Metal Storm logo
Faith No More - Final Show Announced

Faith No More have announced their final live show and are supposedly breaking up for good afterwards - despite the rumors the band are working on a new album. After a hiatus of eleven years the band reformed in early 2009 for a string of reunion dates.

At the Ilosaarirock Festival in Finland last July, frontman Mike Patton announced it was Faith No More's last appearance together. But the band now announced one more show in Santiago, Chile on December 5 and confirmed this performance will be their last before parting ways for good.

"When we decided to get together, it was to reconnect," says keyboardist Roddy Bottum. "Doing these shows was the only thing we were going to do."

Source: kerrang.com
Band profile: Faith No More
Event: Faith No More
Posted: 16.09.2010 by Array

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 227 users
16.09.2010 - 14:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I'm not too surprised by this news, but I was really hoping for a new album. Ah well...
16.09.2010 - 22:17
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.09.2010 at 14:40

I'm not too surprised by this news, but I was really hoping for a new album. Ah well...

Yeah, and how nice of them to only do one show in the US. I mean, they are only a US band and all. I'm sure they could have done a whole US tour... at least in small venues or something. This news really pisses me off, actually. >:/
16.09.2010 - 22:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Its too bad that they are not thinking of another album and it sucks that I wasn't able to see them but just like Dream Theater, if you are simply going through the motions just to appease the fans, then you should probably not be doing it...based on that, who knows what an album would sound like...
16.09.2010 - 22:27
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
In the words of my sister:
Faith No More is No more.

But seriously, that sucks. Another band bites the dust.
16.09.2010 - 22:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.09.2010 at 22:17
Yeah, and how nice of them to only do one show in the US. I mean, they are only a US band and all. I'm sure they could have done a whole US tour... at least in small venues or something. This news really pisses me off, actually. >:/

They've actually done 7 US shows on this tour, and will be playing there once more before the final show in Chile. Im more surprised they didnt do a full UK tour. This country was always a stronghold for the band, and I remember seeing them twice in a 4 show sold out run at the Barrowlands here on the Angel Dust tour.

It is a real shame they are not continuing. They are one of the most innovative, and talented bands around.
16.09.2010 - 23:43
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.09.2010 at 22:34

They've actually done 7 US shows on this tour, and will be playing there once more before the final show in Chile. Im more surprised they didnt do a full UK tour. This country was always a stronghold for the band, and I remember seeing them twice in a 4 show sold out run at the Barrowlands here on the Angel Dust tour.

It is a real shame they are not continuing. They are one of the most innovative, and talented bands around.

The way I see it... It was 5 shows. Three were in the same place at different nights. Their hometown, which of course... Sold out. Three of the other 4 shows are criminally close to each other too. Basically, they should have made an effort to do a US tour. That's all. Regardless though... I'm still upset about this. Doesn't seem like much of band-get-together to me. It was half-assed and a tease. But oh well, what can ya do? :/
17.09.2010 - 04:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.09.2010 at 23:43
The way I see it... It was 5 shows. Three were in the same place at different nights. Their hometown, which of course... Sold out. Three of the other 4 shows are criminally close to each other too. Basically, they should have made an effort to do a US tour. That's all. Regardless though... I'm still upset about this. Doesn't seem like much of band-get-together to me. It was half-assed and a tease. But oh well, what can ya do? :/

Yep. 4 of the shows were in California (3 in San Francisco), then they played one show in Philadelphia, and 2 in New York. Like I said, Id have expected a UK tour before a US one, and that never happened. lol Yeah, Im upset too. It seems like such a waste. From the live videos Ive seen of them on the reunion tour, they havent lost a step at all. And the band chemistry is definitely still there. I always thought Mike Patton was too much of a free-spirit to commit himself totally to FNM. I know there's nothing in the band's statement that says why they arent reuniting permanently, but Id be amazed if it isn't mainly down to Mike Patton that they can't continue. Ah well..
17.09.2010 - 06:05
Kub

Written by Guest on 16.09.2010 at 22:27

But seriously, that sucks. Another band bites the dust.

They bit the dust long time ago. This is like, I don't know, suicide of a Zombie.
17.09.2010 - 20:28
MrMcSick

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really wanted them to do more US shows. Come on, sigh. Very upsetting.
17.09.2010 - 21:03
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Had to happen sooner or later. Too bad I wasn't able to see them live.. but I didn't like them that much either way.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
18.09.2010 - 00:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
This...This is a bummer, man.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.09.2010 - 21:26
Black Mass

Oh man, devvo

Hits total: 3663 | This month: 3