Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - New Song Available For Streaming

A brand new Cradle Of Filthtrack, entitled "Dirge Inferno", is available for streaming here. The song comes off the British extreme metallers' new album, "Thornography", due on October 16 via Roadrunner Records. The follow-up to 2004's "Nymphetamine", "Thornography" was recorded at Lincolnshire, England's Chapel studios with producer Rob Caggiano and was mixed at Backstage Studios in Derbyshire, England by Andy Sneap.

"Thornography" [cover] track listing:

Under Pregnant Skies She Comes Alive Like Miss Leviathan
Dirge Inferno
Tonight in Flames
Libertina Grimm
Byronic Man
I Am The Thorn
Cemetery And Sundown
Lovesick For Mina
The Foetus Of A New Day Kicking
Rise Of The Pentagram
Under Huntress Moon
Temptation

The narraration for "Thornography" was once again laid down by Doug Bradley (a.k.a. "Hellraiser"'s chief Cenobite, Pinhead), who has previously worked with the group on "Her Ghost in the Fog" and "Swansong for a Raven".

On the subject of the album's musicial direction, Cradle Of Filth guitarist Paul Allender recently told Terrorizer magazine, "There are quite a few guitar solos on this album. To be honest, I've never really classed myself as a lead player as such, but this is the first time I've sat down and seriously practiced lead work. I've been so involved in actually writing new material and coming up with song structures that I haven't had time to practice all the frilly things that go on top of it. Up 'till now, there hasn't really been much room for guitar solos as such. The riffs we write, they're not riffs that are meant to be soloed on top of. They're melodic within themselves. But I'm a great believer than less is definitely more. I love listening to all the shreddy, widdly stuff, but I have no interest in playing it. This new album is quite guitar-orientated. The last album was, but this is definitely more melodic. Dare I say it, there are quite a lot of typical Maiden-esque harmonies in there."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 26.08.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 4 users
26.08.2006 - 01:13
Sanctimonius
Account deleted
"Dirge Inferno" rocks!! I can't wait to hear the hole album
26.08.2006 - 03:06
Baz Anderson

the song sounds ok
sounds like stuff from 'Nymphetamine' - it is listenable but of course isnt what we really want. haha
oh well. i was expecting much worse so i suppose im half glad
26.08.2006 - 04:03
Mother_North

this song is quit good specially what concerns dani's voice and the guitars i hope the whole album will be as good as the song
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
26.08.2006 - 04:04
danzig111
Account deleted
meh, i don't really like it, i don't 'feel it'......and yeah it does sound a little too Iron Maiden-like (the guitars i mean). I'll have to give it a thumb down, sorry.
26.08.2006 - 04:55
Damned-In-Black

I quite like it, though admittedly hope it's not the best the new album has to offer.
26.08.2006 - 07:02
Dr Ikari
Account deleted
I dunno...I've seen some videos of these guys playing live recently and the band just don't sound too good. Let's see what happens
26.08.2006 - 08:25
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
As long as its not Nymphetamine 2... that would be a travesty.

Nymphetamine was a terrible attempt at Celtic Frost with tacky orchestras... they should just stick to their classic style and go back to Cruelty style
26.08.2006 - 11:07
NoRb3
Account deleted
Not bad
26.08.2006 - 14:50
Basso
Account deleted
rather catchy.
27.08.2006 - 08:52
Princ_Of_Horror

What a good song..I hope this album is better then Nymphetamine..oh well it cant be worse then Damnation And A Day
27.08.2006 - 15:46
kuosek^

'Damnation And A Day' is a great album! :p

However, I thought that 'Thornography' will by shitty album, but now I'm sure I'll buy it : )
----
"...Look into my eyes, you will see who I am
my name is Lucifer, please take my hand..."
16.09.2006 - 01:16
Eviscerator

Damnation and Nymph sucked ass but I'm rather impressed by this song. They changed again, musically. Good direction this time. It's not Principle but...hey
18.09.2006 - 04:42
Princ_Of_Horror

I thinol this album is gonna be good not as good as Midian or Dusk and Her Embrace but there are geting there!
30.09.2006 - 19:41
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Not bad, not bad at all.. I haven't had really any expectations to this album.

Hits total: 4463 | This month: 6