Metal Storm logo
Why we (metal heads) cant enjoy new albums by old bands nowadays?

Original post

Posted by Elyar S., 24.09.2010 - 17:06
Nowadays it seems that ppl - so called metal heads - are really tired of listening to new albums by old bands. As I can see, 90% of metal heads are against new released albums in metal forums. There are very less ppl who come and say "yes it is a good album" (Derozzengarten ?). Except some rare cases ppl hate new albums I dont know why. Maybe ppl think that after almost 40 years Metal music should still be underground, Im here to say that "no, change your mind", now almost all of villagers know about rock and metal too. Nortt is not an underground music for me or not even Silencer, if you want to hide and isolate yourself and scream that "IM DIFFERENT", go and do it. You dont need metal music to say or show it I think. But if you want to say Im especial because I know a lot of bands who you dont know them yet then go to a good psychologist IMO.

If someone cant see good things in new albums (I dont mean none famous bands which ONLY YOU discover them ), I think they are really tired of metal and unfortunately I think you are who weakens metal music nowadays. If you dont like a band or dont like their new stuff or new album thats really ok. But whats your goal by spaming threads or writing despiteful reviews over and over again?

What do you think of these ppl who want to say "we are different because we heard almost all metal albums and we are especial because when you look at our favorite band list in MS you will see names which you never heard them yet". If you ask them "why?" they would probably answer "because we want to make them famous and maybe ppl bought their albums, we want to help them because we like them "(not love them because they love some famous bands which they will kill themselves to see them live in fests but not for these which they mentioned in their favorite band list!) Then when they become a little famous these are the same ppl who erase them from their favorite band lists and start to criticize them.

Another question is how the fuck you listen to a lot of albums?! I cant understand it when I see someone has heard almost all of the new albums of the year (or maybe they pretend it). I think you have to listen to each album at least 5 times to talk about it but a lot of them after half a round come and say this is bullshit, maybe they are wizards or maybe Experts.

What do you think about these ppl and if you are one of them plz enlighten us maybe one day we would be experts like you and hate a lot of good metal albums!

But for me myself Im really really sick of them.
15.01.2012 - 03:31
lordchadi

For me i see that the last
slayer - kin diamond - manowar albums are very good
17.02.2012 - 19:28
Guib
Thrash Talker
Like some said, I don't think we hate an album because its new, more because of its lack of originality, or because we are used to the old sound of one band so when they change we're all disoriented, I don't think its because we want to be underground. Many things could be the reason of why we don't always like new albums from old bands. I also think that some of them should just stop doing music while they're at their peak and just tour... when you don't have anymore ideas well... don't write anything new. Also some bands are not always doing music for the good reasons and it reflects in their writing... when you think about money you write shit and you write it quickly... so no wonder why it sucks. At some point, bands are so popular that they only think about creating more fans and making more money so they put aside the music and try to go mainstream with dull music... thats the case for Metallica for example anyways.. thats just my opinion.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
08.01.2014 - 20:22
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I think it's because we expect our old dogs to exactly replicate the old tricks that they learned before, but are now disappointed when the dog is not up for repeating the same tricks that we loved from them before or have slowed down in the process. We may also be disappointed when the dog decides taking up new tricks that we didn't want them to learn. We expect our musicians to never grow old, and when they do get old, we say they start slowing down and they don't want to or are otherwise unable to do the same stuff on the albums that made their bands iconic and famous in the first place, or they want to go off and experiment with styles that we don't like just because it's different from their traditional style (pretty much like how people are hating on Iron Maiden's most recent album, when i actually really liked it). Other times it can be that the albums are simply fucking terrible (New Geoff Tate Queensryche anyone?).
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
09.01.2014 - 02:39
Sentinel65

Well as most musicians grow old they tend to have a change in sound that is less heavy, and there are those metalheads who believe a band should constantly stick to the same sound throughout their career. Many metalheads almost always prefer the band's 'classic' era stuff, and so when this new stuff comes around that normally isn't as good, it is quite disappointing. Some would say, why listen to this new mediocre album, when I already have their great, older works.
10.01.2014 - 04:59
DyingWorld

Couldn't resist.

Some bands just blow their loads faster than others so why waste money on mediocre albums? Especially, when you already have the classics. If a band hasn't sucked too much but are clearly past their prime, writing-wise, then I can still respect them. For me, Judas Priest are a great example of this. I'm not trashing their post-Painkiller material but I don't find any of the albums past that point to be good enough for my $14. However, if they ever came to my neck of the woods, I would definitely go see them. Personally, I can't settle for an album that's "just good." I need to know that it won't be collecting dust after the first few listens.