Metal Storm logo
In Extremo

27.08.2006 - 07:03
Soliloquy

i cant believe no one made a topic on these guys..yet

anyways, i'm sort of new with the band. although i have known about em for maybe a year or so, but i never really gave em a chance until i found Youtube.com. and so far, i can say that i am really impressed. i love their rhythm guitar...though basic, it sounds cool

how about you? like em? hate em? think they look like lil smurfs jumping on stage with funny outfits? yeah..well
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
27.08.2006 - 18:11
Ernis
狼獾
I do not like music in german but In Extremo is nice to listen....especially for their songs that are not in german....Omnia Sol Temperat is fine and one of my favourite songs "Ave Maria"....I have sung it myself but in its original medieval version which carried a title "Cuncti Simus Concanentes(Ave Maria)"....t'was heartwarming to hear In Extremo create a fine remake of this song.....
27.08.2006 - 18:37
Alouqua
Account deleted
Yeah I agree with you guys! this band is amazing...Thanks to Reinhardt I have all their albums (I guess) and well right now I'm hearing the first two and the last one... I like their sound, even without lyrics they are so amazing.
But as always there are a lot of poeple who don't know them and say (it happend to me) they are Rammstein!
27.08.2006 - 19:13
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 18:37

Yeah I agree with you guys! this band is amazing...Thanks to Reinhardt I have all their albums (I guess) and well right now I'm hearing the first two and the last one... I like their sound, even without lyrics they are so amazing.
But as always there are a lot of poeple who don't know them and say (it happend to me) they are Rammstein!

Not all the albums. I don't have Meine Reisen Herz nor Raue Spree, yet.

Well, I had seen teh band here in MS, but the name kinda scared me a bit, because I'm not that into extreme metal, so "In Extremo"... One day, a cousin passed me the "7" album and I became a fan instantly. They're one of the most skilled bands I've ever heard. Each end everyone of them plays a lot of instruments, their videos are greatly made, specially Erdbeermund and Küss Mich Their lyrics arequite romantic but can also be very melancholic and even religious. Also teh fact that makes me like them a lot is that they singin german, latin, english (only one song, This Corrotion) an spanish (One song: Sefardim). They're awesome.

Well, it happened to me as well that they were confused with Rammstein, I can only laugh at those who confuse them.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.08.2006 - 01:42
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Well, thanks to Reinhardt I discovered this band, like 1 month ago, I like their music, but I haven't enough stuff to say that I really like them and that I know very good this band.

First I got the album "Weckt Die Toten" and then "7" and I like the music, specially for the medieval music, and it's very well mixed with metal, which isn't so easy imo.
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
28.08.2006 - 13:01
Thryce
Retired Staff
Another great Folk Metal band. I have all their albums, except their latest one "Mein Rasend Herz". Their medieval music style (they use bagpipes, harp, hurdy-gurdy and shawm) combined with the most of the time ambient rhytm and vocals in different languages (from German to Spanish, English, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, French, Latin and medieval German) with most of the time lyrics being about medieval tales (they make their own version of traditional ballads), are all the elements you need for a decent and fascinating Folk band! In Extremo really isn't some superficial Folk band but has a lot of different contents.

Juts like in the old thread, I can't emphasize enough my recommendation to see them live!! Really, their perfomance is a small medieval feast!! From their background, to their clothes, instruments, show (fire- spitters and jugglers) and music of course, all are very fascinating and impressive. Plus In Extremo is a great (and loud) live band. So it's definitely a-must-see for everyone who is familiar with their music and especially for the fans!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
28.08.2006 - 20:04
Soliloquy

they seem awsome live. too bad they wont be comming to canada any time soon.

who else has seen em live?
----

-Zakk Wylde
29.08.2006 - 11:38
Ernis
狼獾
I saw the video of Erdbeermund yesterday...I cannot say that it amazed me terrificly but it was simpley well done and original.....and yes....their live videos show an extremely fine stage performance.....
30.08.2006 - 09:46
GT
Coffee!!
A great band indeed...I had planed to open a tread about them when I got back from vacation, but you beat me to it.
I just love their interpretations of old folklore, some of them I've even read back in school. And the fact that the have handbuild all of their oldfasioned instruments themselves. And the voice of 'Das Letzte Einhorn'...well you either love it or hate it...and I love it.
Haven't seen many of their videos, but their live DVD from 2002 is brilliant. It has some interviews with the members...in German of course
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
31.08.2006 - 01:22
Alouqua
Account deleted
Miotalhobad: hey, that video is beautiful!!!!! I love it... and the song... And well i'm just discovering their videos, like Küss mitch
31.08.2006 - 04:33
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Indeed, thay have some cool videos. Erdbeermud is greatly made, has some nice scenery ans the theme is simple, yet effective: The siren catching. About Küss Mich, is a romatic video... The inmate who falls in love with his prison guar, that's funny. How did he get her photo anyway? Great video anyway.
I didn't understand Horizon. Can someone explain?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

