Metal Storm logo
Minnesota Metal Scene

03.10.2010 - 02:20
I_Die_Often
What has happened to the Minnesota metal scene???
We have many good local bands, but I can't ever find them playing anywhere!
Our two best metal promoters have passed away (Earl Root and Don Decker) and The Rock closed it's doors, and our scene seems to have passed away with them.
Roberts in Mounds View has taken over some bigger shows, but still, even good metal cover bands seem to not show up at all the other venues.
If you know of some quality bands playing somewhere, list them here for the rest of us!
Don't let metal die in Minnesota!!!! Show your support!!!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
03.10.2010 - 02:21
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
What is this i don't even
03.10.2010 - 02:30
I_Die_Often
Written by Dangerboner on 03.10.2010 at 02:21

What is this i don't even

don't even what?
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
03.10.2010 - 02:53
Kennoth
Not wanting to be rude or anything, but I don't really care...
----
*insert something deep and profound*
03.10.2010 - 03:05
I_Die_Often
Written by Kennoth on 03.10.2010 at 02:53

Not wanting to be rude or anything, but I don't really care...

Then there is no need for you to respond here
----
03.10.2010 - 11:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Cool story bro.

I don't know of many Minnesotan bands, but can I interest you in some quality Bulgarian metal?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
03.10.2010 - 15:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant tell about underground but I know only: Aesma Daeva, Bound for Glory, Impaler, its all
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2010 - 01:00
I_Die_Often
It's just that it seems I can't find a good local show.
They don't promote anything here.
I just found out Hells Kitchen has shows of metal acts!
----
04.10.2010 - 01:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Damn that situation sucks. Thank God the area I live in has more than enough. And the Netherlands being the size it is it's easy to get to gigs in other cities as well.
F.e. i think that yesterday alone it was possible to choose from over 30 metal gis (that's discounting tiny demo bands) within a travelling radius of 1 hour max.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.10.2010 - 20:25
FOOCK Nam
30 gigs of metal in a day... . It is not like you listen to , it is you eat metal everyday with easy chances. But how possible you can encounter your favorite bands in a day ?
07.10.2010 - 03:46
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Juggernaut and Kublai Khan are the only bands I know from Minnesota and they are disbanded...that probably explains why you are all like "what the fuck is going on?"...we don't have a scene here in Eastern Ontario either...sucks, doesn't it? I feel your pain, bro...
07.10.2010 - 05:11
I_Die_Often
Written by Guest on 07.10.2010 at 03:46

Juggernaut and Kublai Khan are the only bands I know from Minnesota and they are disbanded...that probably explains why you are all like "what the fuck is going on?"...we don't have a scene here in Eastern Ontario either...sucks, doesn't it? I feel your pain, bro...

Guess I should complain too much when there are at least a few things still happening here.
----
07.10.2010 - 22:03
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I dfont man that sucks... you do get alot of tours though... i dont... all i have is one sub-par melo-deth band. hmmph...
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.10.2010 - 01:47
I_Die_Often
Written by Boxcar Willy on 07.10.2010 at 22:03

I dfont man that sucks... you do get alot of tours though... i dont... all i have is one sub-par melo-deth band. hmmph...

But a lot of shows seem to pass us up...
I'm tempted to go to Madison WI or Iowa to see Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus.
The club Roberts in Mounds View is now hosting national acts and local metal (mostly some kinda "core" band, but it beats nothing.)
http://www.robertsoff10.com/
----
09.10.2010 - 22:49
Hi! Im from Mn too.... i agree 100% that a lot of shows seems to pass over us :'-(
----
Pervading every single nook of existence
10.10.2010 - 20:32
I_Die_Often
Written by NocturnalPoetry on 09.10.2010 at 22:49

Hi! Im from Mn too.... i agree 100% that a lot of shows seems to pass over us :'-(

If you have any other web sites for local places (I keep track of what's coming to Station 4, Roberts, Cabooze and The Triple Rock) share them with me if you could please. Even a kick ass heavy cover/tribute band would be good!
----
10.10.2010 - 22:42
Written by I_Die_Often on 10.10.2010 at 20:32

If you have any other web sites for local places (I keep track of what's coming to Station 4, Roberts, Cabooze and The Triple Rock) share them with me if you could please. Even a kick ass heavy cover/tribute band would be good!

The only other place i keep track of is GB Leightons... once in a while they have some old school bands that play there... not too often though.
Cover bands... the only one i'm thinking of is Minnesota Metal Factory... oh and Hairball :-P lol
If you're on Facebook, you might wanna join the group "ABC's of Metal"... most of the people are from MN, and they're pretty good at posting shows coming through, and they might know some more local stuff.
----
11.10.2010 - 00:23
I_Die_Often
Written by NocturnalPoetry on 10.10.2010 at 22:42

Written by I_Die_Often on 10.10.2010 at 20:32

The only other place i keep track of is GB Leightons... once in a while they have some old school bands that play there... not too often though.
Cover bands... the only one i'm thinking of is Minnesota Metal Factory... oh and Hairball :-P lol
If you're on Facebook, you might wanna join the group "ABC's of Metal"... most of the people are from MN, and they're pretty good at posting shows coming through, and they might know some more local stuff.

I've pretty much given up on GB Leightons, that place has become LAME!
Given up Facebook too! Caused too much trouble between girlfriend and ex-wife.
But I could go back on just to stay in touch with shows.
----
16.10.2010 - 19:13
I_Die_Often
One of our local bands, Epicurean, was just added to the Metal Storm database!
They are signed to Metal Blade records and have toured all over the globe.
----
16.10.2010 - 22:56
Written by I_Die_Often on 16.10.2010 at 19:13

Nice... Haven't heard anything about them in a while... saw them at Edguy last year though, great show!
----
17.10.2010 - 01:41
I_Die_Often
Written by NocturnalPoetry on 16.10.2010 at 22:56

Written by I_Die_Often on 16.10.2010 at 19:13

Nice... Haven't heard anything about them in a while... saw them at Edguy last year though, great show!

We were going to go see them last month but my crew was sick, so we stayed home...
Another friend of mine went and she said it was a good show.
----
19.10.2010 - 19:24
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
If any of you guys would sponsor me to come to the USA i would try my best to get bands to MN
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
27.10.2010 - 05:08
bkrownd
I left MN in 1993 so I can only lend virtual support.
17.12.2010 - 22:51
I_Die_Often
For the locals - I have been informed the Mermaid may be converting one of their banquet rooms into a venue for live shows!!!!!
----
17.04.2011 - 01:04
Balthazine
Hey Nathan here, The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner, your local source for all things locally metal, bands, albums, shows, reviews, etc.

There are plenty of metal bands out there and I write articles about them all the time for Examiner.com.
Check out my webpage and subscribe to me if you want exclusive email updates on whenever I publish a new article.
http://www.examiner.com/metal-music-in-minneapolis/nathan-miller

To answer your question, most of the metal bands now play at a local night club and bar called Station-4. That's where most of the metal acts that come to Minnesota play and it's a big hot spot for local metal bands too.

Here's a little list of Minnesota metal bands (mostly new and mostly active) that I can name, not including all the great past acts like Kublai Khan and Powermad (both amazing MN bands of the past). (Warning: Wall O' Metal hitting you)

Bolverk
Celestiial
Expyre
MONOGON (I have an article where I did an interview with these guys and a review on their music)
A Brutal Confession
Ambassador Gun
Bastard Saint
Demonicon
Deretla
Crimson Thorn
Dormant
Fetus Heist
Gemini
Hollow Ground
Harsh Reality
Impaler
Incinerate
Minos
Of Antiquity
RedSky
Seventh Calling
Sirens of Titan
Venom Lord
Warvolution
Wrath
Wretch Hive
Azrael
Viral Mutilation
Wormwood
Golgotha's Pyre
Daigoro
Butchered Beyond Recognition
Entanglement
Ghost of Metal Past
Lockgnar
Red Gem of Hades
Dread Veil
Battelfields
Under Eden

... I could keep going. But I hope that helps ya out a bit.
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
17.04.2011 - 04:47
Void_Eater
Account deleted
17.04.2011 - 05:01
Balthazine
Ah metal archives.... How I love thee.
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
22.04.2011 - 01:05
I_Die_Often
Written by Balthazine on 17.04.2011 at 01:04

Hey Nathan here, The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner, your local source for all things locally metal, bands, albums, shows, reviews, etc.

There are plenty of metal bands out there and I write articles about them all the time for Examiner.com.
Check out my webpage and subscribe to me if you want exclusive email updates on whenever I publish a new article.
http://www.examiner.com/metal-music-in-minneapolis/nathan-miller

To answer your question, most of the metal bands now play at a local night club and bar called Station-4. That's where most of the metal acts that come to Minnesota play and it's a big hot spot for local metal bands too.
-----------------------
Club Underground has good shows now and then, saw one there a some weeks ago with Demonicon, Nailed Shut, Bloodgen and Australus.
Epicurian at Ground Zero couple weeks ago (and no post in the middle of the stage like Station 4, like to see more shows there).
Roberts in Mounds View has some decent shows.

I will check out your Examiner, THX
----
27.09.2011 - 01:51
TBNB
You can follow us, but we've run into the same problem...there isn't a lot of metal bands playing local anymore. We're one of the few left it seems. check out our website for where we're playing at: http://www.tomorrowbringsnewblood.com
02.10.2011 - 00:14
I_Die_Often
Written by TBNB on 27.09.2011 at 01:51

You can follow us, but we've run into the same problem...there isn't a lot of metal bands playing local anymore. We're one of the few left it seems. check out our website for where we're playing at: http://www.tomorrowbringsnewblood.com

Haffta check you out sometime.
Things seem to be rebounding a little, The Myth reopened, hope that helps, and also a ton of tours coming thru!
We have lots of kick ass bands, just not many places playing extreme bands.
----