Metal Storm logo
Redemption - Working On New Album

US progressive metallers Redemption are composing new material for their fifth studio album. Guitarist Nicolas van Dyk checked in with the following statement:

"Hello folks, and sorry for the long silence from us. It's been a very busy summer for us away from Redemption, particularly for Ray who as most of you surely know did a reunion tour with the Parallels lineup of Fates Warning to commemorate the 20th anniversary of that fantastic release.

I remain in complete remission with no trace of the disease that I announced publicly about a year ago. I remain on three powerful medications to ensure that the cancer does not return. Of the five original active lesions in my bones, none are active for cancer and one of them has resolved (i.e. been completely repaired with new bone). The other four are in the process of being repaired and that is the next big milestone. Patience is required but I believe they will get there. If that happens, it is a good sign that I am well down the road to being cured (according to the very aggressive doctor to whom I entrust my care). However I must remain on these medicines for two more years. They have many unpleasant side effects but I am resolved to stick with the program and beat "incurable" blood cancer. Thank you all very much for your prayers, positive vibes and words of support - they mean a lot.

And so life continues, and with it, a new Redemption CD in the works! We are in the early pre-production stages at this point, still composing and arranging. It's too early to say too much, but I can share that the arrangements vary from short (for us!) hard-hitting songs to at least one and possibly two more sprawling ideas, and that a few of the working titles at this point are Noonday Devil, Dreams from the Pit and Rain in my Soul.

We'll have more to post in the coming weeks and months, and hopefully some great new music for you in 2011!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Redemption
Posted: 30.09.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 28 users
01.10.2010 - 03:39
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Wow, this band keeps releasing new material, love it! It'll be interesting to see how this works out with Ray Alder because from what I read Fates Warning is working on a new album album too.
----
rekt
01.10.2010 - 03:45
JohnDoe
Account deleted
OMG, Redemption is working on an album, too?! So are Fates warning and OSI.

don't know what to believe...
01.10.2010 - 05:26
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Sweet!
01.10.2010 - 17:18
Mr. Burns

I wish that Fates Warning would release an album that takes me back to the way they used to sound (eighties) - kinda like the way that the new Death Angel album did... which is so damn good.
01.10.2010 - 17:28
Bas
Retired Staff
Looking forwards to it, Snowfall is amazing
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
01.10.2010 - 17:53
GT
Coffee!!
Now that's good news. Snowfall and Origins are badass
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep