Metal Storm logo
Animal Collective

26.08.2006 - 01:24
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Since it became quite obvious that the "Indie" thread didn´t work out very well, I decided to close it and create topics about particular bands instead. This one is about Animal Collective, probably one of the most noticable act these days. They started with really experimental and quite inaccessible music which I still like. "Sung Tongs" was a partial turning-point where their music became more structured IMO and their latest release "Feels" is quite accessible and some songs are close to being radio-material, but it is still a truly great album, I especially love the song "Banshee Beat" and the opening track.
My favourite album is "Sung Tongs", though, due to the song "Winters Love".
So does anyone know them?

I also add a link to a rather amusing video here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3BGkF6uNIl0
20.03.2009 - 19:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
I just came across this band thanks to their last album, Merriwhether Post Pavilion. Wicked stuff, I need more of them.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
07.04.2009 - 17:21
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
This is the most inspiring and unique music I've come across for over a year.
Great music and since a month or two I became such a big fan, it's strange really.
Water Curses is a great song.
14.12.2009 - 22:12
AlvarUgo

Oh there's an amazing band with some weird ideas.
Sung Tongs it's hilarious at times specially with "College" i was like WTF
All their albums are so different from each other so it's hard to guess what they will do next.
gotta say though i got really bored with Campfire Songs.
15.12.2009 - 16:14
Elio
Red Nightmare
Btw Avey Tare and Panda Bear's Spirits They're Gone, Spirits They've Vanished is better than any AC album. Try it.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.12.2009 - 21:36
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Listened to it, I like some of those songs, like "Chocolate Girl". That song is so great. (Also "Someday I'll Grow to be as Tall as the Giant" has a lovely mood)
But some other songs on it aren't that good, a lot of noise and too much chaos, but I like the chaos on Sung Tongs.
16.12.2009 - 00:51
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Twilight on 15.12.2009 at 21:36

Listened to it, I like some of those songs, like "Chocolate Girl". That song is so great. (Also "Someday I'll Grow to be as Tall as the Giant" has a lovely mood)
But some other songs on it aren't that good, a lot of noise and too much chaos, but I like the chaos on Sung Tongs.

What about the INCREDIBLE Alvin Row?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.12.2009 - 09:17
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Ah yes, that one is very nice too.

I just wanted to point out that the Animal Collective albums are great as well.
17.12.2009 - 00:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Twilight on 16.12.2009 at 09:17

Ah yes, that one is very nice too.

I just wanted to point out that the Animal Collective albums are great as well.

I don't know, for some reason I have some problems to dig the albums before MPP. Oh and I like a lot the last ep too.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.12.2009 - 22:05
VPeter

Ah their's topic about Carlos's favorite band! I tried them once, when I was curious what all the hype was about and it's nothing special. It's just average, their's potential but often the band manages to ruin the songs with something.
21.12.2009 - 15:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by VPeter on 19.12.2009 at 22:05

Ah their's topic about Carlos's favorite band! I tried them once, when I was curious what all the hype was about and it's nothing special. It's just average, their's potential but often the band manages to ruin the songs with something.

Actually Carlos almost hates them.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
21.12.2009 - 16:15
VPeter

Written by Elio on 21.12.2009 at 15:58

Mah boi, you fail at recognizing sarcasm.
21.12.2009 - 16:31
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by VPeter on 21.12.2009 at 16:15

Written by Elio on 21.12.2009 at 15:58

Mah boi, you fail at recognizing sarcasm.

D:
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.11.2012 - 11:16
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Last week I went to see this guys live, and really, it was amazing. What a fantastic performance and experience.
Such an energetic, creative show with such high quality... This only made me a much bigger fan than I already was.

Also, I really did not understand at all how people could just stand there and drink beer while watching them. Even trying to walk through a group of dancing people when they'd bought beer.