Metal Storm logo
Metal Storm - The Demo Spotlight

Hey all!

Just a quick message to inform you we've got a new type of article floating around, currently going by the name "Clandestine Cuts #1". You can find it here.

As you can read in the introductory statement of the article, we felt that the demos of unknown metal bands (a.k.a. the future of metal) definitely deserve attention - but maybe not as much as the big shots of the metal scene (yet). So we gave them their own place, the Demo Spotlight, where we describe the music, share MySpace links and show the cover art.

We hope you like the article (check it here!), because we plan on writing many more! As this is the first of a series, we still might decide to fine-tune it a bit in upcoming editions and suggestions are always welcome! Post a comment or send a PM to a Staff member to share your thoughts.

Enjoy the read on your hungover, lazy sunday afternoon!

- The Metal Storm Staff

Source: metalstorm.net
Posted: 26.09.2010 by Lucas

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 26   Visited by: 544 users
26.09.2010 - 13:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Will it also get its own section among publications?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.09.2010 - 13:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2010 at 13:12

No, we're currently keeping it in the Articles section.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.09.2010 - 13:27
Lachy
Account deleted
Nice job MS We gotta keep the metal scene alive with new music
26.09.2010 - 13:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Lucas on 26.09.2010 at 13:23

Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2010 at 13:12

No, we're currently keeping it in the Articles section.

i see...but my suggestion is, that there it is drowned...i wouldnt even notice without this piece of news...
----

26.09.2010 - 13:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2010 at 13:46

i see...but my suggestion is, that there it is drowned...i wouldnt even notice without this piece of news...

True. But creating a new section for it on the frontpage would also mean it's either going way down, or something else would have to be moved down. We currently find the frontpage too full as it is now. We may re-design it sooner or later, but I can't say anything about that yet.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.09.2010 - 15:31
RavenKing

Great idea. I'm 100% for it. I find it much more interesting to check new bands than to constantly hear about well-known bands who get much more attention than they deserve and will never release anything interesting again because they have barely done anything good in decades.

Metal is so much in dire need of a 'Renaissance', if you know what I mean. It's time to clean the carpet and take a new start. My hope is that lots of those old worn out bands will call a quit in the next years (and I believe many will indeed do it) and interesting new bands will take the place. What I believe is there is a certain pool of listeners when it comes to metal, so as long as people still focus on has-been bands, new bands have less chances of getting recognition and enough money to be able to carry on.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
26.09.2010 - 15:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I didnt really meant changing frontpage...but in menu in publications - there should be new section, or? and on frontpage, it should be still displayed in "Articles / Concert reviews / Blogs" box
----

26.09.2010 - 19:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is thos only for MS staffers who can do deme rewiews or other can do?
And how about old bands , from 80's who has one awesome album for example in 1983 and than nobody dont know anything, I mean writing lil simmilar how Baz Getting Into
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2010 - 19:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
It likely will remain staff/staff reviewers only.

and it will remain CURRENT/NEW demos. no need to write up on a demo from 1983. the point it to shed light on new bands.

and Raven, staff do(did) plenty of reviews of demos for small bands. readers simply didn't click the links. we're hoping repackaging the way they are presented will spike traffic and give these bands some more listens.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.09.2010 - 21:38
RavenKing

Written by BitterCOld on 26.09.2010 at 19:57

and Raven, staff do(did) plenty of reviews of demos for small bands. readers simply didn't click the links. we're hoping repackaging the way they are presented will spike traffic and give these bands some more listens.

I know the staff did reviews for unknown bands before. I didn't suggest they were not doing it before. I just wished to say that I find the idea of gathering those reviews about new bands on a thread or specific section great.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
26.09.2010 - 21:42
Symmachus

I'm definitely for the new development. I'll have to check this out.
26.09.2010 - 22:12
trendkill-

You guys should make a link for it on the sidebar. it wont take up that much space that way.
26.09.2010 - 23:41
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Good idea, I like it, I hope this will help lots of newer bands to get some more attention.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
27.09.2010 - 00:11
Elodie Artour
Slania
Good idea, staffers! I totally support it and it would indeed be better if there was a whole new section featuring those articles.

I think I may even have some good suggestions for it...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
27.09.2010 - 16:48
MeTalRea|istiK

Cool!!
27.09.2010 - 18:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by trendkill- on 26.09.2010 at 22:12

You guys should make a link for it on the sidebar. it wont take up that much space that way.

thats what i say
----

27.09.2010 - 21:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

indeed
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.09.2010 - 22:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
We're not sure yet. But thanks for the suggestions, we'll discuss 'em in HQ.
----

28.09.2010 - 12:51
oroboros

Written by Lucas on 27.09.2010 at 22:03

Where is this HQ btw? You guys keep on mentioning it every now and then.
28.09.2010 - 12:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Across the rainbow bridge and next to the Valhalla
----

28.09.2010 - 13:18
oroboros

I knew it. It all makes sense now!
28.09.2010 - 13:51
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Lucas on 26.09.2010 at 13:53

Written by Ellrohir on 26.09.2010 at 13:46

True. But creating a new section for it on the frontpage would also mean it's either going way down, or something else would have to be moved down. We currently find the frontpage too full as it is now. We may re-design it sooner or later, but I can't say anything about that yet.

It might be enough to make individual sections customizable for users. I for one hide the "featured events" and the banners through css anyway. So why not just have a configurable frontpage where everyone can choose what they want to see.
----
28.09.2010 - 17:33
MeTalRea|istiK

agree..
28.09.2010 - 22:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by oroboros on 28.09.2010 at 12:51

Written by Lucas on 27.09.2010 at 22:03

Where is this HQ btw? You guys keep on mentioning it every now and then.

Silicon Valley, California, USA...
----

29.09.2010 - 19:30
In_tallica

Does this mean i can...i dunno show my own bands myspace band on some special website?

I don't get it....
29.09.2010 - 20:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by In_tallica on 29.09.2010 at 19:30

Does this mean i can...i dunno show my own bands myspace band on some special website?

I don't get it....

Whats not to get? Follow the link that was shown to you. Perhaps everything will make sense after reading that.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 4073 | This month: 5