Metal Storm logo
Dååth - Album Cover Art Revealed

US death metallers Dååth have revealed the cover artwork for their upcoming eponymous album. The new album will be hitting the shelves on October 26 via Century Media Records. One of the new tracks, "Destruction/Restoration", is already streaming at this location.

Guitarist Emil Werstler previously said the following about the new material: "I've been listening to the final master of this record for a couple of days now. It is hard to believe that the task has been in process since March. In retrospect, I will say that more sacrifice was put into this record than anything I've ever been involved in. The content is EXTREMELY dark, distraught, and completely honest. The timing is appropriate as well considering how lacking music has been in the creative department for the last year or two.

I'm not hinting that we are going to become some pop culture phenomenon. We have no interest in that. As long as someone completely hates it, loves it or is moved in anyway be it positive or negative, our job is done. We have no interest in middle ground. You would have to be deaf to not hear that."

Vocalist Sean Z. added: "This album will definitely be the most real thing this band has put out to date. It's on a level everyone can relate to. The lyrics have taken a brand new direction and the music compliments the insanity creating a fucking masterpiece of a way different kind."

Dååth [cover art] tracklist:

01. Genocidal Maniac
02. Destruction/Restoration
03. Indestructible Overdose
04. Double Tap Suicide
05. The Decider
06. Exit Plan
07. Oxygen Burn
08. Accelerant
09. Arch {Enemy} Misanthrope
10. Manufactured Insomnia
11. A Cold Devotion
12. N.A.T.G.O.D.
13. Terminal Now

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Dååth
Posted: 12.09.2010 by Ellrohir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 63 users
12.09.2010 - 20:39
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Totally forgot about this band...dont remember if i liked them or not either hah..... ill have to check this out.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
12.09.2010 - 20:45
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Just listened to them again... still not sure if i like them or not.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
13.09.2010 - 02:44
bluegreengod
Account deleted
It's so damn hard to get excited about any sort of release from any sort of american band whatsoever. I'll give this one a chance, but I'm doubtful that it will be worth picking up. Cool cover art, though
14.09.2010 - 01:34
jdsony

^ Agreed. Werstler is a really talented guitarist and I love his use of jazz scales in his solo's but Daath as a band doesn't excite me all that much. His instrumental album has some interesting elements but it's an instrumental album.

I agree about the American bands. There's just a lot of generic boring music coming out.
16.09.2010 - 00:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
New song online through Century Media channel

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3591 | This month: 3