 22:38
benvolent
So I confess they were my absolute heroes in the age of 16, but, well, they have a special groove! Can't deny that. Agreeing on the debut is just cult, I still listen to evil empire now and then, which is my favorite release by RATM.
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
06.11.2008 - 01:42
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Everyone I know argues with me about me liking Evil Empire more than the s/t but you know what I don't care! In my eyes I see their second release being better than the first!
06.11.2008 - 12:00
benvolent
It is better! Not so straight composed like the first, but therefore a lot more originality - I love the influence of south american rhythms on this album. And, hey, Revolver and Snakecharmer are still killertracks!!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
25.01.2009 - 03:07
Gigginova
Account deleted
I think they're great. The rap vocals can put you off at first......but overall wow, I love what they stand for and the sound, it's so solid. I liked "The Battle Of Los Angeles" the best out of all their albums.
27.01.2009 - 13:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 10.10.2008 at 20:39

well at least sweden isnt germany strict when it comes to music. cannibal corpse cant play anything from their first 3 albums, but im sure you probably knew that

Actually that ban has been lifted quite some time ago. The ban was officially lifted in June 2008.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.01.2009 - 02:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I heard their new single...it's really terrible...not at all up to par with any of their earlier work...
28.01.2009 - 03:16
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.01.2009 at 02:21

I heard their new single...it's really terrible...not at all up to par with any of their earlier work...

What?
they broke up.
lol.

unless you mean Audioslave.
28.01.2009 - 06:12
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 28.01.2009 at 03:16

What?
they broke up.
lol.

I think they reunited to go on tour. They may have become a band again though
----
Coldgrits
29.01.2009 - 04:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They are a band again...they have an album out or just a new single or something...
29.01.2009 - 07:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 28.01.2009 at 03:16

What?
they broke up.
lol.

Rage Against The Machine were touring again last year.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.02.2009 - 16:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They probably came through here but I missed them because I didn't even know...
17.02.2009 - 19:03
Frankenchrist
Gah, one of my favorite bands of all time. Zack's stage presence is beastly!
----
Blat Blat
22.04.2009 - 20:30
Winterfog
Killing in the name of... what a song!
25.06.2011 - 16:48
JD
Account deleted
Fuck the police
09.07.2011 - 18:14
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Great band.
Not only was their music good but what they stood for and tried doing was even better. Stood up the the US Government and I give them all the props in the world for doing so.