Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth - Matt Barlow's New Band

Former Iced Earth frontman Matt Barlow ? who is currently employed a police officer in the Georgetown Police Dept. in Georgetown, Delaware ? has resurfaced as the lead singer of the First State Force Band.

According to a posting at FirstStateForce.org, First State Force Band "was comprised of law enforcement members from different departments throughout the State of Delaware. These law enforcement members through their dedication, performed concerts several times a month to the children of Delaware using music to stress the importance of staying drug free and to stay away from violence. The band was on a serious mission. The first three years the band had performed for every school district in Delaware."

Check out a recent photo of Matt Barlow at this location. Pictures of the entire band can be found here.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Iced Earth
Posted: 10.08.2005 by Angelique

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 22 users
26.08.2006 - 15:35
Dam3k

omfg what has he done with his hair??!
----

30.08.2006 - 22:26
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I hope they launch a disc! Barlow rocks!
02.09.2006 - 18:07
Dam3k

Written by Vinnie R. on 30.08.2006 at 22:26

I hope they launch a disc! Barlow rocks!

dude? are u really interested in looking forward an album about tra-la-la-la no drugs? I mean I love Matt's performance on Iced Earth but this new stuff seems to be something scary... =)
----

18.09.2006 - 22:07
Von
Account deleted
Kvlt!
21.09.2006 - 00:17
Dam3k

Written by Guest on 18.09.2006 at 22:07

Kvlt!

w00t means that? :S
----

11.10.2006 - 14:40
Anathemani@c

I really have nothing more to say about that man. Oh god! What has he done to himself??? Matt show us mercy! Leave Police behind and come bach to Iced fucking Earth. They need you! What happened to you??????And leave your hair long!!!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
11.10.2006 - 14:51
Dam3k

Written by Anathemani@c on 11.10.2006 at 14:40

I really have nothing more to say about that man. Oh god! What has he done to himself??? Matt show us mercy! Leave Police behind and come bach to Iced fucking Earth. They need you! What happened to you??????And leave your hair long!!!

You should respect the way he chosed there is no way he would come back... it's a shame...
----

11.10.2006 - 14:57
Anathemani@c

Written by Dam3k on 11.10.2006 at 14:51

You should respect the way he chosed there is no way he would come back... it's a shame...

I know I must respect it, but he must realise that Iced Earth are nothing without him. Tim Owens has nothing to deal with that band. Schaffer must realise that he needs a deeper voice, like Matt's. His riffing is too heavy for Tim.
----
Trapped in time
11.10.2006 - 15:02
Dam3k

Written by Anathemani@c on 11.10.2006 at 14:57

I know I must respect it, but he must realise that Iced Earth are nothing without him. Tim Owens has nothing to deal with that band. Schaffer must realise that he needs a deeper voice, like Matt's. His riffing is too heavy for Tim.

Ye that's true... but if u see was Jon who decided not to release the last album with Matt... I mean Iced Earth seems the Jon's personal project... That's true IMO Owens doesn't fit in the Iced Earth style, the band needs a near gothic voice with high pitched moments not a Rob Halford copycat =)
----

11.10.2006 - 15:05
Anathemani@c

Written by Dam3k on 11.10.2006 at 15:02

Written by Anathemani@c on 11.10.2006 at 14:57

That's my point !

Ye that's true... but if u see was Jon who decided not to release the last album with Matt... I mean Iced Earth seems the Jon's personal project... That's true IMO Owens doesn't fit in the Iced Earth style, the band needs a near gothic voice with high pitched moments not a Rob Halford copycat =)
----
Trapped in time
11.10.2006 - 15:14
Dam3k

I cannot read anything lol ^^
----

12.10.2006 - 11:16
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Dam3k on 11.10.2006 at 15:14

I cannot read anything lol ^^

Same here Damek:lol:
27.02.2007 - 17:03
demonandwizard
Account deleted
matt i swear ur the best.i hope someday u come back... just remember melancholy
01.04.2008 - 04:21
IconMaiden

I just heard Pyramaze for the first time, and its outstanding. As expected with that voice. Now that he's back in Earth, it should be a renaissance for all of us.
12.07.2010 - 16:47
MidnightRitual

Yea Matt Barlow is 'the voice' of Iced Earth, that doesnt mean Tim Owens isnt badass!! The most metal kids I know say that they wish all their Iced Earth albums sounded like Framing Armageddon, but that is a little far to go.
Tim Owens kicks ass too, and Jon Schaffer knows whats best for his music!!

Hits total: 5487 | This month: 3