06. Suffocating Sight [Live from Chapman Studios]
07. Down From The Sky [Live from Chapman Studios]
08. Ember To Inferno [Live from Chapman Studios]
09. In Waves [documentary]
10. In Waves [music video]

Guest review by
Svneatr
Rating:
This album is the George Costanza of Trivium's back catalog. At first listen, I absolutely HATED In Waves, I thought it was a terribly weak attempt at writing another Ascendancy, really generic and tacky. And then I left this album alone, for months.

But then I listened to it a couple more times, at random times. And... it kinda got stuck in my head... Cah-stan-zah.

Read more ››
published 22.04.2012 | Comments (9)

Found in 29 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 89   Visited by: 1059 users
03.10.2010 - 23:09
Panterica

Come on! I can't wait!
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
11.01.2011 - 03:41
Rating: 8
Joey Filth

Pretty stoked for this.
30.01.2011 - 08:18
Ultraussie

Fuck.... May it be as awesome as Shogun.
28.02.2011 - 18:37
Rating: 7
Sword_Chant

This album should be awesome
12.04.2011 - 06:48
Ultraussie

Sadly this album won't feature that awesome sound of the B string of a Seven string guitar..
And Matt Heafy and Paulo got their hair cut. Sounds kinda stupid but it makes their image look shit.
And Matt's only using the Les Paul that he had since he was a child to track the songs on this album.
I hate Les Pauls. I honestly fucking do. All this reduces my anticipation to this album.
I can't imagine this being better than Shogun. Shougun was my all time favourite album, and no doubt the upcoming one will be a good album too, but I cannot imagine anything topping Shogun..
12.04.2011 - 08:02
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I'm curious to see how this turns out, seeing as Trivium seems to change their sound with each album. Not getting my hopes up for anything great, seeing as this is not a great band, but I'll check it out for sure.
24.05.2011 - 04:07
Stay (sic)

In Waves! Fuckin Love It! Lookin Forward to Seein them at Mayhem 2011! Cant Wait For The Album! (:
----
Zachy (;
24.05.2011 - 04:52
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Well, after hearing In Waves, I can tell that this album will be a complete piece of emo/core shit. If you like Oli Syke's sexy hair, than this will be the album for you. If you like metal, this will make you puke. And to think, Shogun was actually a decent album.
06.06.2011 - 20:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Its on 8th not on 9th!!
26.06.2011 - 14:03
Luc
Account deleted
I'm really wondering how this is going to sound. I'm not their greatest fan or something, but I appreciate their work and this album can be very interesting.
02.07.2011 - 05:00
John Shock

I'm curious about this album...! Hope that still good like shogun or better (the only album i've heard from Trivium, til now)!!!
05.08.2011 - 05:59
John Shock

This album is AWESOME guys!!! You gotta listen!
05.08.2011 - 07:24
Rating: 2
Guib
Thrash Talker
Why do they still fucking play -_- I mean they could do something productive to the metal scene idk like hanging themselves or sum...
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.08.2011 - 17:03
Sword_Chant

Written by Guib on 05.08.2011 at 07:24

Why do they still fucking play -_- I mean they could do something productive to the metal scene idk like hanging themselves or sum...

This comment is ridiculous... I understand a lot of people hate Trivium but c'mon dude! If you dislike them that much then why are you on their profile? lol
07.08.2011 - 00:07
infernaldeath87

Written by Ultraussie on 12.04.2011 at 06:48

Sadly this album won't feature that awesome sound of the B string of a Seven string guitar..
And Matt Heafy and Paulo got their hair cut. Sounds kinda stupid but it makes their image look shit.
And Matt's only using the Les Paul that he had since he was a child to track the songs on this album.
I hate Les Pauls. I honestly fucking do. All this reduces my anticipation to this album.
I can't imagine this being better than Shogun. Shougun was my all time favourite album, and no doubt the upcoming one will be a good album too, but I cannot imagine anything topping Shogun..

I totally agree with you! My thoughts exactly. Shogun was an absolute masterpiece!
07.08.2011 - 03:29
Void Eater
Account deleted

If they hanged themselves, they would be hailed as legends and geniuses who died before their prime, simply because they're dead.
07.08.2011 - 04:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 07.08.2011 at 03:29

If they hanged themselves, they would be hailed as legends and geniuses who died before their prime, simply because they're dead.

Gosh, you're right Void thanks for putting me straight back on the right track... so I hope they live long hated lives of boring music.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.08.2011 - 06:35
hadriel

Meh, alright album...first few songs are pretty bad, but it gets a bit better. Kind of a letdown coming off of Shogun
09.08.2011 - 00:09
Rating: 9
Pedro Pereira

Listening to it.....amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its very very good....
09.08.2011 - 12:50
Cyroth

Nice album, doesn't top Shogun
----
09.08.2011 - 13:35
Kenos
Account deleted
I find Trivium to be the perfect definition of 4: where meh-diocrity borders annoyance, resulting in a huge, spectacular *derp*. Well done, guys.
09.08.2011 - 14:01
John Shock

Fuck you guys!
You guys like nothing!
I can't even apreciate nothing less than "shit metal"!
Shogun is a fucking good album, but this one is everything (or almost) awesome! Rate it 9!
09.08.2011 - 15:13
Rating: 10
Prometheus

Written by Guest on 24.05.2011 at 04:52

Well, after hearing In Waves, I can tell that this album will be a complete piece of emo/core shit. If you like Oli Syke's sexy hair, than this will be the album for you. If you like metal, this will make you puke. And to think, Shogun was actually a decent album.

you're completely wrong i ve got it yeah a grey so dark and all of this yesterdays and watch the world burn are pretty hardcore but some songs like dusk dismantled ,a skyline severance and chaos reigns are METAL and i think that this album is unsane. shogun first of all its not decent its perfection, and this band has trash influencies (not in in waves but shogun and the crusade) so dont call this as metal for emo or whatever because there' s only metal not fake metal or true metal.
i dont give a fuck i love metal and this band.
09.08.2011 - 15:17
Rating: 10
Prometheus

Written by Sword_Chant on 05.08.2011 at 17:03

This comment is ridiculous... I understand a lot of people hate Trivium but c'mon dude! If you dislike them that much then why are you on their profile? lol

i fucking agree with you who judge this as garbage dont understand a fuck about metal because they have great solos on their albums and pretty trashy songs.
maybe this is not perfect as shogun but it still awesome.
09.08.2011 - 17:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Prometheus on 09.08.2011 at 15:17

i fucking agree with you who judge this as garbage dont understand a fuck about metal

Try harder.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.08.2011 - 19:44
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Prometheus on 09.08.2011 at 15:17

i fucking agree with you who judge this as garbage dont understand a fuck about metal because they have great solos on their albums and pretty trashy songs.

Yeah, a clean and aseptic technique is actually the only thing we can credit to this band.
As for the rest, you just said it: trash.
09.08.2011 - 22:36
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Prometheus on 09.08.2011 at 15:13

Written by Guest on 24.05.2011 at 04:52

you're completely wrong i ve got it yeah a grey so dark and all of this yesterdays and watch the world burn are pretty hardcore but some songs like dusk dismantled ,a skyline severance and chaos reigns are METAL and i think that this album is unsane. shogun first of all its not decent its perfection, and this band has trash influencies (not in in waves but shogun and the crusade) so dont call this as metal for emo or whatever because there' s only metal not fake metal or true metal.
i dont give a fuck i love metal and this band.

Yes, my analysis based on the first song was wrong. The title track was easily the worst song, the rest of the album was pretty good. But quit trying so hard to be 'metal'.
10.08.2011 - 00:17
Fade To Black

This page smells of trolls.
10.08.2011 - 05:06
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
This page is the battleground of the Trivium Fanboy VS. Troll war.
Wait a few years and we'll see this on the History channel.
10.08.2011 - 05:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 10.08.2011 at 05:06

This page is the battleground of the Trivium Fanboy VS. Troll war.
Wait a few years and we'll see this on the History channel.

In this great war sir. Lit. Metalhead I'll take part as one of the trolls... if its what it takes to state that this album.. sucks
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here

Hits total: 23050 | This month: 20