08. Veil Of Sin
09. Captured State
10. Grieve Stricken Heart
11. Too Much To See [Japanese bonus]

Featured in "Getting Into: Amorphis"

Guest review by
gojko88
Rating:
This was my first encounter with Amorphis and it didn't really turn out well. I heard that they were a Melodic Death Metal band, not knowing that they completely changed their style afterwards. As one would expect, I ended up disappointed with the progressive hard rock album I got and all its "emotions", so I hated it. However, having experienced severe love-life problems some time ago and feeling really melancholic and depressive, I couldn't listen to Carcass, could I, so I played this one again...

Read more ››
published 01.03.2007 | Comments (14)

Found in 14 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 577 users
04.10.2010 - 20:53
Rating: 6
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Appelative as fuck, but the classic ''Alone'' and the saxophone on ''Veil of Sin'' makes the whole thing worthwhile.

Still prefer their early works thou.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
06.06.2012 - 10:02
Rating: 7
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This album is extremely underrated. I wish people would give it the attention it deserves, because this truly is a gem!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
29.04.2013 - 20:56
Rating: 10
Sovereign87

I couldn't agree more with you Dentura.

Killer album, not so easy listening compared to their latest work.
25.09.2013 - 10:24
Rating: 10
Khan

Most likely my favourite by amorphis. Obviously for Pink Floyd / prog rock fans, not for close-minded people.
21.04.2014 - 13:00
Rating: 9
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Amazing album! maybe their best with their other singer who was awesome too! Alone, Shatters Within, Veil of Sin, Grieve Stricken Heart and Drifting Memories all are great songs!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.06.2017 - 15:30
Rating: 9
FYA
Destroyer
Vocals are fucking great. It's so funny, that I know that refrain from 'Alone' from somewhere, but don't know the origin.
11.09.2017 - 01:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Worthless album, one good song, rest is shit, simply boring album, example where changes goes extremely bad. in old days probably true metal heads would say if you like this you're poser.
IMO worst album from this band. I can not wait to judge next one, even I know they came back and has good sound today
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2019 - 17:12
Rating: 8
SebaRaven36

Awesome album! loved the songs....

Hits total: 12980 | This month: 30