Metal Storm logo
Rage Against The Machine

Original post

Posted by Hembrom, 25.08.2006 - 11:09
I knew it , searched this topoc in Alternative metal forum and didnt able to find the thread of RATM ( Rage Against The Machine ). I still remember that last time in old MS forum it was me who created the RATM thread

An absolute kickass band with rap vocals and metal influence. The title album RATM is the best by them. Unfortunatly they have 3 full length release and they are among few of those bands with small carrer.I still enjoy the RATM song , and the videos awesome ... killing in the name of , bullet in ur head are few of the good and memorable videos i still enjoy and even suggest people to watch the demonic waves of RATM.

Any fans ??
13.03.2007 - 03:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Dr.Rock: I think it's the message and the idea behind the music that counts more than what the band actually does itself...in order to get the message of rebellion and sticking it to the man out there to the masses, they're getting in the inside of the system...a lot of bands with the same ideology are doing the same thing and we don't call them hypocrites...the fact that companies are letting the message of anti-corporatism be leaked through a mass media device is fascinating...
13.03.2007 - 05:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
but one live show I hear Zach say "we would be selling t-shirts but we dont want to be supporting corperate america bullshit" I just find that kind of ironic.

And if what your saying is true, than why was it nessisary to sell a song to THQ and the matrix movie? rather than just selling there music?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.03.2007 - 00:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Alright, well that IS ironic then...no, it isn't necessary to sell a song to THQ and the Matrix movie at all...

Still though, I listen to RATM also for their sick bass lines and such...they have groovy and really rhythmic bass lines...hell, I was so inclined to learn all of them...
16.03.2007 - 19:16
Kideias
Account deleted
they are one of my
favorite bands ever but i think now with the reunin that is 4 money .rage against the sellouts. i am very sorry.but anyway i hope that something good wiil come of this
18.03.2007 - 18:45
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, most bands get back together because of the money which isn't really a bad thing...that's why most of the bands that are reforming this year are getting back together...I mean, if you had a band that was really big once and decide to get away from it in order to pursue other projects that make some good money and then after awhile realize that it really isn't working out well, but then you have this other band from your past that did really well and can reform it anytime to make a buttload of money, wouldn't you do it?
18.03.2007 - 23:59
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
I like Rage Against The Machine. Their older stuff is better though, besides the fact that they arent really new...
19.03.2007 - 01:27
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Listening to their self-titled debut right now. I am a fan. I am not on top of all of their political ideas and such, but I quite enjoy the music. The mix is grand, and pulled off well. High quality music.
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.03.2007 - 03:29
Judas
The Amputator
Back in the day, before I got into Metal, they were my favourite band. I still listen to them from time to time, the political ideologies are carried across powerfully with the venom in Zach de la Rocha's voice while rapping/screaming. The music itself is still pretty cool, it doesn't get old at all, and I'm pretty excited at their reunion, I just hope they come to Australia!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
07.04.2007 - 21:56
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I think its just a bunch of white guys playing crap (aka rap) with guitars, with punkish lyrics (yeah yeah we are so against the system,) perhaps they are the nuest nu metal band I know of =P
----
24.10.2007 - 11:01
Opium
Account deleted
Giving these guys a listen again for nostalgic purposes, I miss being 12 and full of energy
24.10.2007 - 16:10
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Guest on 24.10.2007 at 11:01

Giving these guys a listen again for nostalgic purposes, I miss being 12 and full of energy

These days I actually listen to them for the same purpose, except for me it takes me back to the age of 14!

Having said that, I still was annoyed when I couldn't get tickets to Big Day Out at the Gold Coast for January. They're the only reason I wanted to go.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
24.10.2007 - 18:29
m3ta1he4d
I'm into RATM since the beginning of their career.. I like almost all of their albums.. The self-titled album, Evil Empire, Renegades, and The Battle of LA.. Songs like Bombtrack, Bulls on Parade, Guerrilla Radio, etc. are outstanding..
25.10.2007 - 02:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I liked this band when I first heard them many years ago, and to this day I still play The Battle of LA and Evil Empire. Zack's vocals are so energetic and Tom Morello obviously is a creative guitarist. I still don't have their self-titled album though. I need to get that.

Down Rodeo is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard. Actually, that was my first RATM song.
25.10.2007 - 08:42
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Judas on 24.10.2007 at 16:10

Written by Guest on 24.10.2007 at 11:01

These days I actually listen to them for the same purpose, except for me it takes me back to the age of 14!

Having said that, I still was annoyed when I couldn't get tickets to Big Day Out at the Gold Coast for January. They're the only reason I wanted to go.