31.08.2006 - 06:44
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
"7" is a killer album, but everything this band had made is awesome... they added a new bliss for Folk Metal, that's all I have to say...
31.08.2006 - 21:50
Soliloquy

they really made their own instruments? whow. i made my guitar, and i can say, its no easy job. and i used other guitars as reference, just so i can compare and contrast my guitar with others. so if they made medieval instruments on their own...they wont have any instruments around them to see them

interesting. i have more respect for these folkers
----

-Zakk Wylde
01.09.2006 - 13:56
GT
Coffee!!
@Soliloquy: yes they have made them themselves...that's one of the things I remember from the live DVD and the interviews on it. And yeah it can't be easy making instruments without any references
----

01.09.2006 - 21:55
Soliloquy

/\ yeah tell me about it. it took me about 50 hours of research and tons of other stuff just to see what goes on in a guitar. and then couple of weeks just to see what happens. and on top of that, i spray painted my guitar indoors(for some stupid reason) and i think i inhaled a lil too much of the paint fumes, so i got sick for about 2 weeks...no fun.

but its all worth it
----

-Zakk Wylde
22.09.2006 - 05:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I got "Mein Rasend Herz". I agree with the review, it sounds pretty much like "7". It has great songs, "Fontain La Jolie" is great. However I still consider "7" their best album.
----

22.09.2006 - 07:36
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
But well, I still think all their albums have too many fillers... I will make a compilation with my favouriote In Extremo songs, and believe me that it's gonna be awesome.
13.10.2006 - 13:34
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I agree with southern wind, they're a very good band, but they have too many fillers.
15.10.2006 - 12:18
GT
Coffee!!
Just got 'Mein Rasend Herz'. A good album, but not very surprising. Sounds a lot like '7' as earlier mentioned
----

17.10.2006 - 23:05
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
If Mein Rasend Herz is similar to 7, I guess it's a good album, I'm looking forward to get it.
And which of their albums do you recommend me to get? apart from 7 and Weckt Die Toten
----

Sensorium - Epica
18.10.2006 - 03:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by The Alchemist on 17.10.2006 at 23:05

If Mein Rasend Herz is similar to 7, I guess it's a good album, I'm looking forward to get it.
And which of their albums do you recommend me to get? apart from 7 and Weckt Die Toten

All of their albums slam, partner.
----

15.11.2006 - 18:17
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I got "Verehrt Und Angespien" and I really liked it, much better than 7 imo
----

Sensorium - Epica
16.11.2006 - 02:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by The Alchemist on 15.11.2006 at 18:17

I got "Verehrt Und Angespien" and I really liked it, much better than 7 imo

Well, both albums are pretty similar. The fact is that 7 was much more popular, and had two killer singlkes: Erdbeermund and Küss Mich, while Verehrt Und Agespien had "This Corrotion" a cover form sisters of mercy...

VUA has some cool songs, liek Spielmansfluch and Herr Mannelig. I personally prefer 7, since I find it more elaborated and mixes more feelings. IMO, 7 is their most versatile album. VUA was more like an intermediate album between Weckt Die Toten! and the new "age" that started in Sünder Ohne Zügel.
----

18.11.2006 - 00:32
Ernis
狼獾
I listened to their "Pavane".....they have covered the very same song we danced after in the medieval school......and you can dance the same pattern according to In Extremo's version as well.....
18.11.2006 - 02:18
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ernis on 18.11.2006 at 00:32

I listened to their "Pavane".....they have covered the very same song we danced after in the medieval school......and you can dance the same pattern according to In Extremo's version as well.....

Well, pretty much every In Extremo song is good for dancing... except the ballads. I've danced listening to them...

Once dad saw me dancing to "Davert-Tanz"... He saw me with this look on his face... then he said "you're a jerk" I just continued dancing
----

18.11.2006 - 23:20
Ernis
狼獾
Have you learned renaissance dances then? For example pavane....they can be rather difficult.....and they aren't for dancing alone...you should have a partner...and there should be more than just one couple....these are more or less ball dances...or party/orgy dances....
10.12.2006 - 02:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ernis on 18.11.2006 at 23:20

Have you learned renaissance dances then? For example pavane....they can be rather difficult.....and they aren't for dancing alone...you should have a partner...and there should be more than just one couple....these are more or less ball dances...or party/orgy dances....

Well, When I say dance, I mean more like "jumping around moving arms like a jerk". About learning to dance, thaks, but no thanks, partner... But the party/orgy dances can be interesting...
----

10.12.2006 - 19:23
Ernis
狼獾
"jumping around moving arms like a jerk" is not dancing....it's jumping aroun moving arms like a jerk....or a style called "trees die standing".....
13.12.2006 - 12:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Ernis on 10.12.2006 at 19:23

"jumping around moving arms like a jerk" is not dancing....it's jumping aroun moving arms like a jerk....or a style called "trees die standing".....

I know partner... I simply don't know how ot dance, so that's all I can do.
----

02.02.2007 - 03:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey has anyone got the new In extremo compilation, Klein Blick Zurück? it's fuckin' awesome!
----