Metal Storm logo
Rage Against The Machine

25.08.2006 - 11:09
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I knew it , searched this topoc in Alternative metal forum and didnt able to find the thread of RATM ( Rage Against The Machine ). I still remember that last time in old MS forum it was me who created the RATM thread

An absolute kickass band with rap vocals and metal influence. The title album RATM is the best by them. Unfortunatly they have 3 full length release and they are among few of those bands with small carrer.I still enjoy the RATM song , and the videos awesome ... killing in the name of , bullet in ur head are few of the good and memorable videos i still enjoy and even suggest people to watch the demonic waves of RATM.

Any fans ??
26.08.2006 - 03:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I personally don't think they ae metal. For me this threadshould be in the rok forum.. Anyway i like what I have seen and heard, teh videos and singles that sounded in radio. I need to explore more of them, but I have liked it a lot!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.08.2006 - 16:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Typo in the title.

i like their self-titled album. Other then that, I haven't heard much and don't like much too.

But they are a good band, stand for some energetic music.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.08.2006 - 02:28
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 26.08.2006 at 03:24

I personally don't think they ae metal. For me this threadshould be in the rok forum.. Anyway i like what I have seen and heard, teh videos and singles that sounded in radio. I need to explore more of them, but I have liked it a lot!

dude...what fucking difference does it make what genre forum This Topic is under? does it really bother you that much?....dont be Lame....anyways Rage was a Tight Band...they do one of the Best Minor Threat Covers i've ever heard
27.08.2006 - 04:56
LethargyMan

RATM is a damn good band when you want something a bit funkier in your music. I go back and listen to their first album every now and then.

And on a related note... Audioslave totally blows.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
27.08.2006 - 21:43
Thryce
Retired Staff
I'm not really a big fan of their music. For me their best album was their self-titled album from 1992. Actually I don't really like them anymore nowadays (but I never really did)...

BTW HembRom (as Nervel already mentioned) there's a small typo in the title of this thread
----
Your favorite band sucks.
27.08.2006 - 21:45
Basso
Account deleted
Theese guys rock. Bulls on Parade , Killing in The name of, Testify!? You name it they have awesome songs.
27.08.2006 - 21:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Someone has to do something about the thread title. It is not A-G-A-I-A-N-S-T.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.08.2006 - 08:26
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Lucas on 27.08.2006 at 21:59

Dude its write , From official website (logo) :

28.08.2006 - 21:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Hembrom on 28.08.2006 at 08:26

Written by Lucas on 27.08.2006 at 21:59

Dude its write , From official website (logo) :

It is NOW. I swear it used to say 'Rage agaianst. With the second 'A'.
----

29.08.2006 - 08:00
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
^
29.08.2006 - 12:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Dorky intro: I still remember my classmate asked me in the first year of high school what rage against the machine means (to translate it in slovenian). my version was: when windovs sux and you wanna trash your pc!

Anyway, I'm not exactly the obsessed fan of RATM but they are really really gewd. Their music is like a funky fusion of hard rock and monetarilly rapcore. Personally I like their albums Rage Against The Machine and The Batlle of Los Angeles. Funkyyyyyy n' bling bling

And besides, Wake Up will always reamin the matrixish for me... I remember leaving a place once in winter and this song just came up as I was leaving and I was wearing the Neo-black-long-coat and all I needed was some sun glasses and I'd be perfect
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
31.08.2006 - 12:03
Endoftherainbow

Some pretty topnotch music. I used to like this band alot actually I just watched their dvd again today for the first time since I got it. It's been awhile since I've gave these guys a listen though aside from that. My favorite Rage album is the self-titled one because its probably their most aggressive release. Songs like Bombtrack, Take the Power Back, Bullet in the Head, Know Your Enemy, and Killing in the Name are such memorable tracks aswell. Also Tom Morello's guitar style was so innovative and unique especially when it came to his solos. Brad Wilks was also a great bass player.
31.08.2006 - 12:13
Throne of Rats

RATM Fucking rule!!
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
10.09.2006 - 15:58
LUNATIC666
Account deleted
I only want to say: I listen r.a.t.m. for about 14 years, and I'm happy...
14.09.2006 - 01:25
addiction

rage were one of the best bands ever imo. they are the first band i was obsessed with and they oppened the way for me to get into metal music.

p.s.

this is for those saying that audioslave are not good especially compared to rage: they are not the same people!!!! the band didnt even try to make the same style of music. it's ridiculous to compare them and it is even more ridiculous to say bad things about a band you never even gave a chance to. cause everybody is judging them from 1 or 2 songs.
audioslve are an amazing band and they are really good live!
anyway i just had to say this.....
----
alive in the superunknown
25.09.2006 - 21:07
Klaara
Account deleted
I'm their fan too. I don't mind rap in hard'n'heavy music (if it is done well and fits to the music, I'm open to everything), although many metalheads do. But I'm not ashamed of listening to them. Politically I don't agree with all of Zack's opinions, but music is good. My favourites are Sleep Now in the Fire, Guerilla Radio, Testify, Microphone Fiend, Killing in the Name, Renegades of Funk ... and Fuck tha Police, especially that Zack's spoken intro to this song
I'm a big fan of Tom Morello too. He's a wizard with his guitar and I admire his style.