Haha, yeah, I'm contemplating seeing them down here, though I don't think I will, having seen the ridiculous prices for the tickets
25.11.2007 - 01:25
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 25.10.2007 at 02:27

I liked this band when I first heard them many years ago, and to this day I still play The Battle of LA and Evil Empire. Zack's vocals are so energetic and Tom Morello obviously is a creative guitarist. I still don't have their self-titled album though. I need to get that.

Down Rodeo is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard. Actually, that was my first RATM song.

Plan on getting it soon, pyro?

How about a list of fave songs by everyone that's still a fan?

If so, how much should we limit it to? 5?
25.11.2007 - 02:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Sadly, I don't see myself getting that album in the near future. Maybe I'll just download it or something whenever I buy a computer. As for my top five, I don't think I can easily make one. Down Rodeo is #1 though.
25.11.2007 - 15:46
Syk
myspace/bonerama
LOL I wouldn't even be able to pick 5 from just the debut album... and that's where all my favourites would come from
Know Your Enemy is however likely my #1...
I still need to get Evil Empire I know Parade is a very famous song but honestly I cannot put a tune to it. No idea how it goes.

Damn, I wrote that post without listening to these guys for months and months... I just went through all my fav tracks and the quality seems much lower than I remember. Bullet in the Head or Ashes in the Fall may be my #1s now but it's still quite hard to choose. Also yet to listen to the covers album I bought over a year ago
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
25.11.2007 - 19:34
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Syk on 25.11.2007 at 15:46

LOL I wouldn't even be able to pick 5 from just the debut album... and that's where all my favourites would come from
Know Your Enemy is however likely my #1...
I still need to get Evil Empire I know Parade is a very famous song but honestly I cannot put a tune to it. No idea how it goes.

Damn, I wrote that post without listening to these guys for months and months... I just went through all my fav tracks and the quality seems much lower than I remember. Bullet in the Head or Ashes in the Fall may be my #1s now but it's still quite hard to choose. Also yet to listen to the covers album I bought over a year ago

Haha! "Know Your Enemy" is my #1 too

Make it 10 then?

Renegades is still a high quality release, IMO. It's not as good as TBoLA or their selftitled, but it's definitely worth a listen
28.02.2008 - 20:30
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
They're one of my favourite bands in the alternative sound! Their 1º album is a must, an excelent one
!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
03.03.2008 - 21:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.06.2008 - 12:22
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
They simply rule live! Saw them yesterday, in-door, among 17.000 others, and it was really amazing. Unbelievable atmosphere, great live experience, I was impressed.
Rage Against The Machine are now in my Top 5 Best Live Shows, and I am not even a fan. Go figure. And go see RATM live!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
03.06.2008 - 14:14
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Next month I'll have that change! I'm going to see them live and it will be good!!
----
17.08.2008 - 16:44
Opethienne
Account deleted
RATM ruleeee espicially in bass and vocs it's my opinion, they're amazing too and do a nice sound!
06.09.2008 - 15:29
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Click here to see RATM performing A Capella in the middle of the crowd.
----
12.09.2008 - 16:48
Stigma
Account deleted
Argh, still waiting them to come over here.
08.10.2008 - 02:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Killing in The Name Of...is my favorite song by them and i can only imagine how killer they would be live.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.10.2008 - 03:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by LeChron James on 08.10.2008 at 02:42

...and i can only imagine how killer they would be live.

no, you can't You're too young for that to hear it in the early Nineties version live
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.10.2008 - 05:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.10.2008 at 03:21

Written by LeChron James on 08.10.2008 at 02:42

...and i can only imagine how killer they would be live.

no, you can't You're too young for that to hear it in the early Nineties version live

i know, curse my age. thats the one thing i find unfortunate about being young nowadays, all my music was made BEFORE i knew about it. i suck.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.10.2008 - 06:10
Branzig
I enjoy Rage. I think they are a pretty unique band in that they actually take a proactive approach to things by demonstrating and protesting. It's pretty cool to see a band who became so popular still do things of that nature. Plus Zach is a bad ass lol.
----
In Grind We Crust
10.10.2008 - 17:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 10.10.2008 at 05:05

i know, curse my age. thats the one thing i find unfortunate about being young nowadays, all my music was made BEFORE i knew about it. i suck.

Man, tell me about it... I can't even go to some concerts just because this goverment is so gay than I can't be there just because i'm not 18 and some alcohol places are around that specific place. What a gay reasons since there a lot of people that get drunk at my age. [No.. I'm not like that, that's why it feels horrible for me]

And about the band... I remember listening them some years ago and I didn't like them that much and deleted the music.
But now... I listened some tracks from their s/t.. Damn, what a fucking atmosphere, really agressive and energic music.
I have to get back the music that I deleted, lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.