Metal Storm logo
Fire Destroys European Relapse Records Office And Warehouse

Metalstorm Towers received the following sad news from one of our contacts at Relapse Records:

September 22, 2010

This e-mail is to inform you that the European Relapse Records office and warehouse was destroyed last night by a fierce fire.

The fire broke out around 5AM this Wednesday morning and reduced the warehouse and office to ashes, together with several other companies and houses. No one was injured in the fire. The cause of the fire is yet unknown, and is under investigation by local authorities.

Label operations will continue, and further updates will follow.

...for all my dead metal cd and vinyl homies.

Good to know label operations will continue, hopefully they won't be horribly set back by this accident.

Source: Relapse Records
Posted: 22.09.2010 by BitterCOld

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 337 users
22.09.2010 - 19:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Always bad news when the metal industry is hit in this way. All the best to Jeroen, Guido and the rest.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.09.2010 - 19:50
Jon

Holy hell, good job it was at 5am and not a couple hours later, it would have been horrific.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
22.09.2010 - 20:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OMG that who burned it shood be linched and sadistical tourture like dark medeval days,
If its natuarl cases I understand shit hepens, I hope not so much material and staff is destroyed I hope all can be re placed
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.09.2010 - 20:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Bad news. I have no preferences when it comes to record labels, but damn, this just sucks.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.09.2010 - 20:11
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
I hope they will build it better and bigger.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
22.09.2010 - 20:15
Elodie Artour
Slania
Damn! These are some seriously bad and sad news! Thankfully, no one got injured. I hope these guys will build a better studio and also - that not too many good CD's have died...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
22.09.2010 - 20:39
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
You have contacts at Relapse Records?
22.09.2010 - 21:55
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Written by Carl Berg on 22.09.2010 at 20:39

Yes we know Guido and Jeroen. No answer yet, we'll give you some news when they will answer!
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
22.09.2010 - 22:02
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Jeff on 22.09.2010 at 21:55

Written by Carl Berg on 22.09.2010 at 20:39

Yes we know Guido and Jeroen. No answer yet, we'll give you some news when they will answer!

Cool thanks dude!
22.09.2010 - 22:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Fuck you, Trogdor!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.09.2010 - 22:12
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
NO!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
22.09.2010 - 22:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well, glad to see no one was injured... Hoping for a quick rebuild/recovery for all those affected!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
22.09.2010 - 22:23
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Doc G. on 22.09.2010 at 22:03

Fuck you, Trogdor!

Hahaha, epic! I would buy you a beer if that function was still working
22.09.2010 - 22:41
corrupt
With a lowercase c
I take it they have insurace. So this is just another case of damage. It happens all the time and usually the affected parties end up with more money afterwards than they had before the incident. That should of course not imply anything. But it's not really metal news either.
----
22.09.2010 - 22:50
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Someone must really hate Brian Posehn...
22.09.2010 - 22:52
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Glad noone was injured, but very unfortunate.
22.09.2010 - 22:54
Iceland_Norway

Damnit the Hell hope the Relapse Rec will come back renewed and strong
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
23.09.2010 - 00:12
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Sad news... But good no one was injured.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
23.09.2010 - 02:38
Symmachus

Crap, that's really unfortunate about the Relapse Records offices of Europe burning. I'm glad that nobody was injured, and hopefully the building(s) will be rebuilt and the label-affiliated people can resume work as scheduled.
23.09.2010 - 07:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by corrupt on 22.09.2010 at 22:41

I take it they have insurace. So this is just another case of damage. It happens all the time and usually the affected parties end up with more money afterwards than they had before the incident. That should of course not imply anything. But it's not really metal news either.

Maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to say, but why isn't menntioning that a fire burned down the entire office and warehouse of Relapse Europe metal news? This will have a huge impact on their dealings in Europe because all of the distribution for Relapse releases throughout Europe was done from here and also all of the promotional stuff for Europe. If mentioning some skank that sings for a metal band is pregnant is considered metal news then sure as hell the burning down of the office and warehouse of a metal label is metal news.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.09.2010 - 08:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Carl Berg on 22.09.2010 at 22:23

Written by Doc G. on 22.09.2010 at 22:03

Fuck you, Trogdor!

Hahaha, epic! I would buy you a beer if that function was still working

that should be my beer then. he's referencing the pic i used... which features an California brush fire featuring a photoshopped Trogdor...

and i agree with Marcel's last. this does suck. this will impact a lot of various operations for one of metals bigger/better labels. from inventory for mail order to undoubtedly fucking up things like tour support in the interim while the label employees whose stuff went up in flames scramble to adjust.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.09.2010 - 08:45
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
This is indeed a very sad news, maybe I don't understand completely the situation, but I'm sure as hell that this can affect badly the operations and business of Relapse Records (IMO, one of the best labels nowadays), I hope they will recover soon of this, hopefully, better than ever
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
23.09.2010 - 09:48
MeTalRea|istiK

RIP!!
23.09.2010 - 10:11
silenius

Probably some old couple fucking behind the bushes of one of the buildings, and due to the friction,KAPOW, they self-ignited and burned the shit down
23.09.2010 - 11:19
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.09.2010 at 07:48
Maybe I misunderstood what you're trying to say, but why isn't menntioning that a fire burned down the entire office and warehouse of Relapse Europe metal news? This will have a huge impact on their dealings in Europe because all of the distribution for Relapse releases throughout Europe was done from here and also all of the promotional stuff for Europe. If mentioning some skank that sings for a metal band is pregnant is considered metal news then sure as hell the burning down of the office and warehouse of a metal label is metal news.

If I recall correctly, I was complaining about that not being metal news as well I didn't call her skank though.
I just don't see how this affects anyone's music. Equipment can be replaced, merchandise reproduced. If anything there'll be a delay in their proceedings. Any good company today has decentralized backups of their office data so they're probably up and running again somewhere else. In two months or so after the investigation, the insurance will pay and they will set up new offices and rent a new warehouse. I can hardly see how this affects any of us as fans or any band's music in any way.
----
23.09.2010 - 11:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by corrupt on 23.09.2010 at 11:19

I can hardly see how this affects any of us as fans or any band's music in any way.

It does affect the European fans, or at least those that have outstanding orders with Relapse, because now their shipments will be delayed by quite a bit.
Okay, eventually they will of course receive what they ordered, but it will take a lot longer than usual.
Let's say I ordered something at Relapse, usually it would just take two days max (I of course live in The Netherlands hence the two days max) after they received my payment before I would receive the order at home. But because of the fire it will at least take lots lots longer. First the head office in the US/Canada would have to sort out who ordered what within Europe and who has paid and only then get to shipping the orders. The packing of the orders will take longer than usua because of the number of people working at the place there.
So, as you can see it does affect the fans directly.
Also does the fire affect the promotional activities for tours and releases. Remember that Relapse Europe handled ALL of that for Europe.
Yes, eventually it will all be running smoothly again, but at least the effects will be felt during the first couple of months after the fire.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.09.2010 - 19:51
GT
Coffee!!
Too bad. Luckily no one got hurt. Stuff can be replaced even though it will take some time of course
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.09.2010 - 02:50
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
More bad news from "The Worst year in Metal:2010"
----
rekt
24.09.2010 - 21:13
skatmat

Pft. I bet it was a priest.

Man this was horrible news... Hopefully they can recover and get back to normal soon...! D:
30.09.2010 - 05:37
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Horrible news indeed! Fortunately, everyone is fine.

Hits total: 6123 | This month: 2