Metal Storm logo
Arena - Part Ways With Vocalist

After 10 years of service - and shortly before the release of the new album The Tinder Box - vocalist Rob Sowden has left UK prog metallers Arena. Here's the word from the band:

"We are sad to announce that singer Rob Sowden has decided to part ways with the band. The explanation given so many times at moments like this is "musical differences", usually as a veil for somewhat darker reasons; but actually, in this case, it is precisely the reason. Arena thank Rob for his involvement and support for the last ten years and wish him all the best for the future. In the meantime Arena will be performing their shows in November where they will be presenting their new vocalist, as well as material from their next album, The Tinder Box."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Arena
Posted: 02.10.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 22 users
02.10.2010 - 22:52
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
That's a shame, he was a great vocalist, but this band will be good regardless. Contagion will probably be their best album though, and Rob Sowden will be remembered for that.
03.10.2010 - 12:39
Ivor
Staff
This is bad piece of news after long time of silence. Never got around to seeing them in this line up, which is a shame.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars

Hits total: 2723 | This month: 3