And Audioslave... Oh yesss... Beautiful music. Guitars are still the same style as RATM and I like Chris Cornell's vocals (except when he tries to rap and imitate Zack, see Live in Cuba DVD).
25.09.2006 - 22:53
Necronomicon
Account deleted
i love them!!! the rap and distortion guitar is really nice together!!!
but it is cool that so many metalheads like RATM
26.09.2006 - 00:31
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Probably the most overrated band on Earth... can't stand their music, can't stand their pose, I just hate RATM
26.09.2006 - 17:36
Necronomicon
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.09.2006 at 00:31

Probably the most overrated band on Earth... can't stand their music, can't stand their pose, I just hate RATM

Cant stand their pose what do you mean they dont pose!
05.10.2006 - 05:05
Winter Death
Account deleted
I don't know if the band is overrated, but I think Tom Morello is. He was damn good on the first album but after that things went downhill. Sound effects and goofy noises are not worthy of "guitar god" status.
13.10.2006 - 14:19
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Classic band, but as winter death said, perhaps a tad overrated.
14.10.2006 - 01:17
tulkas
el parcero
I used to listen to them some time ago, until I lost the only cd I had. Anyway, I liked the band, I think they had a great sound and some agressiveness in their music, which I really liked.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.10.2006 - 04:57
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
Yes I remember, it was 6 years ago. I was 12 years old and in turkey in some local CD-Store.
I didn't search for something special, just got new into hip hop and searchd for some music.
Than I saw "The Batlles Of L.A" and was impressed by the front cover and gave it a try at the store.
But what I heard was more than hip hop, it was fucking BRILLIANT!
I didn't care what this kinda music was or still is, for me it's crossover, anyway, back than I was fucking blown away by "Gueriall Radio" and that's still one of my all time fav. songs!

I love Rage Against The Machine and I show them much respect everytime when I listen to a song where guitars are used, because it was this band, who showed me the world of rock and metal.
10.11.2006 - 21:02
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Sleep Now In The Fire is one of my alltime favorite songs. I also love the video, what do you think about it?
11.11.2006 - 06:38
MigraineBoy

RATM was the first band I began to listen seriously. Will always have a special place in my head.

And I love Sleep now in the fire's video, the band in suits, the faces of the people, the policeman trying to turn off Tim's bass and Mr Moore gets arrested! Has it all!
----
Is only wrong if you don't get it!
26.01.2007 - 05:23
LethargyMan

NEWS from blabbermouth;

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65922

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Managing Itself For Upcoming Reunion - Jan. 25, 2007

Hits Daily Double reports that the reunion of RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, who will appear at this summer's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, follows a winding road that included an aborted Zack de la Rocha solo project, and the three remaining members ? Tom Morello, Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford ? forming AUDIOSLAVE with Chris Cornell. The band will manage itself, with Dan Field handling the solo work of Morello, Wilk and Commerford and William Morris' Sara Newkirk overseeing de la Rocha. If the group goes on to record a new album, presumably it would be on Epic. If they did decide to tour together, it would be huge.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's headlining performance at this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival was confirmed earlier in the week by press representatives for the festival. The political rap-rock act, which was one of the biggest acts of the '90s, played Coachella's main stage during the festival's first edition in 1999. The group broke up in 2000 after three studio albums, one collection of covers and one live set.

The rumor mill is abound!

Any thoughts?
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
29.01.2007 - 11:15
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
^ Thats good news
29.01.2007 - 13:28
lordz
IzZo
thats amazing news.... this band is the SHIT... fucking awsome... maybe a little overrated and I think its because of the band's political views and the drama they caused when they were together ... how many times did these guys get arrested?????

but still for me they are one of the top creative and original bands!!
13.03.2007 - 00:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
frankly i really dont like these guys.....well actually pretty much just Zach De La Rocha, I used to listen to them because i thought they were rebelious because they talked about sticking it to corperate america and stuff, then i realized how hypocritical that was considering they were signed to a major record label, sold a song to that tony hawk video game, and also sold the rights for a song for the matrix soundtrack, am I the only one that thinks these guys are kind of hypocrites?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin