Metal Storm logo
Would you take back trade with stranger?

Poll

You made a deal with person and next day he wants to cancel the trade.

I would agree and return money.
I would ignore him. The deal was done.

Total votes: 16
04.10.2010 - 22:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Situation like this happened me just recently - i am offering some of my old and now unused English school-books...yesterday i sold one to a girl i dont know at all - she just wrote me an email, we arranged a meeting...there we have met and i traded the book for 500 czk...but today at noon she wrote me again, that she realized she actually doesnt need exactly this book and if i wouldn't be so kind and return the money and take the book back...and well...i was so kind, thats me...

but now i really wonder, how other people would deal with such a situation?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.10.2010 - 23:11
Ernis
狼獾
Simple as that... if the person doesn't actually have the need, then this person should have the right to return the purchased good.
04.10.2010 - 23:14
FOOCK Nam
In your case I would do the same. But in the topic case, with stranger, the deal depends on what I trade/sell and the monetary value amount of the trade.
04.10.2010 - 23:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
That's one indecisive girl...
Well, if I was her I would want to get my money back (depends on the book, though), so, looking from that point of view, yes, I'd return the money.
04.10.2010 - 23:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by FOOCK Nam on 04.10.2010 at 23:14

In your case I would do the same. But in the topic case, with stranger, the deal depends on what I trade/sell and the monetary value amount of the trade.

well she was complete "stranger" (dunno, maybe i am misusing this word a bit - i want to say "person, i dont know") to me...i never saw her before and i kinda hope i would never see her anymore
----

04.10.2010 - 23:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont know, realy dont know. well I need money, so I would not be happy.
Also depends if its days or months. If soem closest days why not but after months never
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.10.2010 - 00:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
Well, IN THIS CASE, she didn't need the object in the end, so I would have done the same thing as you.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.10.2010 - 00:25
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I would agree, to avoid any problems with a "stranger"
05.10.2010 - 00:30
JD
Account deleted
For me it depends on the person who am dealing with, so am not gonna vote
05.10.2010 - 00:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
That was weird. but i guess i would do the same.
05.10.2010 - 11:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.10.2010 at 10:53

She has scanned the topic she needs on to her computer, so now she doesn't need it.

yes, this also came on my mind later...if it was so, the i hope she is damn happy how she had tricked me
----

05.10.2010 - 12:22
Kennoth
I had a similar case, my mother was selling my old school books, and some woman that bought one realized that it was obsolete and she didn't need it. So, she refunded the woman, even though I wouldn't do it personally. Or maybe I would in this particular case? I wouldn't know. But usually, when the trade is done, it's done.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
05.10.2010 - 18:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.10.2010 at 10:53

She has scanned the topic she needs on to her computer, so now she doesn't need it.

If she had bought it from a shop, it is up to the shop to decide, books are a bit different to normal goods, you can refuse a refund if you think it has been read.

If you sold it yourself, its up to you. I would have said tough shit. Probably because I work in retail and I am unable to say fuck off at work when people return things, so when its up to me I would be hard.

Acutally it depends on the country you're in. Here in The Netherlands I have to right to return anything I bought within 7 days of purchase.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.10.2010 - 18:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Even when you buy it from physical person? and without actuarial document? which was in my case
----

05.10.2010 - 18:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Ellrohir on 05.10.2010 at 18:48

Even when you buy it from physical person? and without actuarial document? which was in my case

Yes, even then.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.10.2010 - 19:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And how you can proof the deal was really done?

in my case there is email communication where we have arranged meeting with each other...but would be pretty hard to proof me i really met the girl and take money from her...well, this was in underground, so possibly the security cameras shot me, also some witnesses may be found...maybe also fingerprints on the book...but i cant imagine someone will do all this for 20 euro (equivalent to 500 czk)
----

05.10.2010 - 19:59
FOOCK Nam
Here is what could be done if by my people country:

_ If completely two strangers in the deal just knowing through internet. Trade the stuff around 20 Euro (very much here but I dont know is it big amount as 500 csk). Probably the trade if done cant be taken back. Because strangers dont know the address of each other besides the internet trails. The trade is done because here if people are strangers that meet only for the deal like in the case then 51% no turning back.

_If the deal is conducted through school people who knows each other or at least in the same school. Probably I would return the money because knowing each other, and the amount is not small so, I must/would act frankly and "fellowly", even knowing that the other one would have looked on internet then wanting to take back...

Anyway I also think same as that it depends on the time that she would recall for returning the book, and also the amount of the goods. How big is it for you and how long as it is requested for refunding.
05.10.2010 - 21:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.10.2010 at 21:37

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.10.2010 at 18:40

Acutally it depends on the country you're in. Here in The Netherlands I have to right to return anything I bought within 7 days of purchase.

Even DVDs, CDs and computer software? You can't in this country.

I don't know about those unsealed. But sealed no problem whatsoever.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.10.2010 - 21:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 05.10.2010 at 19:23

in my case there is email communication where we have arranged meeting with each other...but would be pretty hard to proof me i really met the girl and take money from her...well, this was in underground, so possibly the security cameras shot me, also some witnesses may be found...maybe also fingerprints on the book...but i cant imagine someone will do all this for 20 euro (equivalent to 500 czk)

In Swe same, its old Europe vs east Europe iron curtain fall, but ppl mind is same, here you can return even potatos if you buy in market and there a worms isndie, next time you can return and easely get money beck in Lv sellers say go fuck your self I wont guve you beck money
I always ask money and try take ceck when I bought or deal, I dont trust to ppl
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.10.2010 - 22:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 05.10.2010 at 21:45

here you can return even potatos if you buy in market and there a worms isndie, next time you can return and easely get money beck in Lv sellers say go fuck your self I wont guve you beck money

Imagine that you have ordered a pizza and later, when you have got it, realized it has more cheese on it than you thought it'll be. You think those guys would return your money just because you're not a fan of cheese?
05.10.2010 - 22:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Ragana on 05.10.2010 at 22:00

You think those guys would return your money just because you're not a fan of cheese?

you may go and try it in Sweden or The Netherlands
----

05.10.2010 - 22:57
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ellrohir on 05.10.2010 at 22:35

Written by Ragana on 05.10.2010 at 22:00

You think those guys would return your money just because you're not a fan of cheese?

you may go and try it in Sweden or The Netherlands

Ya', sure, I'm on my way.
05.10.2010 - 23:03
Baz Anderson
staff
I was wondering if "back trade" was some slang smoking/drug term or something...

Anyway...
It's a book... just do the decent thing and let her have her money back. Do people have to think twice about doing the courteous thing these days?
05.10.2010 - 23:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"take back trade"...i didnt knew how to explain this thing better

and well - it was already done, i just want to know if it is "normal" or if i was just "too generous"...because it is also quite a lot of money for me which i would really have use for it - now i have useless book at home and no money...there is also this possibility that the girl copied whole book for free during the night and second day returned back to me...

it was all up to my goodwill - either side with money or being poor with "good feeling"...this is my question where i want other to decide
----

06.10.2010 - 02:56
Baz Anderson
staff
I highly doubt she coped the whole book...

Either way, you get to keep the knowledge that you are a good person.
06.10.2010 - 19:48
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 05.10.2010 at 21:45

Written by Ellrohir on 05.10.2010 at 19:23

In Swe same, its old Europe vs east Europe iron curtain fall, but ppl mind is same, here you can return even potatos if you buy in market and there a worms isndie, next time you can return and easely get money beck in Lv sellers say go fuck your self I wont guve you beck money
I always ask money and try take ceck when I bought or deal, I dont trust to ppl

Yessss, holly Europe Western USSSS. Here my place, nothing cant be returnt here...

@Ellrohir: what you did to her is great kind power good will knight ... It depends on the kind of person or how sincere he/she is... If next time when dealing with a school boy or cheeky/"tough to wrong target" guy then probably you know should not take the trade back,

But anyway, did you ask her why she wanted to return ?
06.10.2010 - 20:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nope, i simply took her "i have found i actually dont need them" as valid explanation...
----

08.10.2010 - 23:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have friends that do it all the time and I allow strangers into my vehicle here and there...
11.10.2010 - 16:54
GT
Coffee!!
staff
I guess I would have done the same.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep